Your Favorite Skeletal Fortification Build?

I'm still working on my all summoning spec Astral Lord SW, and with all the points I've put into Astral Lord Focus and Lore, I got 4 points to spare. I already maxed out Nether Allegiance with 2 additional skeletons with plus armor. So now I'm thinking the next best one I'm going to sink points into is Skeletal Fortification. I don't mind the cool down so Imight go for rapid fire first, but I can't decide between ice or magic damage, then scatter shot or Perforate. I'm thinking that Scatter Shot might be more beneficial than Perforate but I would like your opinion on the best mod build.

Or if you think I should put my points elsewhere on the Astral Lord build, please let me know too.

Thanks guys!

All of this is just my opinion.

I go for Cooldown--Cooldown will never go away regardless of how good your regen is... so cooldown needs to go so at higher levels I can place the fortress more efficiently.

I took Magic mod for silver. Previous time I took Ice. I think more is susceptible to Magic damage (or at least Undead is... where the xp is).

Gold: I took scatter shot (extra projectile) since I don't line up the opponents.

one thing of note:

all COOLDOWN reduction mods continue to decrease the cooldown the higher the ca level, which is convenient and I think overlooked. so until you meet the penalty level for runes memorized, you can dump all your extra runes into Combat Arts with cooldown reductions to use them faster, while increasing their dmg and other mods that scale with ca level.

once you hit penalty though, beware, because the cooldown will decrease only slightly, while regen penalty will rise faster, causing the total regen time to increase instead of decreasing. this of course, is determined by your focus skill level.

this affects ALL Combat Arts with cooldowns and a mod to decrease their cooldowns

Thanks for the replies Frost and Soldats. (Any chance you watched Noir the anime?)

Considering you both suggested cooldown, I'll probably go with that. Right now I'm a level 24 SW with maxed out Astral Lore Focus (24) and Lore (25) so regen time is reduced by 46.6%. I haven't gone past the level 18 spell level because I don't know how severe the penalty is. All my points are going into Stamina so regen time is 92.8%.

It looks like I will be going cooldown, magic damage and extra projectile. I forgot to consider that some enemies can be resistant to ice damage so that wouldn't be too useful and Perforate isn't too useful since I rarely line up enemies at all. I'm usually running in circles away from the bad guys while my summons do my dirty work lol.

So now that I pretty much decided my fortification build, I still got 1 more point. What would you go for next? Spectral Hand or Rallied Souls?

one more thing:

your focus level does not affect cooldown. nothing can affect the cooldown of any ca UNLESS it has a mod to reduce it. instead, your focus level reduces the regen that is added and increased for every rune you memorize

I believe every character has one or two Combat Arts with a hard cooldown. most can be modded to reduce it.

and noir was one of the first animes I've ever watched right after nge. though the interest was piqued by an obsession with film noir/hard boiled detective novels

[edit]

I forgot, there is one other thing that affects hard cooldowns: regen per hit. this property on gear/rings mostly benefits any ca with a long regen/cooldown. thought I forgot whether it requires an actual weapon hit or if you can use spells to trigger its effect

Edited by soldats

Oh man, so you're saying that I was misunderstanding the Focus description in thinking that it decreased regen time? So what it actually does is stunt the regen addition? WOW. That kinda blew my mind. :bounce:

So there is absolutely nothing that reduces cooldown other than the hard cooldown modifications?

If you liked, NGE, then I suggest you look up Gunbuster. It's the 80's mecha alien scifi that defined the NGE series. Madlax, which was created by the producers of Noir wasn't very good.

Oh man, so you're saying that I was misunderstanding the Focus description in thinking that it decreased regen time? So what it actually does is stunt the regen addition? WOW. That kinda blew my mind. :bounce:

So there is absolutely nothing that reduces cooldown other than the hard cooldown modifications?

If you liked, NGE, then I suggest you look up Gunbuster. It's the 80's mecha alien scifi that defined the NGE series. Madlax, which was created by the producers of Noir wasn't very good.

my edit included regen per hit as a property that reduces cooldown[I had overlooked this]. if the arrows from sf count as 'hits,' the initial sf will have a nonreduced cooldown, though any cast thereafter would have a lower cooldown+regen. I'm still unsure if spells count as hits, though.

I'm not a real fan of mecha just for the mecha aspect. I watched big o, not for the mecha, but for the character development and mystery with memory tampering...so while they can have elements of mecha, it's not something I run to.

the way I saw the units in nge...I saw them as extensions of the pilot. as in, unit 02 allowed asuka to do things she couldn't do as a human out of frustration...with devastating results. for instance...her duality with thinking herself superior in regards to everyone else, though she suffers from an insecurity that spawns from the fact that she's always trying so hard to please everyone[though she hardly admits it...] so she uses unit 02 in battles to prove both to herself. mecha as a figurative vehicle[pun!]

sorry for the ot.

Its simple if you want to be able to fling multiple skel forts up and have them kill everything around then you want focus magic and scatter shot.

If on the other hand you dont plan to have alot of magic skills and plan to depend on your weapon based arts you want rapid fire.