Voodoo Dryad (black magic woman)

Ok this is working very well ..My few questions are (I use xbox 360)

1. whats the deal with bargaining I have always found better equip from drops than in shops ( sets included) does Bargaining increase the quality of items in the shops compared to in the world (sets as well) or does it just give you better prices on what they have

2. In your original post you have shield lore but on one of your videos you have dual weapon how do you work that in can you break down 1-10 what skills you use in the dual weapons build and what mods are in the one cause it doesn't seem to be exactly like original post ( I hate shields )

3 lets just say after getting your answer about the bargaining skill I dont want to make her a shopper that will leave me 2 open slots what would you suggest I put there to totally max out her destructive ability?

1 Bargaining allows you to shop from the merchants. It is not really the armor you are looking at it will be the jewlery. Example if you dont have bargining you wont be able to by the + All Skills with excellent 2nd or 3 mods. Like +4 All skills with 30% Deathblow.

2nd You can not buy sets from merchants. The sets you will find by having taken Enhanced Perception so when you kill Mini Bosses (White Griffon, Boar, etc.) Elites they have better chances to drop set items. I have Enhanced Perception maxed at 75 and sometimes I open chest and set items drop out.

3rd here is a build with no shield, with or without Bargining. I always recomend taking Enhanced Perception. So it is only 1 free skill.

Nature Weaver Lore

Cabalistic Voodoo Focus

Nature Weaver Focus

Enhanced Perception - Gives us a better chance of finding gear, if not to equip, then to sell for money. Also unlocks accessories with Chance to Find Valuables and experience per Kill modifiers. Keep it at either 1 if you go with Combat Discipline, if not keep pumping, need 5 to unlock Bargaining.

Combat Discipline -OR- Bargaining

Concentration

Combat Reflexes - Needs 5 points to unlock Armor Lore.

Armor Lore

Tactics Lore - Need 5 points in this to unlock Dual Wield.

Dual Wield - Can leave this at 1 point.

Hope this helps

Yeah very cool I have a Shadow Warrior at 60 doing my bronze mini boss killer for set drops ( got about 20 set pieces in an hour) So I was looking for something like this to make a Viperish Disease dryad with more damage output . this looks good

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dual wield was a new build I was testing for another post shes good but not even close to the singel handed shield wielder. She can take advantage of having more slots but the shield wins in defensive bonus. scrapped her.

So, I'm at a whopping levle 34 (yeah, I could have leveled faster but I dont have anyone to take this char to gold so I'm playing through the storyline to get to gold, then plat and (hopefully) Niob). Orcs freakin hammer me, gar collossus took forever to kill (black curse-tangled vines-edalphic lances combo) but he never hit me so it was no biggie. Anyway, even realizing that this setup is meant to be a fast leveling shopper rather than a story finisher, I'm still having a blast playing her. I think I need to eat more runes, just dont want to go overboard, which Combat Art's should I be concentrating on eating runes for? (not that I have spares but....) edalphic lances and bark more than anything?

BTW, FWIW, I didnt start with a ton of usable crap in my shared chest as I had been planning on only playing Shadow Warrior, HE and seraphim chars...so my armor is crap and I'm hesitant to socket items into equipment that I may not use again unless I *need* to do so. I do have a level 46 seraphim shopper (queen of blades build), I just like the bargaining skill I guess...

Edited by mainerunr
So, I'm at a whopping levle 34 (yeah, I could have leveled faster but I dont have anyone to take this char to gold so I'm playing through the storyline to get to gold, then plat and (hopefully) Niob). Orcs freakin hammer me, gar collossus took forever to kill (black curse-tangled vines-edalphic lances combo) but he never hit me so it was no biggie. Anyway, even realizing that this setup is meant to be a fast leveling shopper rather than a story finisher, I'm still having a blast playing her. I think I need to eat more runes, just dont want to go overboard, which Combat Art's should I be concentrating on eating runes for? (not that I have spares but....) edalphic lances and bark more than anything?

BTW, FWIW, I didnt start with a ton of usable crap in my shared chest as I had been planning on only playing Shadow Warrior, HE and seraphim chars...so my armor is crap and I'm hesitant to socket items into equipment that I may not use again unless I *need* to do so. I do have a level 46 seraphim shopper (queen of blades build), I just like the bargaining skill I guess...

As far as runes you should have modded MA and read enough runes to keep pet level 2x above yours. Ancient Bark you can read as many runes as your heart desires. I was able to tank monsters including Orc Cave while my pet killed them. So you should not be taking a pounding. What Combat Art's have you modded so far?

If you have lances fully modded you could run Griffon and Fire Boar in Bronze to get some set items to help you out.

zeus said it all just remember two things Viperish Disease is a damage dealer so while your using the main combo throw in Viperish Disease a couple of times to add some damage to the mix. Also don't forget to use acute mind before doing the combo to boost its damage. Also one lastthing have an extra button assigned to edelphic lances so you can just span it while the vines hold the mob in place as soon as the vines fall recast.

I have a BB in the voodoo arts but still have questions. I've seen more then a few post about the artamarks star this seems to be a very valuable piece to have. So for myself and the others who read this thread where can we find this piece?

zeus said it all just remember two things Viperish Disease is a damage dealer so while your using the main combo throw in Viperish Disease a couple of times to add some damage to the mix. Also don't forget to use acute mind before doing the combo to boost its damage. Also one lastthing have an extra button assigned to edelphic lances so you can just span it while the vines hold the mob in place as soon as the vines fall recast.

I have a BB in the voodoo arts but still have questions. I've seen more then a few post about the artamarks star this seems to be a very valuable piece to have. So for myself and the others who read this thread where can we find this piece?

Artamark Star is a 3 star amulet/ring which drops from killing monsters just like any other 3 star jewelery

As far as runes you should have modded MA and read enough runes to keep pet level 2x above yours. Ancient Bark you can read as many runes as your heart desires. I was able to tank monsters including Orc Cave while my pet killed them. So you should not be taking a pounding. What Combat Art's have you modded so far?

If you have lances fully modded you could run Griffon and Fire Boar in Bronze to get some set items to help you out.

only have Viperish Disease and Ancient Bark modded so far, have points in nature weaver that I can spend. I think my biggest problem right now is I just dont have enough runes to read...I also have skill points that I havent spent yet, I've got bargaining and nature weaver focus at level, Enhanced Perception at 5, Voodoo lore at 10, nature weaver lore at 10, and I forget what the others are right now but they're not very high...I've been saving points to dump in voodoo focus when I take it next level, that will allow me to mod MA.

And I do have a chest full of crap, just nothing really dryad specific...suppose I could socket a couple +skills rings

just looked up the star that is a very nice piece to have. Has. Anyone done any test to find the best monster to kill to get it to drop faster. I have been playing quite sometime and today was the first time I have seen it. Hasn't dropped one time in a game for me.

Maine if I were in your shoes I'd drop the save points into nature lore to finish the needed nods in that aspect. It is your most important aspect. Also lore will raise your damage in that aspect plus increase your HP regen from ancient bark. Also strap on some plus skills to help this aswell.

just looked up the star that is a very nice piece to have. Has. Anyone done any test to find the best monster to kill to get it to drop faster. I have been playing quite sometime and today was the first time I have seen it. Hasn't dropped one time in a game for me.

Maine if I were in your shoes I'd drop the save points into nature lore to finish the needed nods in that aspect. It is your most important aspect. Also lore will raise your damage in that aspect plus increase your HP regen from ancient bark. Also strap on some plus skills to help this aswell.

No certain known monster drops the artamark star, it is random therefore I know when I played on 360 back when this game was first released it was one of the most sought after along with ice flashes.

Okay I normally give out advice now am seeking advice. My Voodoo Dryad has reached level 80 in 20 hours stuck in Platinum. The reason for being stuck is the lack of gear besides a few pieces karrupted and Couze gave to me. I take alot of fire damage with Ancient Bark even with 3 relics of fire. I also made a few choices in modding wrong also I have not even placed one mod point into lances big big mistake. I know to run the mini bosses for gear but I have to rely on pet killing them but it takes to long because the pet wants to kill all of the other monster before the target mini boss. Therefore less chance of getting set gear. I did go the duel wield route but now see where the defense would fit better. So here is my proposed build:

Nature Weaver Lore

Cabalistic Voodoo Focus

Nature Weaver Focus

Enhanced Perception

Bargaining

Concentration

Combat Reflexes

Armor Lore

Shield Lore

Cabalistic Voodoo Lore or AM or Constitution or Something else?

Also when modding Nature Combat Arts what do you normally mod after fully modding Ancient Bark?

Edited by Zeus331

Cabalistic Voodoo Focus

Nature Weaver Focus

Enhanced Perception

Bargaining

Concentration

Combat Reflexes

Armor Lore

Shield Lore

Cabalistic Voodoo Lore or AM or Constitution or Something else?

Also when modding Nature Combat Arts what do you normally mod after fully modding Ancient Bark?

After A.B. I always split it between Golden Glade Touch and Acute mind. Then directly after that I go lances then vines. Just depends on my level.

The build looks solid but heres what you do to make it work. Kill the voodoo lore and add in nature lore because that keeps you alive and boost your damagers. Then add in either ancient magic or combat discipline and you have a solid build. For the way you like to play. Also Im off today so ill be on a little later I have a some level 95 gear if you needs it. just send me a message.

To all of you who have me as a friend on psn im going M.I.A for a little bit. Im testing yet another voodoo build. This time kicking it old school though deleted my games utilities so I could play the 1st version where the voodoo spread was insanely fast and all the drops where stilll there and mobs died miles away and you still got the experience. So for those looking for me to log in you will not see that keeping the ps3 offline so it doesnt get the update and I can "Kick it old school". So if you need me write me here. I still check this post periodically.

Ps. I saved my utilities and game data on a flash card if any of you know how to get it out. Let me know as well tried failed.

To all of you who have me as a friend on psn im going M.I.A for a little bit. Im testing yet another voodoo build. This time kicking it old school though deleted my games utilities so I could play the 1st version where the voodoo spread was insanely fast and all the drops where stilll there and mobs died miles away and you still got the experience. So for those looking for me to log in you will not see that keeping the ps3 offline so it doesnt get the update and I can "Kick it old school". So if you need me write me here. I still check this post periodically.

Ps. I saved my utilities and game data on a flash card if any of you know how to get it out. Let me know as well tried failed.

When I removed the patch, nothing seemed to change at all.

Oh for me there is a huge difference its like I'm home. I will try an shoot some videos of the new dryad as I build her. I went from one to seventeen in one hour and 35 minutes. There is a huge difference though for instance on the new patch she gets a lot more items to fall and getting drops on the older version is a bit slower. Maybe its my level or the level of me Enhanced Perception but in hurting for runes. So far all I have for combat arts are: Tangled Vines, Goldenglade Touch, Moribund Animus, Forest flight, and Twisted Torment. With only those combat arts you can see survival was a bit Bit rough. So for the player just starting the game I wouldnt recomend doing this. I first started her in bronze and leveled to five then I saved the game and made a silver free world. Also her natural hp regen rate hurts o.For some odd reason I can run around for atleast 20 minutes and not reagin any hp from the random mob hit. So there are ups a s downs to both. The experience floods I rember are in full force I can start Viperish Disease in sloeford and walk all the way to clearview and only have to cast Viperish Disease one time and the entire island is contaminated and thats premodification. Also Ive noticed at level 17 all the animals on the way to and around the white griffin still are dark red so alot higher level thatn I curently am.

If you have played for only a few months and are starting this character as a helper to your main this is good information but do it at your own risk.

Edited by karruptedkat

BIGGEST TIP I HAVE GAVE IN A WHILE 3

I'm not 100% sure if this will work on xbox(sorry), but I just done it for ps3 and omg its what ive been missing. So If you have read my post I always refer back to how fast and how awesome it used to be doing a voodoo dryad. Well heres to old school. Heres a trick that you can use on the dryad you are currently leveling.1st things 1st you will need a flash drive and about 5 minutes. What you do is go and copy your game utiity(Look for the one that has your highest level character listed in the information)to the flash drive/memory stick. Then disconnect/disable your internet conection.Now delete your game utility file off the ps3. Cut off and on your ps3 and restart Sacred if you have done this right it will reinstall your game data w/ todays date. STAY OFF LINE! Now go to the flash card/memory stick which is just above your game utilitis and copy back your info(highest character data) to the ps3. Start the game and walla you will have the older version of sacred w/ your new Dryad. Minus the last patch which Nerfed her effectivness. If you prefer to play online you can always Enable your online again and when you cut the game on it will automatically download the newest version of the game.

Welcome to the old school fellas/Ladies Enjoy.

Edited by karruptedkat

This build is so funny, I had zero problems with the first big dragon I encountered but then I had to run and hide from the Fire Lord (or whatever he's called on one of the islands), bring up moribund animus and fire GGT, Acute Mind and lances for 15 minutes to kill him. I know I need to eat more runes, I'm just not getting that many since I'm just running from point to point. Dumping points into Barg, NWF and NWL every level and pretty much ignoring everything else. Was hoping to be through silver about 5 levels ago but I'm just gaining too much xp as I run around infecting everything I see....still having a blast, stopped before the next dragon as I'm sure my boy will want to see this (yeah, I let my 8yr old play, I shut the 'gore' off)...

ok this is driving me nuts! I kep trying to get all my mods out but it seems I put too much points into the wrong skills :) 1st I put points into CVL till VP was modded then NWL till I got to 45 when I noticed after 15 points dropped thatit wasnt giving me any more mod points so I went to NWF and added some then I started to get mod points before I do more I would like a clear description so I'm not wasting points and I can get all my mods out earlier im at level 52 and all my mods are not maxed out ...can you break down how many points into whick skill do I put to get all the mods out quickly example : put 20 in CVL or so to get VD topped then .....to get that topped then....

'

I hope you can explain it or a list 1-10 which skills you picked in order and by each 10 levels where you where at point wise with then so I can follow the same course I want to see if I can match the leveling!`? and I just don't seem to get when to put points into which skill

My other ? is what gives when I'm at the merchant and an item in details says its 500k but merchant is elling it at 1,000k ? does it mean that I can sell the item at 500 or is xbox glitched that I can't buy it at 500.. I thought bargaining should allow me to get better prices!

Hi there!

I am giving this build a shot (PS3) and I gotta say that it is absolutely awesome for fast leveling! I only have one problem that I've run into, and maybe it was covered already but I can't remember... For some reason, the combo for bosses between black curse, tangled vines, and edalphic whatchamacallit don't want to sit in the same combo for some reason. It won't let me put all three in the same combo deal... am I missing something? I've followed this walkthrough to a 'T', so maybe it's just my ability as a player to suck better than normal! =)

Cheers and thanks in advance for the help!

GCS

Edited by grandcrosssteve
Hi there!

I am giving this build a shot (PS3) and I gotta say that it is absolutely awesome for fast leveling! I only have one problem that I've run into, and maybe it was covered already but I can't remember... For some reason, the combo for bosses between black curse, tangled vines, and edalphic whatchamacallit don't want to sit in the same combo for some reason. It won't let me put all three in the same combo deal... am I missing something? I've followed this walkthrough to a 'T', so maybe it's just my ability as a player to suck better than normal! =)

Cheers and thanks in advance for the help!

GCS

I've got them in the same combo. The last 'boss' type I fought, was the one the dragon sends you to...had AB up, had MA running around, kept hammering GGT and the combo and managed to kill it pretty easily but I did have to down a ton of health pots.

What I need is a ton more runes I think. Might have to start hammering my queen of blased build just to get more runes (I've been using all my inquisitor and tg runes for trades).

I've got them in the same combo. The last 'boss' type I fought, was the one the dragon sends you to...had AB up, had MA running around, kept hammering GGT and the combo and managed to kill it pretty easily but I did have to down a ton of health pots.

What I need is a ton more runes I think. Might have to start hammering my queen of blased build just to get more runes (I've been using all my inquisitor and tg runes for trades).

Odd, I'm trying to put them in the same combo now and it's just not taking to it. The screen is looking at me going, "Ummm, dude, we have to talk..."

As of now: I tried setting up black curse, edaphic lances, and tangled vines to no avail. For the life of me I can't figure out why or how to get around this. I HAVE to be missing something really simple for it not to be taking...

Edited by grandcrosssteve

Odd, I'm trying to put them in the same combo now and it's just not taking to it. The screen is looking at me going, "Ummm, dude, we have to talk..."

As of now: I tried setting up black curse, edaphic lances, and tangled vines to no avail. For the life of me I can't figure out why or how to get around this. I HAVE to be missing something really simple for it not to be taking...

Combat Discipline.png Combat Discipline

Here is the solution.

Combat Discipline.png Combat Discipline

Here is the solution.

Oh boy... And public flogging shall commence within the hour! Thank you! =)

THANK YOU SAM /BOW. UNTIL YOU ACESS COMBO DISCIPLINE YOU CAN ONLY PUT 2 THINGS IN ONE COMBO. Dont worry about the public blast because I promise you if you were thinking it 20 more people were as well. So keep the questions coming thats what the boards are for.

Okay lets break down the skill points system. ill also post the direct link from sacredwiki which will help you better make your choices. To fully mod one combat art you need 9 points in that respective aspect. Put simply if you want Viperish fully modded you have to do 2 things be level 9 and have 9 points into CVD. same goes for NWL and NWF. So if you have a combined 18 points in Fature focus and lore you can fully mod 2 combat arts in the Nature Aspect.

heres the link to wiki. Cause later on it gets more tricky because it takes more the 45 points to mod everythinbg in one aspect the cost began to climb later on.

Here is what sacred wiki says: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Skills

Skills improve the hero's characteristics in many different ways. Each character class has different skills. On reaching the next experience level, the player can distribute additional skill points in order to improve these existing skills. The number of skill points gained depends on the level of the hero. These abilities are very powerful and they should be chosen carefully depending on the character class and the preferred style of playing. Players can choose a maximum of ten skills.

Players of all classes will receive a new skill choice at the levels: 2, 3, 5, 8, 12, 18, 25, 35, 50 and 65.

One additional weapon slot and Combat Art slot are granted at the levels: 3, 5, 10 and 20

Between level 1-4 One skill point is gained per level up.

Between level 5-11 Two skill points are gained per level up.

Between level 12-24 Three skill points are gained per level up.

Between level 25-49 Four skill points are gained per level up.

Between level 50-200 Five skill points are gained per level up.

A player can gain a total of 911 skill points to spend on skills. ((3 * 1) + (7 * 2) + (13 * 3) + (25 * 4) + (151 * 5) = 911)

1 skill point is granted with each skill choice. Thus the total possible number of skill points is 911 + 10 = 921

Similarly, a player can gain a total of 401 attribute points to spend on attributes. ((48 * 1) + (100 * 2) + (51 * 3) = 401).

Character Level 1 2 3 5 8 10 12 18 20 25 35 50 65 150 200

New Skill choice given at level:

# of Skill points gained on level up: 1 2 3 4 5

# of Attribute points gained on level up: 1 2 3

New Weapon/Combat Art Slot at level:

Okay Alot of people are starting to want to do quest naturally she is built to level fast and help your other characters but If you would like to play her and kill monsters heres what you need to do. I recomend to sets of gear(One for killing bosses and the other for when your running around collecting experience) but you can find the yin/yang to the build you like. To help her Damage Wear/Socket + damage:Physical xx% rings. Since it is a percent it will boost the Lancews damage. Also the more int you have the more the lances Damage will increase as well. Another way to boost its damage is + Fire damage rings If you have chosen the Singe Gold mod. To see where you damage is cast Acute mind on your character then check the combat arts damage that will let you know what your damage is. Also + spell intensity is a way to boost its damage since it lowers the mobs resistance. That and the fact that at low level your acute mind will not stay up for very long.

Edited by karruptedkat