Rune Drop Rates

Hi,

Just picked up sacred 2 and I've got a quick question.

I apologise in advance if there is a post for this elsewhere but I couldn't seem to find it.

Is the following true for sacred 2 as it was for sacred ie. The more runes you read, the less that will drop as the game progresses?

I couldn't find a definite answer elsewhere, so if anyone can confirm/deny this it would be much appreciated (or point me towards the relevant thread).

Thanks.

Hey there! Welcome to the Forum!

As for the question, I don't believe this holds true for Sacred 2 as it did Sacred 1. And I can always see the Rune Master to swap out my unused runes for the ones I need. (at a price of course).

In Sacred 1 was that the more runes you read the less rune did drop as you already said, Sacred 2 don't go the same way regarding rune drops.

Welcome :D

Just be sure not to eat to many runes though as that will render your Combat Art's useless, find a good combination between damage and regens.

You will get plenty of runes at start of game, regardless of how many you need... I started a new Shadow Warrior yesterday and have about 5 rows full of runes. If anything, you get too many as it never slows down. It used to be good to get heaps but after the expansion they have added a cap to how many you can read (200) so eventually you have more than you can use. This won't be a problem for you for at least 100 levels so don't worry :D

Think I'm confused here

The Ice and Blood patch resolved the issue with Combat Art level resetting when reading 200th rune right?

The only Combat Art cap is the seraphim's BFG at level 200. Or am I way off in my thinking here?

Think I'm confused here

The Ice and Blood patch resolved the issue with Combat Art level resetting when reading 200th rune right?

The only Combat Art cap is the seraphim's BFG at level 200. Or am I way off in my thinking here?

Morning Robb,

2.65.1 fixed the bug that reset your runes to 1 after 199. so now if you read more than 200 they simple do nothing(wasted). and all Combat Art's are capped at 200 runes read. As far as I have tested. such as with my level 200 test chars is Single player. But you can use +Combart arts from gear and bonus to exceed 200 on the Combat Art level

Capped at level 200 thru runes read? or capped at 200 runes read?

Just want to make sure on the distinction as I could read 1000 runes to get to level 200 thru runes only (just an example)

Capped at level 200 thru runes read? or capped at 200 runes read?

Just want to make sure on the distinction as I could read 1000 runes to get to level 200 thru runes only (just an example)

Capped at 200 runes read. No cap on Combat Art level

I should get latest patch, I made mistake a few months ago of reading 1 too many runes and my Combat Art went from 199 to 0, which kind of hurt but at least gave me something to spend all my spare runes on. So glad I didn't do it to a Combat Art I use all the time, or relied on.

As I restarted recently, the 200 cap is so far away I don't need to worry about it.