Wait... we can't have unique armor and blowpipes drop when playing on console?! WHAT?! Since when? I swear I have a unique set of armor on my HE. Is this bug restricted to just Dryad drops? Somebody please tell me I'm reading this wrong... otherwise this is totally messed up! :P

you can't get UNIQUE armor on console but you can get SET ARMOR. Its confusing on the console because both have 3-stars. However, the set items will say what SET the belong to where the uniques simply have a name.

Never found a pipe with death blow and sockets in shops myself, only one I found was from the 4th guardian that had 34% death blow + 11% experience and 1 silver socket.

Is there such a thing as "best magical damage" in this game based on the LEAST common magical defense found on monsters in the game? I don't pay enough attention to what I am killing so I don't know this but it sure seems that FIRE is not all too common in monster defense.

Basically I am asking what damage do you turn your BEST BLOWGUN into with the silver socket? I think mine is magical right now but in hind sight I sort of wish I had gone FIRE because if looks about a million times cooler :twitch:

Well if you have to pick just one. ( I run with at least 3-4 weapons, one of each damage type.) I would say fire against mobs, but bosses..... you gotta switch it up. some like the Kobald Chief are high defense to fire. and the Carnach also. so I use ICE with them etc..

Yeah, I might try to go with 3: Fire, Poison and Magic. The wife has ICE and PHYS covered with the BFG so I simply need to fill in. Problem is that I can end up sucking up a LOT of weapon spots since I always need one to hold my sword+shield combo for turning on BUFFS and at least one more to hold the ninja star for bosses (life leech). I will make the ninja star FIRE probably since the 4th machine is only low to fire. Not sure I want to carry more then 1 ninja star although I guess I could.

Here are the spots I HAVE to use:

1 - DA

2 - RI

3 - GTT

4 - Vines

5 - DD & GTT

6 - SP

7 - OAK

as of now I have these 2 as well

8 - FF (use it when I get stuck at times)

9 - acute mind (occasionally turn this on before boss fights but not often)

so I guess that does leave a possible 5 to get to 12 if I throw the bottom 2 overboard.

I've got one blowpipe that I've been using since like level 14. It's got a gray, and 2 silver sockets. the base damage is 50-60. It came with +3 to Combat Art and has something else on it. I can't remeber exactly what and since I'm posting from work I can't look at it right now. It started out with poison damage and I added fire to it and 2BS enchancement skills to give me crits and -regen times. I wish that status effects were more common in this game.

In baldurs gate 2: dark alliance, I had all kinds of cool weapons. Since I was dual wielding, I had 1 sword that did fire and poison damage and another that did ice (slow) and electrical (stun) damage. I had a bow that fired flaming (burn) holy (chance to banish undead) arrows and a polearm that had a bleeding DOT on it. I also had some gloves that leeched life and mana. These effects worked 100% of the time and stacked if you kept hitting. With Sacred 2, these status effects don't happen to often. I guess I need to really stack the damage types on my wepons for that to happen. When I shoot people with the blowpipe, they nbever get both statuses. It's usually one or the other. What exactly does magic damage look like anyway? I see the blue electric looking stuff on my weapon, but it doesn't seem to affect the enemy at all. I'm guessing it's just a type damage change and not so much as a status effect.