I do love these games :) The women parade round almost in their birthday suits and the men go in armour so heavy and clumsy it is a wonder they can move! Yet both have apparently the same armour value. Is it that the women have chain mail UNDER their skin? Not so much Sacred perhaps, but WoW, Oblivion, and most free on-line games.

I see the feminists screaming about women as sex objects, yet there is no shortage of women playing these games, with every sign of enjoying it, and even, where there is sufficient choice, wearing the most rousing armour available.

It could, of course, be blokes like me parading in female form. Or is it that a large proportion of women have no objection to being sex objects?

How many females play in male form...how many males in female form?

Well ladies?

While I know we have some ladies on the Forum and I am sure many more play Sacred 2. Let's face the facts.

The demographic for video game marketing is young males 18-25. And it's been 20 years since I was 18, I remember what interested me back then......ummm and still does. Girls!!

Now, I will stop all of you that want to blast me for this, I know there are many exceptions to that rule.

Having said that, I have seen a pop culture change in the recent decade, I see more and more action stars in movies and TV becoming woman. I can't even think of all the ones that I have liked, but every one of them was a strong, intelligent, and yes a beautiful woman. Jessica Alba in the TV show Dark Angel, La Femme Nakita before that. more recently I loved the Underworld franchise of Vampire movies with Kate Beckinsale.

Long story short. we all have a favorite hero in mind and sacred 2 certainly gives us a couple of options.

Yeah Loco, but I bet they didn't wear high-armour-rating mini-bikinis (or less). Must be that women have thicker hides than men.

As for men being sex objects, how can you be a sex object with all that distorted scrap metal smothering you?.

Actually that is not entirely fair - I am thinking of an illustration on the log in panel for a particular 'free' game. He also has a three headed axe that even Atlas would have had difficulty lifting, never mind swinging the thing.

umm... ever hear of Baywatch?

What about it? Do breast implants deflect bullets?

I don't know, LOL but in Austin Powers movie they had "Machine Gun Jumblies" :drunkards:

I understand your point, I'm just having too much fun objectifying women in my mind. :woot:

I never saw the armour rating of the Baywatch costumes.....in fact I am not even sure that I saw the costumes.

Stop objectifying loco. Bad for the blood pressure. Try a cold shower......on second thoughts....let's all objectify together. :(

As we spend these many hours plying RPG games, the tendency to rationalize the fantasy is tempting. "could that weapon be that much more powerful than this one" in real life. making reality comparisons in a fantasy world is a bottomless pit.

Bottom line we like our lady heroes to show us some skin. period. that's the advantage of living our gaming days in a fantasy world. the day we begin melding the two, we'll all be playing SIMS 3. yuck!

Edit: you could always just opt for the Endijan's full set and feel good that your fantasy Char's Armor is well matched to it's spec's

Edited by locolagarto