Deathly Spears base casting speed

I noticed something very odd last night about Deathly Spears, it appears to have a base "casting speed" of 95%, whereas all the other Devout Guardian Combat Art's have a base of 100%. They do all then get a casting speed bonus from the weapon skill for your equiped weapon (Hafted Weapons if you're using Axes/Hammers) as expected but don't (IIRC) benefit from +attack speed (I think, Deathly Spears certainly doesn't).

Yes.

*checks with level 200 blank character*

Very odd, I wouldn't have thought that that would affect the casting speed. The reduction to casting speed is probably the % that I was "over-levelled". And the reduction to casting speed based on weapon speed appears to be the attack speed reduction% applied to 100% - 50% (which is the minimum). So if your weapon's giving you -10% AS, the casting speed will be 95% (ignoring everything else).

Just noticed this myself a couple of weeks ago with my Shadow Warrior that had "eaten" 75 runes in Scything Sweep, and was wondering why the execution speed was so much slower then with Demonic Blow.