Can you open the next difficulty in free world mode in single player?

I know you can open the next difficulty in SP if you beat the last boss on the previous difficulty in campaign mode.

Is it possible also to just start a free world game and go beat the last boss without doing the whole campaign to open up the next difficulty?

That would save so much time.

Nope. U would have to do the quest, but u can't cos it's free mode. And, remember, in free mode the campaign/quest status doesn't save.

But, since yer doing SP and want to skip a difficulty, just edit in the balance file the level needed for the difficulty u want.

Doh, thanks. Playing Xbox so I can't do that, but its useful info. It would be nice if you could get to the next difficulty by simply eliminating the guardians in the previous difficulty.

Edited by ka243
You can mod the game, and it will allow you to enter higher difficulties.

Does that apply to xbox version too and if yes, how do I do it? I don't have multiplayer access as this would require chatting with a headset which other members of my family would not like (we have a small appartment).

Edited by ka243

I have done it in coop online. I have a xbox friend that plays with me. He has not started any campains on his machine up until platinum. which it let him start directly after leaving a coop game with me. If you have a coop friend to play with. communication is up the the team. You certainly could use messaging, although that is not preferred as it takes forever to communicate. So no talking allowed in your home or what?

How do the PC guys communicate?

Edited by locolagarto

Yes it can be done on both consoles.You just have to find someone who has unlocked the higher difficulties. But in your case you cant do this because you cant play online. And multiplayer does not require chatting to play.

Does that apply to xbox version too and if yes, how do I do it? I don't have multiplayer access as this would require chatting with a headset which other members of my family would not like (we have a small appartment).

Can you edit text files on xbox? How about photoshopping images? Video editing perhaps? :)

KA do you have any network connectivity to the internet? I believe I got a xbox live software update for Sacred2 the first time I played the game. I think you can get the update with a simple xbox live account. (not the full $50 yearly gold membership)

Can you edit text files on xbox? How about photoshopping images? Video editing perhaps? :)

Nope. Xbox is sealed. gaining access to files means voiding Xbox warranty. Which is very necessary with a failure rate as high as it has.

KA do you have any network connectivity to the internet? I believe I got a xbox live software update for Sacred2 the first time I played the game. I think you can get the update with a simple xbox live account. (not the full $50 yearly gold membership)

Nope. Xbox is sealed. gaining access to files means voiding Xbox warranty. Which is very necessary with a failure rate as high as it has.

lol I think he was being sarcastic.

You never know? I assume Anti-Trust to be an brilliant guy, (with all the knowledge he has shared so far) but not all PC guys have had exposure to consoles, especially since the early versions were toys compared to the 3 Ghz monster game machines they are now.