The Newbie Players Lament

Oh woe... woe unto me! I committed the cardinal sin of RPG character speccs - I added Stormite Focus onto my Pyromancress' build. Dust will be my food, sorrow will be my blanket. Is there any salvation for this poor, downtrodden soul? Am I forever doomed now to roam the reaches of Ancaria; a pathetic and only half-powered vixen of flame?

Hehe, ok, ok, I'm really not that emo; but I could kick myself for committing the blunderest of all blunders. I mean, what silly faced silly clown wouldn't know that you don't add ICE to a FIRE build? huh? I think I was just crazy with all those combat art slots... I thought...I thought... "surely! surely I can have it all! I can freeze my targets only to melt their faces into faceless goo piles! muahahahahahaha haha haha ahah ha ha!"

Oh, but pride does come before the fall, my friends. Oh yes, pride DOES come before the fall. So for all of you out there - who reached the lowest bracket of level 21 only to discover your hard hours of vegging on the couch, slackjawed and half-way stuffing pizza in your faces was for naught - I bid you a hardy, "I feel your pain."

Haha, love it. Words to the wise folks. Tossing a bucket of water on the baddies you just set ablaze is not good game strategy. :) Ah to have it all eh Saeya. I'm sure you must be able to do something with that combo though. I've not heard much about people playing Ice/Fire High Elf's. You could be the first! You'll be a stah! ^^

Haha, love it. Words to the wise folks. Tossing a bucket of water on the baddies you just set ablaze is not good game strategy. :) Ah to have it all eh Saeya. I'm sure you must be able to do something with that combo though. I've not heard much about people playing Ice/Fire High Elf's. You could be the first! You'll be a stah! ^^

*sniff, sniff, snuuuuuck* A hankie would be useful too, if you have one...

Well, that's hopeful, yes, perhaps I could be a stah. I can see it now.... my name in lights, hordes of posts all praising my name - The Ice mage that melts faces? I can't believe it's her! Can I get your autograph?

I should start practicing my speeches now!

You hear that build posting fascists? I'm gonna be a stah! I'm gonna have it all!

-"Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!

I'm gonna do it!

Give me any chance, I'll take it.

Give me any rule, I'll break it.

I'm gonna make my dreams come true.

Doin' it my way. "

Edited by Saeyia

lol Laverne & Shirley. Oh yer gonna do just fine here Saeyia. Complimentary straight jacket?

Go get'em Saeyia. Show the build elite where the real powah is. hahaha. Shame yer not on pc so we could all watch you rise to stahdom.

P.s.

So what skills did you pick after all? Maybe there's something there. Or maybe you'll just go out in a big puff of bad weather. ^^

OMG a Laverne and Shirley reference :)

Sadly I have no advice on HE's as I rarely play them.

That's ok, Knuckles, but I do sincerely appreciate you sharing in my lament.

(May I have a cookie, please, sir?)

oh! ack! you stuffy pc players, with your keyboards and hotkeys of malice! Yes, my aggression is born of jealousy - jealousy for your swishing mice and large monitors of awesomeness.

Speaking of monitors - my combat art slots are as follows (as far as I can remember)

Pyromancer Focus

Pyromancer Lore

Delphonic Arrant Mystic something something Focus

Ancient Magic

Concentration

Stormite Focus

and I think that's it....

maybe Magic Staffs

Edited by Saeyia

Hopefully someone can help you out with your High Elf, I'm sure we got an expert or 2 lurking around here somewhere

Now about that cookie................................

catcookie.jpg

I don't have much to add here but I know that on consoles Magic Staves(Staffs Ascaron?...)is a major no-no according to people who actually play HEs on console. Apparently it only boosts the melee aspects of swinging the staff itself ie damage and speed and therefore, "Why exactly are you swinging your staff in the first place?" is basically the gist behind it as far as I know.

P.S. I write long sentences, they like me and I like them so there...

Edited by Numerii
OMG a Laverne and Shirley reference :)

Sadly I have no advice on HE's as I rarely play them.

That's ok, Knuckles, but I do sincerely appreciate you sharing in my lament.

(May I have a cookie, please, sir?)

oh! ack! you stuffy pc players, with your keyboards and hotkeys of malice! Yes, my aggression is born of jealousy - jealousy for your swishing mice and large monitors of awesomeness.

Speaking of monitors - my combat art slots are as follows (as far as I can remember)

Pyromancer Focus

Pyromancer Lore

Delphonic Arrant Mystic something something Focus

Ancient Magic

Concentration

Stormite Focus

and I think that's it....

maybe Magic Staffs

Well, I dare enter the fracas of your misfortune.

All is not lost my friend, As the HE is the best master of all trades, joker of none! Hows that for a title. Schot withholds wisdom on you as he is enjoying the prospect of upcoming entertainment. Don't let him fool you, He plays nothing but HE's up until recently. I however have played a tiny, little itty bit of everything out there over and over and over. as mine always suffer my impatience and a little bit of " I can kill that boss with my hands tied behind my back" misguided God complex. Also a huge source of entertainment to my guide and mentor Master Schot.

If only we had the Master of HE's Chattius on tonight. He would salvage your build in a heart beat and leave you in awe of his awesomeness. Master Chattius would probably suggest that taking Ice Focus was not a mistake but suggest to you that you take all three focuses, all three lores and no weapon skill. yes the HE is truly a master of all.

Check out the genius that is Chattius' 11 year old daughter, who he made the Shield Maiden for. So that she can play any of the three aspects on any given day no matter what her heart desires. This Man will do anything for his young ladies as long as they learn something in the process. For another example of this check out his 14 year olds original creation - the mage who couldn't concentrate. this young lady will be the prime minister of germany when she grows up. Although she seems way to smart to get into politics. But I Digress. that is a build for another day. without further delay I bring you your salvation:

The Shield Maiden - A Valkyrie from the land of Fire and Ice

P.S. Man I can never make it past a post with out have to add an edit. :)

Since you have already taken Fire Lore, and that seems to be the direction of your build anyway. leave out the Ice Lore in it's stead and all is well with the world.

Edited by locolagarto

Indeed, and in your wake you spread a path of daisies and light - (not unlike a certain perro blanco y bicho loco) so without further ado, let the brown-nosing of epic preportions; the likes of which you had only hoped to receive one day, commence.....

Of all the fracas entering fracasers of fracasee, you are the fracenziest. All hail the fracas ending fracastian fracasoobah of all Grand Fracoobahs!

Yes indeed, You are not lost in the storm of your making. I ran the Shield Maiden initially on the Xbox. Most awesomest fun was had too. Good thing that Little HE wears spandex cus I ate an incredible amount of Grand Invigoration. And I liked throwing a combo of Frost Flare modded for : Spell Flow, Frost, Icy Circle and Cobalt Strike modded for: Chain Reaction, Chain reaction, Explosion. Doing this helped keep the nasties off me and iff they got too close a magic coup or Glacial Shards would rip them to shreds.

ps. I've always had an issue with Webster, I like your dictionary better. I vote that the Unflippable Down Side Up Dictionary be the official dictionary of use.

Edited by Furian67

Indeed, and in your wake you spread a path of daisies and light - (not unlike a certain perro blanco y bicho loco) so without further ado, let the brown-nosing of epic preportions; the likes of which you had only hoped to receive one day, commence.....

Of all the fracas entering fracasers of fracasee, you are the fracenziest. All hail the fracas ending fracastian fracasoobah of all Grand Fracoobahs!

:D I bow to you as you have beaten me with your way with words. I am awe struck and completely at a lose of anything intelligent or silly to say here. Thank you for bestowing me the title of Grand Fracoobahs.

And you have even stumped Mrs. Loco with the "white dog with crazy bugs" reference, for which I had to ask for her assistance with bicho - fly,bug, or insect.