Voodoo Dryad (black magic woman)

Didnt forget you Mgm. Cant list what skills to dump points into 1st because it depends on which runes you find 1st on how you mod them.

the 3 most important to have/mod 1st are Ancient Bark,Golden Glade Touch, then Viperish disease.

then acute mind and the the rest of the aspects in nature asap. when you decide to start killing monsters mod black curse. So Advice wise I would dump points into CVF to get enought points to mod VD and get one mod on Black curse which is this most important.

Bronze Porous - Reduces the opponent's resistance to physical damage. (100 + 1 per Combat Art level decreased armor (?))

That will help E.L's damage insanely. Dont go insane w/ + skills gear but + skills will also add to its damage as well as lowerings its regeneration time.

Only do this after AB GGT and VD are fully modded though. With this build you can get fast points so just play it by ear.

Also Mainerunr I do this build as a Hardcore build(Finally figgured out what that was /sigh) If you have GGT up and AB. even at low level you shouldnt come close to dying If you are close then add more points into Nature lore to boost Ab's Hp regen and GGT's.

What level Are you now? As soon as I get my Ps3 back ill post some vids of how to kill bosses at mid levels. This is how every boss fight should go. 1 get w/ in range of seeing the bosses name then cast Acute mind run up to the boss cast black curse tangled vines then Edelphic lances. Now you animus will auto attack and his damage will be higher since his damage is all physical. Now your running your boss is tangled and your waiting on the combo to regen. Use a concentration potion and then cast Viperish disease on the boss. Since Tangled vines has a natural Higher regen time then lances have another button w/ only lances on it out of combo. It should be ready for use again about now. spam it one more time. then wait for all 3 in the combo to regen. Around this time the boss is in hot pursuit. Get far enough away from him to cast the combo again. then start the chain all over again. Now you have killed a boss and spent less time doing it. While doing this make sure to keep an eye on actue mind cause you need it reapplied asap.

Just some quick tips on the Animus as well. The shrunken head determines the quality of the summons. To get a higher quality you must fight bosses to get them.Example your in carnachs caves fighting the small dragons you will get a dragon shrunken head. this will be a normal quality head. To get a 2 star quality head you must fight an actual dragon. Like the one in grunwald.The best 2 heads I have found 2 star quality were from the mission bosses. The scorpion Garganthropod (On the Wiki) (On the Map) And Gar'Colossus (On the Wiki) (On the Map)

heres the link to Schots Boss map has helped me tremendously. http://www.maplib.net/fullmap.php?id=4222&...8671875&z=8 The red names are Bosses. Here is the link to his post about the map. http://www.darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=8956 HAPPY Hunting.

Edited by karruptedkat
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, well, I was doing ok, hadnt died until I hit swamps, 9 people in my living room walking in front of me...anyway, I died, then that damn mist got me 3x before I figured it out. I should have modded GGT but havent yet, fully modded are AB, VD, EL and tangled vines. I'm level 47 or 48 now.

I understand the goal was a support char but, I dont have any way to get past silver except to play it so I have been...

I do think I am going back to my queen of blades seraphim in attempt to harvest more runes....I've already traded all of the Inquisitor and TG runes that I had for dryad runes...

Didnt forget you Mgm. Cant list what skills to dump points into 1st because it depends on which runes you find 1st on how you mod them.

the 3 most important to have/mod 1st are Ancient Bark,Golden Glade Touch, then Viperish disease.

then acute mind and the the rest of the aspects in nature asap. when you decide to start killing monsters mod black curse. So Advice wise I would dump points into CVF to get enought points to mod VD and get one mod on Black curse which is this most important.

Bronze Porous - Reduces the opponent's resistance to physical damage. (100 + 1 per Combat Art level decreased armor (?))

That will help E.L's damage insanely. Dont go insane w/ + skills gear but + skills will also add to its damage as well as lowerings its regeneration time.

Only do this after AB GGT and VD are fully modded though. With this build you can get fast points so just play it by ear.

Also Mainerunr I do this build as a Hardcore build(Finally figgured out what that was /sigh) If you have GGT up and AB. even at low level you shouldnt come close to dying If you are close then add more points into Nature lore to boost Ab's Hp regen and GGT's.

What level Are you now? As soon as I get my Ps3 back ill post some vids of how to kill bosses at mid levels. This is how every boss fight should go. 1 get w/ in range of seeing the bosses name then cast Acute mind run up to the boss cast black curse tangled vines then Edelphic lances. Now you animus will auto attack and his damage will be higher since his damage is all physical. Now your running your boss is tangled and your waiting on the combo to regen. Use a concentration potion and then cast Viperish disease on the boss. Since Tangled vines has a natural Higher regen time then lances have another button w/ only lances on it out of combo. It should be ready for use again about now. spam it one more time. then wait for all 3 in the combo to regen. Around this time the boss is in hot pursuit. Get far enough away from him to cast the combo again. then start the chain all over again. Now you have killed a boss and spent less time doing it. While doing this make sure to keep an eye on actue mind cause you need it reapplied asap.

Just some quick tips on the Animus as well. The shrunken head determines the quality of the summons. To get a higher quality you must fight bosses to get them.Example your in carnachs caves fighting the small dragons you will get a dragon shrunken head. this will be a normal quality head. To get a 2 star quality head you must fight an actual dragon. Like the one in grunwald.The best 2 heads I have found 2 star quality were from the mission bosses. The scorpion Garganthropod (On the Wiki) (On the Map) And Gar'Colossus (On the Wiki) (On the Map)

heres the link to Schots Boss map has helped me tremendously. http://www.maplib.net/fullmap.php?id=4222&...8671875&z=8 The red names are Bosses. Here is the link to his post about the map. http://www.darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=8956 HAPPY Hunting.

No worries this works very well for me! I always have each rune available when I'm gonna start a new character...it pays to be prepared.. so it's really just a combination of 9 points whether in focus or lore that gives a mod point good to know! It was starting to frustrate me. one more thing ...not to sound ´like a broken record if someeone has asked this but I'm loving the bargaining skill... great choices available ..but what gives with the difference in price from what is in my details box of the item and what the merchant is asking for. can we get the cheaper price or is that something that was left oput ..(like the blacksmithing) :)

No worries this works very well for me! I always have each rune available when I'm gonna start a new character...it pays to be prepared.. so it's really just a combination of 9 points whether in focus or lore that gives a mod point good to know! It was starting to frustrate me. one more thing ...not to sound ´like a broken record if someeone has asked this but I'm loving the bargaining skill... great choices available ..but what gives with the difference in price from what is in my details box of the item and what the merchant is asking for. can we get the cheaper price or is that something that was left oput ..(like the blacksmithing) :)

hahaha never mind I just answered my own question....so far as I can say this drayd build has been a blast to play stompin around the swamp got such a crazy infection going I parked my drayd in a corner went to the store for the kids came back and I was still getting experience

Holy crap!

This build is going very well, but now I've hit a wall that isn't my fault. I decided to go to the grunwald region, and in trying to replicate the success of the kobolds, I always get turned around somewhere and the game freezes up. I'm at the resurrection point south of the village itself (not the one with the res point and the teleport). Is there any way to get around this? I miss the pages of green experience pouring in! =)

No worries this works very well for me! I always have each rune available when I'm gonna start a new character...it pays to be prepared.. so it's really just a combination of 9 points whether in focus or lore that gives a mod point good to know! It was starting to frustrate me. one more thing ...not to sound ´like a broken record if someeone has asked this but I'm loving the bargaining skill... great choices available ..but what gives with the difference in price from what is in my details box of the item and what the merchant is asking for. can we get the cheaper price or is that something that was left oput ..(like the blacksmithing) :agreed:

hahaha never mind I just answered my own question....so far as I can say this drayd build has been a blast to play stompin around the swamp got such a crazy infection going I parked my drayd in a corner went to the store for the kids came back and I was still getting experience

See and it seems like I had trouble getting disease to spread in the swamps, rats and animals I can infect but the undead or whatever they are I cant....wasnt in the desert for long anyway...not having much luck in the desert either....

Can save you a little time the undead will not spread the disease. they absorb it 100%. Also to spread the disease in the swamp you will need 3 heads depending on where you are. For the rats(Shrunken animal head), Ohlms,elements, and warewolfs(monster head), and last but not least the best head (Insect) For the spiders.

In the Desert the best one to have is Insect Since most of the grouped mobs are insects in the region.

Can save you a little time the undead will not spread the disease. they absorb it 100%. Also to spread the disease in the swamp you will need 3 heads depending on where you are. For the rats(Shrunken animal head), Ohlms,elements, and warewolfs(monster head), and last but not least the best head (Insect) For the spiders.

In the Desert the best one to have is Insect Since most of the grouped mobs are insects in the region.

I'll be honest, I haven't had much luck with experience past the kobolds. It seems that the Grunwald region freezes on me, and when I go to Kuftal, I can get the disease to spread like wildfire, but the experience never rolls in... I have 10 runes memorized for VD, and I'm beginning to pour points into the Cabalistic Voodoo lore (or focus, whichever one I picked up at 35). I absolutely LOVE this build, as it's fun to pan out and see everything glowing green, but when I can't get the experience rolling like with the Kobolds, it gets a little frustrating. BOO! Any suggestions would be welcomed with open arms, and public flogging will commence again once I find out it's probably something stupid like the Combat Discipline I was missing for the boss combination! =)

I'll be honest, I haven't had much luck with experience past the kobolds. It seems that the Grunwald region freezes on me, and when I go to Kuftal, I can get the disease to spread like wildfire, but the experience never rolls in... I have 10 runes memorized for VD, and I'm beginning to pour points into the Cabalistic Voodoo lore (or focus, whichever one I picked up at 35). I absolutely LOVE this build, as it's fun to pan out and see everything glowing green, but when I can't get the experience rolling like with the Kobolds, it gets a little frustrating. BOO! Any suggestions would be welcomed with open arms, and public flogging will commence again once I find out it's probably something stupid like the Combat Discipline I was missing for the boss combination! =)

You could try getting to silver difficulty.

P.S I mean Gold

Edited by sam6555

P.S I mean Gold

Kind of hard to do when your lances and vines aren't modded to max, and that's why I've been trying to level by the castle. I'm saying that VD isn't killing off the mobs like it did the kobolds for the mass experience, and I have the gear to up the level and potency of it too. I'm 36 right now, and VD takes off about 11% of the mob's HP per second as I'm reading it.

P.S I mean Gold

Kind of hard to do when your lances and vines aren't modded to max, and that's why I've been trying to level by the castle. I'm saying that VD isn't killing off the mobs like it did the kobolds for the mass experience, and I have the gear to up the level and potency of it too. I'm 36 right now, and VD takes off about 11% of the mob's HP per second as I'm reading it.

Go to the desert, I was there by like level 15, carried on in the desert till about level 40. then went to gold desert till about 65.

P.S I mean Gold

Go to the desert, I was there by like level 15, carried on in the desert till about level 40. then went to gold desert till about 65.

Holy cow, who's hardcore now?! LOL Gotcha, sir. Thank you very much for the suggestion. =) I appreciate the help you've been giving!

P.S I mean Gold

Holy cow, who's hardcore now?! LOL Gotcha, sir. Thank you very much for the suggestion. =) I appreciate the help you've been giving!

Also pump Ancient bark and golden glade as much as possible. :D

Also pump Ancient bark and golden glade as much as possible. :P

The desert, even starting at level 39 on silver, has worked like a charm! =) Got an insect head right off the bat, went to the central desert town, and ran a border circle, heading straight south and circling the border of the western part. Ended up leveling three times so far and it was quick! Now I'm focusing on getting the Nature Lore up to mod lances and vines to max, then work on Goldenglade. Once THAT'S done, I need better armor, I get mauled by even those stupid scorpions (at least 200+ / hit).

Wonderful suggestions! Now I can see this going places and it's even more fun than before. =)

ok, so looking at the mod point chart on wiki, I should have gotten another mod pont at 31 in nature weaver lore...but I didnt. So I'm at 32 in lore and 50 in focus right now, I have lances, vines and bark fully modded but no mods on the other two (which, from what I understand, I should have modded before lances and vines).

I've been trading every inquisitor and temple guardian rune I get for lances and MA runes but I dont get many runes because I'm always running away from everything...

The desert was good to me once I got an insect head but I really only got one good run in as I'm trying to finish the campaign and get to gold...so I zipped through the desert pretty quickly.

ok, so looking at the mod point chart on wiki, I should have gotten another mod pont at 31 in nature weaver lore...but I didnt. So I'm at 32 in lore and 50 in focus right now, I have lances, vines and bark fully modded but no mods on the other two (which, from what I understand, I should have modded before lances and vines).

I've been trading every inquisitor and temple guardian rune I get for lances and MA runes but I dont get many runes because I'm always running away from everything...

The desert was good to me once I got an insect head but I really only got one good run in as I'm trying to finish the campaign and get to gold...so I zipped through the desert pretty quickly.

That's actually something I'd be interested in seeing myself. I can't make too much money / runes / loot running away from everything either. Thanks for bringing that up, Maine! Now I don't feel so bad!

Also pump Ancient bark and golden glade as much as possible. :P

The desert, even starting at level 39 on silver, has worked like a charm! =) Got an insect head right off the bat, went to the central desert town, and ran a border circle, heading straight south and circling the border of the western part. Ended up leveling three times so far and it was quick! Now I'm focusing on getting the Nature Lore up to mod lances and vines to max, then work on Goldenglade. Once THAT'S done, I need better armor, I get mauled by even those stupid scorpions (at least 200+ / hit).

Wonderful suggestions! Now I can see this going places and it's even more fun than before. =)

Great =D Also don't worry too much about how hard the scorpions hit, they hit alot harder than almost anything else in the game from what I have gone against. I just tend to ignore them and run away. And from what I understand about getting armor, pump your animus high and go fight bosses. Acute mind/Black Curse should help the bosses go down.

It's actually not 32 points you have for mod points. You add the two together and get (32+50=82) This is the same with every aspect. I.e 50 Tactics and 100 Capricious Hunter Focus would mean you have 150 points total towards that aspect.

got it, I guess I read that wrong. makes sense though. oh well, still dumping all my spare points into lore for now, my son keeps giving me grief because I've got a couple skills still under 5... guess I'll get a point next level then...

got it, I guess I read that wrong. makes sense though. oh well, still dumping all my spare points into lore for now, my son keeps giving me grief because I've got a couple skills still under 5... guess I'll get a point next level then...

Someone said they were broke and running out of ruins. As My main man Zeus said make sure you double back. Or run a very tight circle because like the pants of some your leaving it on the ground. Make sure you double tap. Maine I use to always have that problem w/ the trade until I killed my alter ego character. "Please verify online id log both in 100% in someone elses game then make my own then log off do the same on both accounts and still not be able to trade. That sucks only resolve I have found for it is give it time in like 2 hours>.> you can trade each other again.

I am trying this build some confusion though... some combat arts you state how many runes to invest in like VD you state a max of 20 runes is really needed but you do not state how many runes to put in you just say "max" what is the "max" I play ps3 version and alot of the stuff is not included in the ps3 version.

also skill points going into concentration you say "obvious" does that mean I should max it out? how do I distribute my skill points how much is too much as I know you have a limited number of skill points and what you can and cant master the only one you really say is keep bargaining at your level and invest 9 in voodoo lore to start. how many am I supposed to invest in nature focus/concentration/nature lore/voodoo lore and such.

also you say grind on kobolds till about level 20 then the next section you say grinding from 35+ what happened to 20-35? where is best to go for that?

I am trying this build some confusion though... some combat arts you state how many runes to invest in like VD you state a max of 20 runes is really needed but you do not state how many runes to put in you just say "max" what is the "max" I play ps3 version and alot of the stuff is not included in the ps3 version.

also skill points going into concentration you say "obvious" does that mean I should max it out? how do I distribute my skill points how much is too much as I know you have a limited number of skill points and what you can and cant master the only one you really say is keep bargaining at your level and invest 9 in voodoo lore to start. how many am I supposed to invest in nature focus/concentration/nature lore/voodoo lore and such.

also you say grind on kobolds till about level 20 then the next section you say grinding from 35+ what happened to 20-35? where is best to go for that?

Hey there! Maybe I can help...

I've been doing a lot of trial and error on VD level runs myself, and if you're feeling brave, it was suggested to be that you go straight to the desert about now, get an insect head, and run that. As long as you can survive the scorpions, you'll be rolling in the experience in no time! If that's proving too tough, try doing the area south of Kuff castle (abbreviated). You'll need a shrunken animal head to make it spread the best.

As far as skills, personally I'd max your nature lore / focus (whatever does the damage) and mod your vines / lances / goldenglade accordingly. I made the mistake of not doing this and I'm not fully modded on these at level 46. So do what you need to do in order to get those modded so you can do some boss battles for the campaign runs.

Runes are another story. I'd only eat as many runes as you can personally find tolerable for regen times. It's a little bit of trial and error. That's all you can really do. =) It sounds a little overwhelming if you don't know where to start, but once the levels get higher, you know where to focus. I hope this helps!

I'm not 100% sure if this will work on xbox(sorry), but I just done it for ps3 and omg its what ive been missing. So If you have read my post I always refer back to how fast and how awesome it used to be doing a voodoo dryad. Well heres to old school. Heres a trick that you can use on the dryad you are currently leveling.1st things 1st you will need a flash drive and about 5 minutes. What you do is go and copy your game utiity(Look for the one that has your highest level character listed in the information)to the flash drive/memory stick. Then disconnect/disable your internet conection.Now delete your game utility file off the ps3. Cut off and on your ps3 and restart Sacred if you have done this right it will reinstall your game data w/ todays date. STAY OFF LINE! Now go to the flash card/memory stick which is just above your game utilitis and copy back your info(highest character data) to the ps3. Start the game and walla you will have the older version of sacred w/ your new Dryad. Minus the last patch which Nerfed her effectivness. If you prefer to play online you can always Enable your online again and when you cut the game on it will automatically download the newest version of the game.

Welcome to the old school fellas/Ladies Enjoy.

KarruptedKat -

I've never been online with my PS3, but from your testing with deleting the game utility data, etc... I feel like I've been playing online! I've never had VD spread super-fast, and experience floods I *really* have to try hard (maybe it's just luck) to get one that lasts more than one second. Typically, it just rolls in, not trickling, but not flooding either. Wondering what the online VD experience is like: trickling, flowing or flooding?

I have always had a feeling that there are different "versions" of the game (for PS3), but I've tried most things that are possible without hacking and the results on my PS3 are always consistent, but slightly different than others' in a couple of ways. I've rented it, deleted, bought, defragged, rented a different copy, etc, etc...

Prime Example: + All Combat Arts. On my system, I have to socket ACA +10 to get all my Combat Art's to go up 1 (difference of a factor of 10). I've never heard of this from anyone else before.

Thoughts? (anyone, really :P

Edited by essjayehm

Wow ten for one thats horrible. The experience floods I always get those off line actually if im online and I get a flood(Not drizzle) it kicks me off the PSN. Ive rethunk this build a litlle bit. That and my ps3 crashed Im going to make one more voodoo Dryad pure caster almost identical build aside from taking armor lore instead of CVL. This will be on a ps3 slim when I get it. Ill make a new vid showing skills ttributes and gear so you can see my trigger of the flood. Cant promise it will be this week but maybe next. The thing that mostly triggers the flood for me is acute mind. When I cast that you can see mobs in front of me instatly get diseased.

Wow ten for one thats horrible. The experience floods I always get those off line actually if im online and I get a flood(Not drizzle) it kicks me off the PSN. Ive rethunk this build a litlle bit. That and my ps3 crashed Im going to make one more voodoo Dryad pure caster almost identical build aside from taking armor lore instead of CVL. This will be on a ps3 slim when I get it. Ill make a new vid showing skills ttributes and gear so you can see my trigger of the flood. Cant promise it will be this week but maybe next. The thing that mostly triggers the flood for me is acute mind. When I cast that you can see mobs in front of me instatly get diseased.

who-wha! I never tried the AM trick.:D.. yowza that sounds like fun. The best floods I got in Niob were when I started with Spell Intensity weapon setup, ran around and around, then switch to a deatblow weapon setup... Flood every time, but varying sizes. Usually pretty small, about one second of streaming green numbers. Longer runs didn't produce better floods, it's quite random in my offline world. The best flood I ever got was in Gold, I jumped 2 levels (mid-40's) I didn't time it or anything, but it was at least 5 seconds, could've been more, easily. No matter what I've done since, I haven't been able to come close to it. Something to try whenI pick up my Dryad again.

Someone said they were broke and running out of ruins. As My main man Zeus said make sure you double back.

Thanks for remembering me:) Lol.

Also about runes people forget. If you have alot of money you should trade it straight up 1 for 1 $125k but I would not do anything less than 2 for 1 $25k.

Also for those say the scorp's hit hard. Yes, the red ones do and that is because when you have AB running your fire resistance is lowered and thats what the red scorps hit you with Fire.

I still say the Desert by far is the best for experience., if I were start a new VD Dryad once voodoo is modded I would run kolbolds until I have AB fully modded. Then make a free world game (bronze) enter the desert through the wp's under the ground there and get my insect head. Then head north until I find the Portal that is North and a little west of Khorum (sp?). Now it is on start my desert runs. I do not mess with the red scorps until I have golden glade touch up and running. Another big thing is eat as many AB runes as possible the sky is the limit. Dont forget to mod MA because when you stop to gather your experience. throw out your pet and let him do the killing for you.

I havent been on PS3 until last night, been play the xbox version of this game since I picked one up cheap. But I am back on PS3 send me a message if anyone has any questions.

Edited by Zeus331