I am new to the game help

Both classes cover a wide field of possible builds: both can be played as fighters, archers, casters, .....

You can look in the guide section for a build which you like. But most guides there are highly optimized builds. I do not know of a collection of builds which are designed to test most of a class before you decide to go for a highly optimized character.

In nearly one year playing sacred2 I did only 3 classes above level 25 because lack of time. To be able to discuss sacred2 with my kids, friends or here in forum I did characters which sacrifice some damage for more flexibility, so I could try out several ideas in a single character.

The character I made for my 11 year old daughter to try out several elves: The Shield Maiden

My Dryad to test out nearly all a Combat Arts: The Witch: Vodoo, Alchemy and a cauldron

The 3rd character is a riding dragon mage with alchemy in the (german) AddON.

Edited by chattius
if anyone could I help I have been debating on whether or not to make a high elf or a serp help with be great

Honestly, I think the way to go is to try things out with your first few characters, just to get a feel for the game, different play styles and CAs. Don't worry about making an optimal character or planning for higher levels, at first.

Along the way you can accumulate some runes and items in your shared chest, to help out your future characters. You'll quickly have a whole bunch of extra ones and can start going to the runemaster to convert them into CAs you want to try out.

Just keep in mind that many of the CAs that seem terribly slow will get faster and/or more powerful as you level. Low-level characters tend to use the plain left-click weapon attack a lot more than higher level ones.

Once you've tried each class and have played with the different options available to each, then it's time to start reading guides and stuff to decide what you want to try next. Some guides are meant for high-level power but are kind of dull to start; I personally like characters that can do well from the start and just get faster/better later. I might not ever get a character to gold because I've got a busy life and there are always more games to play, but I enjoy the process of trying out different things before settling on one or two characters to play further into the game.

Yes, you need a feeling for the game, you have to try out stuff and find what is working for yourself. But you should also avoid the biggest mistakes when trying to save frustration. The shield maiden I put 2 posts above is a robust build to test most stuff an elf has, and if you lack the time, it is able to be played well into niob, even in the AddOn if you like the character.

It may be no Suzuki Hayabuza in experience rate, but it would be at least a BMW GS motorcycle. Fast enough on the Autobahn, but still rock solid if you have to use a secondary or a country road because of an patch or AddOn.

Yes, you need a feeling for the game, you have to try out stuff and find what is working for yourself. But you should also avoid the biggest mistakes when trying to save frustration. The shield maiden I put 2 posts above is a robust build to test most stuff an elf has, and if you lack the time, it is able to be played well into niob, even in the AddOn if you like the character.

It may be no Suzuki Hayabuza in experience rate, but it would be at least a BMW GS motorcycle. Fast enough on the Autobahn, but still rock solid if you have to use a secondary or a country road because of an patch or AddOn.

Thank you for the input I will defentetly look into the shield maiden, and also is the ice elf anygood

The Ice Elf is good to play but I suggest not as a first character.

You need a good understanding of the game and how the Combat Arts work to make one viable for higher difficulties.

Also she is a slow fighter compared to other builds (after about level 50 she starts to shine though).

One basic rule to follow with all characters.

Only eat one CA rune.

Eat more if you can afford the increased regen times, but its preferable to increase their level by items instead (as the regen time is only half).

However you can, and should, eat more than one rune for your buff Combat Arts.

The Ice Elf is good to play but I suggest not as a first character.

You need a good understanding of the game and how the Combat Arts work to make one viable for higher difficulties.

Also she is a slow fighter compared to other builds (after about level 50 she starts to shine though).

One basic rule to follow with all characters.

Only eat one CA rune.

Eat more if you can afford the increased regen times, but its preferable to increase their level by items instead (as the regen time is only half).

However you can, and should, eat more than one rune for your buff Combat Arts.

cool thanks I have started making my elf I am level 9 and she does some alright dmg with the ice attacks and my cool downs are quick too