WIDD-Builds

Maybe I've mis-read this, and Spunky means that the serious open wound won't kill me, it will stop when I hit 1 HP. That could be controlled with health potions as I have thousands of them stashed away.

It reduces your maximum hitpoints, no health pots will save you.

WIDD is from maximal hitpoints. So if you reduce maximal hitpoints and were at full hitpoints before you will be at 'full reduced health'. WIDD will have no effect. It seems that changing maximal hitpoints will have the health scaled to the new maximum. So adding an item with 20% constitution will still be 100% health if you had 100% health before before.

It reduces your maximum hitpoints, no health pots will save you.

Oooooh... after reading that, I went and looked at the wiki for the wounds effects... didn't know deep wounds and serious open wounds reduced max. HP. Huh... gotta stop assuming things with those funky wordings in this game. I had thought that they were just different "strengths" of open wound effects. Weird that we don't know what deadly wounds does?

So that idea is dead, I suppose. I'll have to find another way to manage health level.

I'll work on that as I play the character. SOMETHING will work, just needs testing. For now, with level 80-ish Niob jewellery, I can pump max HP to insane levels, and the low HP regen shouldn't effect it too much, for the first 20-40 levels or so.

I fully expect to end up with having to use ranged weapons (instead of dual-weilding Blood Dryads and casting Levin Array and/or Eruptive Desecration). This is because those beautiful swords only have one gold slot each, and I want to use booster slots for lowering regen. times of high-level LA and ED. Wait... I typed that and realized that Inquisitor cannot use shield..... so I'm only looking at having two or three slots available for boosting, anyway. No doubt, I will be testing this, stay tuned!

Will post a build, if successful, in Inquisitor. forum but just wanted to see if anyone sees any mistakes in my thought process with this character.

Proposal: Inquisitor, focused on enraged modifier. Dual weild Sword of Blood Dryads, but trying to stay out of melee combat!

BUFFS: Purifying Chastiment will have to be pumped lots, obviously. Concentration will be added in later levels (35 or higher) to add Reverse Polarity (fully modded) for increased defense. I've used the doppleganger as a buff on my first character, and I don't mind it too much, so it is considered for the 3rd buff.

COMBAT ARTS: Levin Array, maybe Clustering Maelstrom and Raving Thrust, although they are a pain to use on console. Eruptive Desecration as backup, to mop up any leftover elites or champions.

BOSSES: other than leech life %, I am at a loss on this until I start playing. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

LIFE % CONTROL: Chattius' idea of unequipping armour with lots of +HP, taking a couple of hits from a monster, and putting back the armour is good for low levels. Probably not the best idea for Platinum and Niob difficulties. For that, I think I would want to remove some damage mitigation, take some hits, etc.

INSANE DAMAGE: The swords and PC buff should take care of damage % increases. AS or NN Lores may not even be needed!:) Can I assume that the base damage rings will increase the base damage of spell combat arts? I hope so. Will test as I get moving, if no one is sure.

SKILLS: Bargaining, Toughness, Armour Lore are desired to be mastered ASAP (I don't have a fully-powered bargainer yet) :). Focuses will be "play and see" what is required to keep damage at desired levels. Dual Weild, Concentration, and the last skill(s) to be left at one point until extra points are available. If the doppleganger proves to be any good at all, Concentration's value will rise signifigantly, and may even be mastered early.

This will be my first character to use the EXPLOIT of forging high-level jewellery into low-level armour/weapons; you may curse me to oblivion, but I want to see if I can design a character that starts out in GOLD difficulty! I don't like cheating, but if I can propose a difficult enough challenge, I am curious to see what I can do with that exploit, since it is available for me. Probably (OK, most definitely) will level up this character to 5, to have a couple of skills and some decent slots to forge before embarking on gold.

I've wasted my lunch doing this, I'd better get back to the darkness....

Edited by essjayehm
This will be my first character to use the EXPLOIT of forging high-level jewellery into low-level armour/weapons; you may curse me to oblivion, but I want to see if I can design a character that starts out in GOLD difficulty! I don't like cheating, but if I can propose a difficult enough challenge, I am curious to see what I can do with that exploit, since it is available for me. Probably (OK, most definitely) will level up this character to 5, to have a couple of skills and some decent slots to forge before embarking on gold.

I've wasted my lunch doing this, I'd better get back to the darkness....

Ok, I know y'all are on the edge of your seats so I do have some inital testing to report.

Cheated a level 2 Inquisitor into Gold difficulty. Without any armour, weapons etc (just starter stuff). The bartender / patron at the start of his camaign were doing about 100-ish damage. This gave me a good indication of what I need defensively, I figure about +3000 hp should give me some breathing room to be able to stay enraged as well as survive 10 or so hits (ranged attacks, running too close to an enemy, etc...), at least to start, and explore / grind around the Eastern elven regions without extreme difficulty.

The "booster" strategy for taking off a +HP armour, taking some damage, and putting the armour back on when enraged, works... good. Not great. The health regen seems to be a percentage of your max HP, and not a flat rate depending on your Vitality (and any other combat modifiers from armour, skills, etc). I noticed that my HP regen out of combat was still (guessing here) around 2-3% of my health maximum. It only takes about 12-13 seconds to regen. half my health (which was 1100 at the time) so my thought about the HP regen being too low was wrong as well. BUT THE ENRAGED CONTROL WORKS! Just need to concentrate on keeping a tag-along enemy so that I stay "in combat" to avoid regenerating HP.

Offense - This will be the decider, obviously. My previous notion of being able to start gold at level 5 is a bit overzealous. I will go back into gold at level 5, just to get an idea of where I am at with the offence. Should be able to do that tonight, if I don't pick up my seraphim. I'm a little addicted to playing her atm, and she has to shop out some more +HP jewelery for the angry hermit build.

(EDIT)

OK... secondary testing completed. Level 8, still with only 1100 HP, but Levin Array at level 14.6 (ASF has 1 hard point, but +all skills bumps that nicely.) No enraged bonus damage, it took a solid 5 min. to kill 3 elves, without dying! (Elf Stats - Level 41, with 700-ish hitpoints. 80-120 "normal" dmg with crits/Combat Art's (not sure which was which) hitting for 500-600).

Casting LA lets them close in, and hit me. 3 or 4 hits will take me to the brink of death, but a quick light health potion bumps it back to 50 or 60% of max. health. So new plan for keeping health is just to take the incidental hits, which are unavoidable when trying to keep a tag-along to stay "in combat". and use potions when necessary. Will be avoiding any grouping where possible, just to stay safe.

Now level 12, and I will give gold a go. Don't have equip. shopped yet, so the "plan" is still in flux. Will concentrate on bumping Purifying Chast. with Niob-level runes into armour, to take advantage of doubling up on enraged bonuses. There should be some slots left to play with, so evasion-type increasers are planned if damage is good enough. Booster slot strategy is Setup 1:Levin array +24; Setup 2; +all skills 15, stamina +12. This will take care of the insane regen. Levin array will have, to be able to kill those Level 41's.

Skills - Barg(12), Dual Weild(1), GI Focus(5), AS Focus (6), Toughness(1).

off I go, into the golden darkness... wish me luck!

Scott

Edited by essjayehm
  • 5 months later...

:D

Well, I've come back to the enraged Inquisitor. Pretty funny reading my exploits from 6 months ago. :)

Anyone else have a WIDD build going? I see the danger of trying to play hurt when playing Hardcore, and the trade-off of having some more damage probably doesn't warrant doing in HC... especially with reflected attacks. :bye:

So far, I have enraged at 550%, with dual Blood Dryad swords and PC at level 21.... my main issue now is that only the elites and bosses are hurting me enough to kick WIDD into action! (poor me, I know).

Anyway, just wanted to exchange ideas/issues to see if there is any real merit to playing enraged.