Help Please - Problems with Bargaining

hey guys and gals.

This is my first post on this forum, or about this game for the mather.

I am just posting because I need some guidance, I have a level 41 high elf with bargaining, 41 hard points in bargaining and, bargaining level is at 105 so 2.5x my level

But see my problem is that I still cant find any + all skill rings and ammy's.

I was finding a nice amount wile I was level 20-30 with about not much bargaining

but now notting... I have tried shopping in bronze, silver, and gold. And still notting

If anyone can pls clear this up for me.. what am I doing wrong? any tips? do I really need to get to 122 points in barganing before I actually get some kind of +all skills?

Thanks in advance!

"+ all skills" are pretty rare at that point. You might want to try shopping at the Runemaster near the big temple in Thylysium. There is a dungeon right there - Every time you pop into the dungeon and back out it will reset his inventory. It will possibly take a while before you will find what you are looking for - Maybe 1 out of every 10 hits he will have a "+ all skills." So, you might be bored for a half hour, but it will pay off -

Zonc1 Posted Yesterday, 07:12 PM

What is your shopping routine? Note that if someone is idling on starting island, items will not be replenished.

I shop in all towns I have Tele's to, then close game and make new one, over and over again lol

obie191970 Posted Yesterday, 08:55 PM

"+ all skills" are pretty rare at that point. You might want to try shopping at the Runemaster near the big temple in Thylysium. There is a dungeon right there - Every time you pop into the dungeon and back out it will reset his inventory. It will possibly take a while before you will find what you are looking for - Maybe 1 out of every 10 hits he will have a "+ all skills." So, you might be bored for a half hour, but it will pay off -

Thank you Very much for the reply... I am trying this out as we speak, will let you know how it goes. But just to point out tho... I was getting a got amount of +2 to all skills at a lower level... any reason for this? and my bargaining not even 2x my level

Thanks again for replys :)

It is really hit or miss for me, to be honest. My latest build is a level 66 Seraphim that has about 140 Bargaining - From 60 through 63 or 64, I wasn't finding any at the stores. Now at 65 and 66, they have them almost every time. I'm not sure how the numbers actually work. I do know that if you are persistent and don't mind the boredom of doing it, you will eventually find what you need - But from my experience, there has been some dry spells.

See antitrust's posts on this. The higher your character level, the harder it is to get top tier items. Ex: tier 12 is relatively easy to get at level 5. It is impossible at level 200. The general consensus is that it is best to aim for tier 10 items whatever your character level. Shooting for more than that is probably unresonable. Note that lightsabers are in tier 12.

Here's the thread: http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...ead.php?t=56777

For example, to get tier 12 at character level 15 you only need 17 points in bargaining.

To get tier 10 at character level 200, you need 394 points in bargaining.

See also schot's posts on "bargaining networks".

Edited by ka243
It is really hit or miss for me, to be honest. My latest build is a level 66 Seraphim that has about 140 Bargaining - From 60 through 63 or 64, I wasn't finding any at the stores. Now at 65 and 66, they have them almost every time. I'm not sure how the numbers actually work. I do know that if you are persistent and don't mind the boredom of doing it, you will eventually find what you need - But from my experience, there has been some dry spells.

Thanks for that info. I will keep lvling her and see what I can come up with.

Thanks

It really seems to me like Bargaining is worthwhile either at very low levels (that level 2 HE with 6 points), or with extreme investment and a Bargaining suit. Anywhere in between, it's just not very good.

The 5 hard points my ranged dryad has in Enhanced Perception, combined with a good survival bonus, have paid off better than 40 points so far in Bargaining. Literally all my gear at this point is from drops. I'm actually thinking I will stop investing in Bargaining for a while, and concentrate on skills that give me short term results -- and then catch up later.

I would take bargaining to mastery and stop it there, then you don't have to worry about spending any more points into it and just boost it up by +skills from gear. Make a shopping suit that you only use when you do some shopping.

With my HE I have stopped at 75 hard points into bargaining, and with my shopping suit I have bargaining at level 450 and the stuff I'm finding is amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on Antitrusts write-up, what is a recommended level for a good shopper? ie. I have a level 121 seraphim with 407 bargaining. and 75 hard points( mastery). I was thinking I need to keep going all the way to lv 200. But sounds like level 150 is cap before unusual amounts of all skill would be necessary to stay at tier 12 .

Currently I find +10 all skills fairly easy. If I keep leveling what is there to look forward to? Good stuff I imagine.