Shadow Warrior is Stuck Invisible!? Help

( I now see this posts belongs in the bugs/glitches thread, and I thought thats were I was posting it ... my bad :) )

ok this is a really weird situation and I havent found this problem anywhere so here goes...

I beat the game on gold last night and I started a game in free world on platnium. well I thought it was weird but the intro video began playing... (mind you I did select free world) I really didnt think anything of it, but then I started in the shaddowy catacombs instead of the start island... I got that fixed buy messing around and teleporting to different places so now when I start the game in free world he begins at the start island ... no big deal right:)

Well I started the game in campaign mode for platnium and I did NOT get the intro video and I started in the shaddow catacombs with no main quest to start! ... so I did what everyone would do I quit the game exited the game alltogether and started it again. I picked platnium campaign and started it again...

I now saw the main quest line BUT I WAS INVISIBLE! no weapons seen no buffs seen (except when I put them on for the first time) and you couldnt even hear him teleport. the only thing I had to go buy was the mini map and the sound of him swinging his swords. I have tried quiting and telelporting and just abot everything I can think of. When I get on my mount he is visible. I have no idea whats going on, but I hate riding the mount and when I get to the seraphim islands I am going to be in trouble! or any cave for that matter .. someone please help a brother out!

EDIT: So I never got this problem fixed despite thta I played with a few people online and had them run me through the campaign. When I got to niob, my SW was visible again! I went back and checked all other modes of play and it is only the platnium campaign where this problem exists. FREAKING weird

Edited by gogoblender

This is a bug. When you enter or leave a cave (or an area), the effect you're currently under - like cloak, slow, reduced attack spd, etc. bugs and persists. This is easily noticeable when you see no buffs, no other effects (like mentorpot animation, buff animation, etc.).

The only thing you can do is re-log to fix it. I had this problem numerous times when I was doing orc cave runs with pretty much any char. For example, sometimes I materialized in the cave visible (although I was cloaked) or outside the cave visible - although I was cloaked. This can be seen at the end of my orc cave video when I materialized outside the cave visible with all buffs suddenly disappearing.

So the only thing you can do actually is re-log to fix that problem. It's very irritating to run around with 33% reduced run speed, attack speed or whatnot.

Edited by Dobri