Curious question about Temple Guardian's. Pretty please! :)

Hyperius

Sorry all, I would have asked in the TG boards but they seem a little slow atm and I know lots of people patrol in here :)

So I've made myself a utility TG with this build http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9517 That Dobri has constructed. Now, I've played some slower characters in other games....but am I setting myself up for one heck of a gruesome leveling grind with this guy? hehe. So far in Sacred 2 I've played a few flavors of seraphim(dual wield shopper and BFG) Fire HE, Inquis, and a SW ALL of which seemed immensely more powerful :woot: Do TG's just happen to take a long time to ramp up or as I asked before, am I in for a nightmare of a ride here? It seems the single target damage is very low and the Area of Effect although OK is nothing to write home about as yet due to regen etc etc. Now, I must confess I'm only level 14 atm lol....BUT, as I stated as well ALL of my previous characters felt just sooooo much faster and fluid while killing etc :P Being a Blacksmith/shopper I expect some slow down. I'm really just curious if later down the road they Do start to pick up some? Would my pick have been better spent on an Inquisitor and getting the utility skills? Yes, I KNOW I can just try both but I do actually have less time than I'd like and even getting my TG to 14 has taken me 2 nights now(only a couple hours a piece)

Anybody have any advice or insight? I was thinking I could drop EP for Source warden lore for at least a nice Area of Effect or two down the road and will gladly if you all think it might be worth a pick(still a loooong slog to 50-65 though if it's this slow the whole way through lol)

I'll do it if it needs to be done, just looking for some info :D Thanks all!

I have a Area of Effect TG and when I started to play it I jumped from a pyro HE to it. So you can get the picture the kill speed was turtle pace. But it gets better. First you have to get used to the fact that the game play style is different and it takes time to get used to. Once you get used to you will see his true power. The Area of Effect tg is a real power house in his own right I remember after level 30 or something I could gather up 1/4 of the swamp and dont get damaged by them. His comes in true light when you get in gold. His Area of Effect CAs pick up on there damage level and then he starts to eat those levels like mad. :)