Trouble with Sacred 2

I've been having a lot of trouble understand a lot of the game mechanics, and Im afraid it will end in sacred being shelved, my main thing is juggling power/regen times, I really like my inquisitor but hes at the point where theres no power to be had it takes me 2+ combos of CM + LA and it to kill a group at level 10. But, being im posting this in general discussion, my real question is for the pros, How do you juggle regen times?

Thanks,

Sharrakor -//- Swhirlwind

Well first, the Ing is a tougher character to play when your just starting out. And casters like the Inquisitor and HE take some time to mature. Typically you augement spells with melee weapon in the early levels

If you are going for Astute Sup. then take the Focus skill early and use it to lower regen times. now your spells will not be very powerful but slowly you will see your regens times come down. Skills like Armor lore and Concentration will also lower regens. having those in the works will then allow you to take Astute Lore. this is your damage skill.

Now having said all that. Runes are the devils playground. sure they are attractive because they raise damage, but they will also take your regens out of control. so it is best not to read any runes at all until much later in the game unless reading them doesn't affect your regens drastically as in certain buff that are modded to reduce regen times

There is 200 levels in this game so don't think you'll be a pro at low level. they take time. Something I have a very difficult time with myself. ( I just killed a level 36 Dryad tonight by getting greedy and going after big bosses that I wasn't strong enough to survive yet)

Lastly there are several really fantastic builds posted here : http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showforum=375

2 that I like are:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12102

This Player writes very good, well planned and easy to understand builds

and this one.: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12492

This is a very powerful build but it requires a certain play style that is not for everyone.

Good luck and don't give up just yet.

Edited by locolagarto

Sacred General is just fine Sharrakor but since you have both the console version and the pc version it could help to mention which version you are needing help with and if pc then which patch version, heh. Man... So many different versions...

Ok, so regens eh? At level 10-ish. Personally I don't attack with Combat Art's much until level 20-ish. Before level 20 I'll focus on my buffs but the rest of my Combat Art's it's a bit pointless. Fighting with ranged will in most cases kill much faster than Combat Art's. So pick up a strong ranged weapon and build a noobie ranged powerhouse to get you through those early levels. Level 20+ is when you start to see drops that can really help your build but before that I wouldn't hold your breath.

In later levels you need to be "runes read" conscious. Reading a ton of runes into a buff isn't likely going to kill your character but reading a ton of runes for your main attack will, in early levels, and the grass will grow faster than your Combat Art's regen. Always try to increase your Combat Art's from gear first. In early levels it's risky to read runes because if you start reading runes before you start wearing set pieces you may find that as soon as you do start putting set items on they will drive your Combat Art levels up too high. You could simply not use the set items until your regens get under control but then you might miss out on some of the other really great modifiers on set items.

Shop! Best way to improve your regens is with Bargaining. You could buy Regeneration per hit, Chance to halve regeneration, etc...

Combat Art Modifications. As you spend points in your skills you'll gain modification points which will let you choose different ways of improving your combat arts. A lot of different combat arts can be modified to improve regens so watch out for those. They can help a lot. Since you're early level you'd be too low to start seeing the benefits just yet.

Ultimately it's typical at your level to have terrible regens. If you had some niob shoppers and or smithers it would change your character dramatically but for first timers what you are experiencing is quite normal. :agreed:

Thanks for the reply Schot, I'm playing on the ps3 version atm, because I got a new hard drive and I can't find my Sacred 2 manual for the activation code :agreed:, I'd rather play on PC though, in the hopes that I can actually get into a multiplayer game instead of being lonely all the time haha.