F-Secure 2010 and Copy Protection for Sacred 2

We upgraded to F-Secure 2010 at weekend and noticed that sacred2 was no longer starting up. I supposed that it would perhaps be some heuristic scans and unloaded f-secure from its unload button. Sacred2 was working again, so I stopped my daughter to do a new install on her machine. After a failed searched for Sacred2 yesterday at F-Secure today I searched for SecuRom in their knowledge base and found this:

[14974] Internet Security 2010 issue with copyprotected software

Summary

This article describes an issue with F-Secure Internet Security 2010 and some copyprotected games.

Problem description

F-Secure Internet Security 2010 might cause some copyprotected games to stop working if advanced process monitoring is enabled while the game is running.

Solution

To resolve the situation turn off the advanced process monitoring when playing the copy protected game.

1. Open F-Secure

2. Go to advanced settings

3. Under computer select DeepGuard

4. Uncheck "Use advanced process monitoring"

5. Press OK

9/15/2009 11:08:00 AM

We play already the AddOn. If this affects activating or revoking too isn't written. So this post is mainly to prevent days of frustration when Sacred2 is no longer running. Heuristic virus scans have trouble with SecuRom. As have some tools from wininternals.