Devout Guardian /Shadow Warrior Utility Build Discussion

RyanKO14

Well recently I decided to try a DG and SW build and because I have no high level shopper I thought that bargaining would be useful to me and because I play on the console I thought I would choose EP instead of riding because well I dont use my mount much and would prefer finding better items on each drop but riding is an option. Heres the skills:

1.Devout Guardian Focus

2.Tactics Lore

3.Concentration

4.Armor Lore

5.Source Warden Focus

6.Source Warden Lore

7.Warding Energy Lore

8.Combat Discipline

9.Enhanced Perception/Riding

10.Bargaining

Now as you can see it has DGF to decrease the regen times of Dedicated Blow and Deathly Spears and Tactics Lore to increase their damage. You will notice that I have not chosen Sword/ Hafted Weapons Lore this is because I felt that dedicated blow is already very powerful for bosses due to the conversion so using a strong sword attached with increasing physical damage should be fine throughout the game. Deathly Spears is also a very good CA and will be your main boss killer so it should be modded for jab so you will have extra waves every 20 CA level so as the damage increases for one row you will still have several others doing extreme damage to bosses. Now onto the source warden aspect at low levels these Combat Arts will do pathetic damage but with SWL and Combat Discipline boosting damage they can even be powerful enough to kill something at high levels especially with +All Skills affecting the damage increase of SWL and CD. Concentration I only got so I coukd use the T-Energy shroud and Combat Alert(Battle Aura once fully modded to be a buff) together so I wouldnt increase it but if you want to use Untouchable force too then try and get it to mastery but its a waste of 74 good points in my opinion. Armor Lore is one of those skills thats pretty much a "must have" for every build. It decreases the regen penalty, allows you to wear higher level armor and increases the resists the armor gives you. Now this build is very offensive because I like to think that the best offense is a good defense but others may disagree so we have warding energy lore to increase our shields power and if we add 40% of absorption warding energy and have our T-Energy Shroud active our shiled will take all of the damage we recieve also with a powerful T-Energy Shroud the more damage our shield can take and it can be modified to regenerate whilst in combat and warding energy lore increases the power of the shield as well as the rate it regens at so a high powered shield can take massive damage and so at higher levels like niob this can be a life saver. Our general skills EP and bargaining allow us to have a shopper to kit out our items with powerful stuff such as +All Skills and EP lets us find better drops such as set items and stronger potions.

So that is basically the build and I am in the middle of testing it at the moment he is lv 9 his source warden skills are weak due tohis level but can be helpful to slowly wear down champion mobs. He is killing everythinh with ease though like all TG's he will need to use lots of health potions to stay alive to begin with. I have an officers saber with +104 All Skills so he should be powerful enough early on until I reach higher levels and get better weapons and armor and still be able to get good +All Skills in my armor. Some things may be wrong so I would appreciate any help/advice and all comments are welcome.

A couple of suggestions for you:

Consider keeping Combat Alert as a castable rather than a buff. This will allow you to use Untouchable Force if you wish without concentration mastery and combat alert will be twice as effective (you lose have of its power if you convert it into a permanent buff)

If you plan on using dedicated blow or battle extension often especially at higher difficulties you will need a way to increase your attack statistic. This is normally accomplished by taking a weapon lore. You will find yourself missing a lot especially against champions and bosses if you do not take a weapon lore (or majorly compensate with +attack in your gear).

The modification to T energy shroud that allows for in combat regeneration is very hard to improve so at high levels you will regenerate your shield very slowly during combat. This modification does help at lower levels with survivability though.

Have fun!

A couple of suggestions for you:

Consider keeping Combat Alert as a castable rather than a buff. This will allow you to use Untouchable Force if you wish without concentration mastery and combat alert will be twice as effective (you lose have of its power if you convert it into a permanent buff)

If you plan on using dedicated blow or battle extension often especially at higher difficulties you will need a way to increase your attack statistic. This is normally accomplished by taking a weapon lore. You will find yourself missing a lot especially against champions and bosses if you do not take a weapon lore (or majorly compensate with +attack in your gear).

The modification to T energy shroud that allows for in combat regeneration is very hard to improve so at high levels you will regenerate your shield very slowly during combat. This modification does help at lower levels with survivability though.

Have fun!

Ok thanks for the advice I have changed the build even more and would like more advice before testing

1.Sword Lore

2.Devout Guardian Focus

3. Tactics Lore

4. Armor Lore

5. Toughness

6. Warding Energy Lore

7. Constitution

8. Combat Discipline

9. Concentration/ Enhanced Perception

10. Source Warden Focus/ Bargaining

Im having trouble choosing the last skills. I plan to get concentration just to allow me to use T-Energy Shroud and Untouchable force and get Source Warden Focus to get points to mod it and decrease the regens on my Area of Effect skills. To boost the damage I would use CD but I could also get a high level shopper with bargaining or I could replace constitution with SW Lore to have powerful Area of Effect's but im not sure if the damage increase is very high and if it will be worthwhile. So if anyone can offer any advice or reccomendations on the matter id be very grateful.

Edit I also have another build I need advice on. Its a DG/LF build. I dont know if this will be effective but id imagine that it be good for bosses,support and still have one or two skills to pwn mobs with (DS and AD). If I were to use it heres my build

1.Devout Guardian

2.Tactis Lore

3.Armor Lore

4.Lost Fusion Focus

5.Lost Fusion Lore

6.Warding Energy Lore

7.Combat Discipline

8.Sword Lore

9.Toughness

10.Constitution

Id use AD with two ricochet mods for most mobs aswell as furious emblazer and DS. For bosses id use a combination of DS,JT? and dedicated blow with BE active for double hits.

I play on the xbox so I'd like the builds to be for the xbox and so I was wondering if JT's self-repair fixed and if not is this build still viable without it and useable later on in the harder difficulties (will it do well there too) or is a SW/LF build a better hybrid than DG/LF please let me know with your reccomendations and advice.

Edited by RyanKO14