New cursors

Sankekur

I've seen that some people have problems with the ingame cursors in terms of visibility, so this is an attempt to increase the visibility of these cursors. This only affects the hardware cursors for moving and attacking (melee and ranged). Here are some pics of the three cursors on both black and white backrounds.

MCS_IDLE1.jpgMCS_IDLE.jpg (movement)

MCS_MELEEATTACK1.jpgMCS_MELEEATTACK.jpg (melee)

MCS_DISTANCEATTACK1.jpgMCS_DISTANCEATTACK.jpg (ranged)

The cursors can be downloaded here.

I have tested the cursors quickly and to me they seem easier to see, but of course I can't test all locations :o, so feedback is welcome.

This was made for the Ice and Blood add-on but should work in other versions as well (probably).

Thanks for this mod Sankekur.

The cursor has always been hard for me to see properly when playing.

I will try and give it a test out this weekend :)

edit:

nice pc you got there :)

though with that sort of kickass specs I highly recommend DOS 6.22

Its a gamers dream :drunkards:

Edited by stubbie
Thanks for this mod Sankekur.

The cursor has always been hard for me to see properly when playing.

I will try and give it a test out this weekend :)

edit:

nice pc you got there :)

Its a gamers dream :drunkards:

Cool, I hope you find it helpful.

I've thought about DOS 6, but my problem with it has always been the enormous amounts of disk space it requires, I mean 5+ MB, please, thats a bit lavish for an OS :).

nice pc you got there :yay:

Its a gamers dream :)

I've thought about DOS 6, but my problem with it has always been the enormous amounts of disk space it requires, I mean 5+ MB, please, thats a bit lavish for an OS :P.

lol you guys.

Cool mod Sankekur. :)

Well I've made another cursor set, this one adresses some of the issues I have (or at least had) with the cursor set. What I didn't didn't like about the orignal cursor, is the use of diffrent cursors for moving and attacking, and then different cursors for different types of attacks, then there are also different types of cursors each type of npc. I just thought why do you need a runemaster cursor when hovering over a runmaster, you know its a runemaster.

So what I did was to make a cursor set that uses only one cursor (appart from the beacon in the map), and then by just giving the cursor a different colour for different interactions. Here are some pics of the cursors.

MCS_IDLE.jpg (normal movement)

MCS_IDLE_red_nogo.jpg (No movement possible)

MCS_IDLE_red.jpg (Attack)

MCS_BEACON.jpg (Map beacon)

MCS_IDLE_blue.jpgMCS_IDLE_blue_light.jpgMCS_IDLE_blue_red.jpg (Interaction with items/Combat Arts/doors/chests ....)

MCS_IDLE_green.jpgMCS_IDLE_green_light.jpgMCS_IDLE_green_red.jpg (Interaction with NPCs/mounts)

The cursor set can be downloaded here.

Note that the movement and attack cursor in the download are lighter than displayed in the pics here and that the shades of the colours in the pic are also slightly of of the actual ones due to the jpeg compretion.

So for those who dont mind the current cursor ignore these.

And for the one remaining person that wants something else, use it, and any feedback welcome.

:)

This is great Sankekur! You're tearing up the Sacred 2 Mod section

:bounce:

gogo

nice pc you got there :lol:

Its a gamers dream :tongue:

I've thought about DOS 6, but my problem with it has always been the enormous amounts of disk space it requires, I mean 5+ MB, please, thats a bit lavish for an OS :P.

lol you guys.

Cool mod Sankekur. :)

Thanks

Edit: Oh and a merry Chirstmas to all :xmastree:

And for those who live in the right part of the world I hope its a white one.

Edited by Sankekur
  • 11 months later...