Questions about BFG Sera

Kerstnicht

Hello there people!

At the moment im working on my BFG Seraphim, but in the meantime some questions occured to me. Im hoping someone could answer these for me please.

- Does the abilities on a wielded weapon vanish once the BFG is activated? (like +skill stats on the weap)

- Same for a shield

Furthermore I see people talking about reg times of lets say 1-2 secs (for instance at Pelting strike) while mine is still around 8-9 seconds. I've only read 1 rune, im level 52 now with all kind of set items, and I was wondering how you guys manage to keep your reg times so low.

Hopefully someone can help me with questions.

Yours sincerely,

Kerstnicht

Hi, When you are using the BFG, you can't use another weapon or shield at the same time as the BFG is a 2H weapon. so yes, you will not get bonuses from weapons you are not wielding at the time.

For regen times, it depends on a lot of things. +Combat Art or +Aspect will boost the level of the combat arts you are using which will also increase their regen times.

Make sure you have the appropriate focus skills: exalted warrior focus and rev tech focus to bring down your regen times.

The best way to quickly regen exalted warrior Combat Arts (or even better: combos) with the BFG is the regen per hit bonus that you can get on armor, rings or amulets.

I suggest reading my guide and dobri's on bfg seraphims.

Edited by ka243
Hi, When you are using the BFG, you can't use another weapon or shield at the same time as the BFG is a 2H weapon. so yes, you will not get bonuses from weapons you are not wielding at the time.

For regen times, it depends on a lot of things. +Combat Art or +Aspect will boost the level of the combat arts you are using which will also increase their regen times.

Make sure you have the appropriate focus skills: exalted warrior focus and rev tech focus to bring down your regen times.

The best way to quickly regen exalted warrior Combat Arts (or even better: combos) with the BFG is the regen per hit bonus that you can get on armor, rings or amulets.

I suggest reading my guide and dobri's on bfg seraphims.

Thank you for your answer :) I actually read your and dobri's guide, and that is why I was wondering how you could maintain your Combat Art regen time that low. I guess ill spend some points in stamina for the couple next lvls. At this moment I'm wearing +1,2 regen per hit, so that would be sufficient in my opinion.

Ill keep on working :) thnx again

The number it displays for regen time doesn't really matter. What matters is the time it actually takes to regen the Combat Art or Combo. Regen per hit works correctly on console versions or on ice & blood. It does not work correctly on the PC version without the ice & blood upgrade.

If you're using soul hammer + pelting strikes combo that should be at least 4 hits or more every time the combo goes off. Modding pelting strikes for double hit chance will increase the number of hits.

Every one of those hits will regen your combo by your regen per hit amount as long as the hit connects. With 1 point in ranged weapons, high level BFG buff and BFG buff fully modded for enhancement --> enhancement --> accuracy, you should not have trouble hitting things. By the time the combo has executed, you should be ready to fire it again. If not, one more regular shot should regen it all the way. Add more regen per hit if you need/want to, its a very good modifier.

I don't recommend adding points to stamina as they are better spent on VIT (more hp), DEX (more bfg damage) and WIL (Divine protection shield points & spell resistance boosts) in my opinion for bfg builds of the warrior type I made. Adding some points to stamina certainly won't make or break the build though.

Feel free to post details of your build if you want me to look at it.

Edited by ka243
  • 1 month later...
Hello there people!

At the moment im working on my BFG Seraphim, but in the meantime some questions occured to me. Im hoping someone could answer these for me please.

- Does the abilities on a wielded weapon vanish once the BFG is activated? (like +skill stats on the weap)

- Same for a shield

Furthermore I see people talking about reg times of lets say 1-2 secs (for instance at Pelting strike) while mine is still around 8-9 seconds. I've only read 1 rune, im level 52 now with all kind of set items, and I was wondering how you guys manage to keep your reg times so low.

Hopefully someone can help me with questions.

Yours sincerely,

Kerstnicht

Concentration and Armor Lore will both reduce your regen times, as will Exalted Warrior Focus. I'm playing Ka's warrior focused BFG seraphim. I have 1 pt in Concentration, 75 in Warrior Focus, and Armor Lore is around 60ish(maxing it now on level up). My regen for the Soul Hammer/Pelting Strikes combo is around 2 secs. BFG and Battle Stance will both increase regen times, so try to find a balance between boosts and penalties.