Request: Niob-dasher Shopper-Seraphim which is fun to play

chattius

This character is for my daughter, she wants a seraphim shopper to make this character or her next seraphim good looking and deadly. No need for another seraphim if this one proofs to be good already.

The goal is to reach niob as quickly as possible. Because the characters are on the server of the youth club she has no other shopper. A classmate starts a smith but is of cause not at niob yet.

The planed skills:

• 02 Divine Devotion -we need something to unlock bargaining and for a niob dasher we will get money from other characters we hope to do it like: finish all boss fights as long our god power is active or severely damage it (Testa)
  • 03 armour - unlock modifiers on non set armour
  • 05 bargaining - get us some equipment
  • 08 concentration - 2 buffs, we have all runes from other characters
  • 12 exalted warrior focus- modify buff for better hit chance, we will play with regeneration per hit on archangel
  • 18 revered technology lore - buff, archangel (reg per hit working?), nova
  • 25 revered technology focus
  • 35 celestial magic focus - pillars, restoration(breaks root effects and other useful stuff) , later buff
  • 50 constitution
  • 65 ancient magic

bargaining, revered technology lore to mastery first. If the idea would be niob-capable and fun to play then concentration could be brought to mastery 3rd.

Vitality only first.

God: (Need help here)

Forens: great protection versus bosses and hopefully they fall as long it is active

Testa: nice damage, and early on you can collect big groups, fire Testa, collect the loot and sell it and bargain while Testa regenerates

It is planed that this character will recharge a nova/archangel combination with the archangel and regeneration per hit. The weapon will have x% life leech.

Pillars will be used to collect mobs for the novas. Archangel will be used in close combat, sounds weird I know.

If you're not going to use the BFG, why do you need 2 buffs? I'd say suggest skipping concentration in that case in favor of another skill - maybe toughness or warding lore (to boost divine protection) or combat discipline.... Divine protection is so much superior to warding energy in every imaginable way. I don't think archangel will work with regen per hit but I could be wrong. Some of my comments on use of warding energy vs divine protection in my guide: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...c=13311&hl=

Edited by ka243

The character is great fun so far: Pillars with hypnosis to gather a group and fire archangel's wrath into the group: 2 explodings fireballs with critical chance and x% life leech. The battle buff adds to damage of the archangel wrath. Still the possibility to play an archangel based BFG build, but life leech from a big two handed sword is very nice.

The character is level 39 so far. Bargaining and technic lore stay at level and concentration will be 3rd.

STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION

The Archangel

I still need a name for this Characterbuild

This will perhaps turn into a guide if someone or myself finds the time

STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION

In germany we don't use the phrase 'Jack of all trades, master of none'. We have the saying eierlegende Wollmilchsau which would translate to egg laying wooly pig you can milk, the only animal a farmer needs.

So we want all in a single character:

shopping, perception, weapon combat, celestial magic, BFG, energy shield, Nova and undead burning aura, ....

Too much of it can easily turn the character to the normal reason a farmer has a pig: to be slaughtered. And the goblins and orcs in the lands are happy of such a tasty meal like a seraphim.

So we can't have all, but a lot of it. And perhaps we can turn the pig the orcs are preying on into a Daeodon. And now the orcs are the prey....

The beginning:

It all started when my 2nd daughter had to spend afternoons at a youth club because her afternoon school class was closed because of cases of influenca. So she started to play sacred there. She was starting totally new: no smith, no shopper, ......

She had played only 2 characters before a shieldmaiden and a dragon mage: a sohei bargainer. Both characters shared the same playstyle: Go in melee range and recharge your combat arts with weapon hits using Regeneration per Hit. At an evening walk with our dogs she said she wanted to play a seraphim at the youthclub. My best seraphim was level 25 so it was hard to give some advive. But the good thing was: I was not at my computer. So I was not influenced by any guide. So we discussed how she wanted to play and she said, the first thing she wants would be a shopper who reaches Niob quickly to support her next then real character.

Planning the character

So we went creative, fast niob is something else than fast experience: It is dashing the campaigne and mainly boss fights. A good way to kill bosses is x% life leech on your weapon. If we would use archangel's wrath then we had a combat art which would use the lifeleech of the weapon, and even better we could modify it for double shots = 2 times the leech. We can do damage way quicker if we are close to our target, so close that we can't miss (well the shots, not the chance to hit :( ). So there was no need to modify the wrath for guided missiles. Explosion was chosen to have some Area of Effect damage against groups.

The Forens god power lasts 15 seconds and double life leech and the normal damage from archangel's wrath should do quick boss fights at this low levels. The pillar and its hypnosis were used to gather groups and have the explosions of the wrath take full effect. So that was the character:

2 fully modified buffs: battle aura and energy shield

2 fully modified combat arts: archangel's wrath and radiant pillar

Bargaining and technic lore (for attack speed) were kept at level and concentration was pushed as third, mainly to lower concentration times of all 3 aspects.

And then the surprise. It was fun to play and quick in killing. Having a 0.5s Reg per Hit triggered by anything in the explosions recharges the combinations very quickly.

The original Character as it was played

02 Divine Devotion -we need something to unlock bargaining and for a niob dasher we will get money from other characters we hope to do it like: finish all boss fights as long Forens is up

03 armour - unlock modifiers on non set armour

05 bargaining - get us some equipment

08 concentration - 2 buffs, we have all runes from other characters early on, BFG for archangel's wrath

12 exalted warrior focus- modify buff for better hit chance, we will play with regeneration per hit on archangel

18 revered technology lore - buff, archangel (reg per hit working?), nova

25 revered technology focus

35 celestial magic focus - pillars, restoration(breaks root effects and other useful stuff) , later buff

Around level 15 she started party playing with a boy in a chairwheel she knows from her archery club and who plays a shadow warrior smith around her level. She decided to continue the character in party play and against niob dashing. So at 50 celestial magic lore will be taken for better restoration spell and damage with the pillars. 65 is planed for energy shield lore.

The character was not planed to take constitution because niob should be arrived before any mastery. So this seems to be the best compromise if the character is played not only into niob but in niob.

Problems:

At level 41 the nova was modified for radius. Will'o wisps at close distance are hard to hit, they can kinda hide between your 2 arms so one fireball misses left and the other right.

Flying demons at close distance have your archangel wrath miss. Either try to get some distance again, use pillar and nova, or have a hard hitting weapon attack at its malus for this enemy.

The optimized Character, as a non bargainer

to be published,

possibilities: BFG based archangel, take polearm skill: chance to hit more enemies (seems to work for archangel?), constitution,

The trick is to take synergies: if we do archangel's wrath and not a normal weapon Combat Art then we don't need tactics lore. Technics lore will boost the damage and attack speed of archangel wrath. A weapon lore is not really needed, we just need 4-5 sockets for CtH gear at bosses.

Only 2 weapon lores seem useful:

ranged for BFG and shuriken based archangel, frees some sockets otherwise used for CtH.

polearms: chance to hit more enemies, better Area of Effect damage

A hardcore variant could be:

constitution and reflexes instead gods and bargaining, getting rid of combat criticals and more hitpoints. I still have the hope of a final patch which fixes the chat, damage mitigation reaching %'s above 100, ....

Edited by chattius