High Elf - Melt Down

Anty

I've been thinking the last couple days about trying a build for the High Elf, mainly focusing on combining the Pyro and Ice side of her, hence the name Melt Down, the main combo for ribbing bosses and mobs apart would be a combo of Raging Nimbus followed up by Incendery shower, and just for picking off stragglers a combo of Frost Flare and Ancestral Fireball. useing these to deal with almost anything(working so far but im only halfway through bronze) and just for backup getting her somwhat proficient with swords weapons, shield lore and Armor Lore(of course)

and before I go into to much effort was just wondering your thoughts whether this would even be possible and or even work. . .

Or at least is it worth a shot?

If ya need anymore Specific info I'll bew glad to answer any questions you might have

Any words of advise would be great.

Anty out

Most people give up the fire/ice idea because once you have ancient magic, you don't need a second damage type. So you would need the second aspect mainly for support, not for damage: Like modify your meteors mainly for a long lasting stuning shover and not for damage.

Now look at the other support spells in the fire tree: fire skin, fire demon. Both need no pyro lore. If you want another attack spell you can use cobalt strike, using the arcane lore and focus to have a nice healing buff which also speeds up regeneration.

The crystal skin wins from the lore, so we would have focus and lore in the ice/storm aspect.

So we have already:

pyro focus, ice focus, ice lore, arcane focus, arcane lore, concentration and ancient magic.

Now add armour lore, shield lore and constitution and we got 10 skills already. We did these calculations too and created a shield maiden build for our daughter who wanted to play sacred2 too like her older sister.

We have no experience how good or useful a build will be, which changes arcane lore for pyro lore in the shield maiden from above.

Edited by chattius

Ah thanks for info, I'll keep going with my elf continueing pretty much wat you did in your sheild maiden guide, and I'll be searching for somthing else that hasnt been done yet ^^

If there is anything left >_<

Well I didn't say that your idea is not working, its just that fire or ice allone with ancient magic mastery is enough to kill everything. I play a dryad with all 3 aspects fully developed because I lack time to play. Weapon or nature magic would be enough on their own too.

I did it like: playing silver with hunter aspect, gold with hunter/vodoo, platinum with vodoo and niob with nature magic.

So by developling one aspect after the other I kinda played a different character at each jump in difficulty. The character became not boring this way and I was able to test out build ideas from others in one character, not with as much power, but with enough to play niob.

The shield maiden is doing 2 full aspects: ice and arcane, arcane mainly for melee and a half fire tree for support.

The reason that people who search for power focus on one aspect mainly, doesn't mean that a multi-aspect is no fun. If you have no time to play different builds, or don't need the 20% more in damage if the character is fun to play, why not.

The main reason on multiaspect in different classes is that sometimes you have to choose damage or stun, damage or slowing, damage or weakening, .....

With playing 2 aspects you can modify a CA in one aspect for the damage and a similiar CA from another aspect for the weakening/stun/.... Like frost flare for damage and meteors for stun at the elf. We were the opinion that the fire tree support Combat Arts don't need the lore to do their effect, but we decided that with the idea of an ice/melee hybrid in our thoughts.

A ice/fire caster build needs different thoughts and is probably playable too. Perhaps even an archmage with full 3 aspects, if you plan some spells for defense.