Buildings getting in my way

Hi, got to level 17 and last night went to the human zone and headed straight for the main town/city. I am having a really hard time seeing what I am doing. It seems no matter what the camera zoom is at when ever I turn I just get a view of the back of buildings. Also when I am in buildings it hardly ever goes to room view so I spend ages walking into walls trying to find my way out with just guess work.

Any way round this?

You have to make the optionscustom.txt file. Simply open something like notepad and copy/paste the camera options you want (from the thread Anti linked) and save as optionscustom.txt

Make sure it is in the same folder as options.txt

Or you could make a copy of the options.txt and name it options.bak or something and then edit the original file.

BTW welcome to the forum :P

Thanks for welcome and info Knuckles :)

Got mod working, I am far from that city now so couldnt get chance to see if it was any better there.

Dont undunstand how such bad programming got past beta testers. On other games I played when a building is behind a character the camera is pushed forward to a sort of first person view so the building doesnt obstruct the view.

It didn't get past beta testers... it got past the bug fixers... :)

As a former beta tester and moderator, I have to say you summed it up perfectly :) There were soooo many things I reported that never got fixed :P