What can I do? Why did I die?

claudius

I had a inquisitor with

1) high bargaining and up to date gear. Admittedly most of my choices were for offense rather than boss battles.

2) all vitality and 20 points in constitution with + skills.

3) good damage dealing cabability

4) only 1 buff with 10% mitigation on bosses. Unmodded soul reaver was owning mobs for defense. I could try and add reflect buff but it would be a big point invest to get it over 50 so I figure I might still die.

5) armor lore around 15

6) melee build

7) all relics to fire

I was fighting the first evil dragon in the seraphim island quest and I was like level 37:)

I'm really bummed out bc when I saw how I could level up so fast I had thought that I had a special build :tease:

I think the problem is the base armor of inquisitor is very low. Any workaround? In my build I could skip astute supremacy and add combat reflexes I suppose but the points gotta come from somewhere :) And I think the 70% prismatic reflect is going to work out to be the better apple anyhow.

Edited by claudius

First do you play PC or console.

Soul reaver is a nice buff as long you are killing continously. But at most bosses you are not killing enough small mobs for a while, so your souls vanish and your hit chance and armour is lowering.

For the hit chance on Bosses one solution would be to take alchemy (you have bargain to unlock it already) if you play on the PC. The trophies would also give some physical armour, evasion and better heal potions. I don't know if you have double wielding. In the addon there are legendary or unique shaft weapons with x% life leech. If you don't find them, using yellow shurikens or lances with x% life leech works nice against bosses too and you get the hit chance from trophies. The life leech would also heal you.

It is quite a while ago that I played an Inqui, but Purifying Chastisement gold modifier used to raise all damage, even reflected one. So its normally no mistake to go for 3 buffs with an Inqui.