Boss Farming Item Mods

Now that I have a shopper up and running I wanted to take a couple set pieces that the wife and I have found 2 of and socket them with specific stuff for Boss farming. So naturally I wanted to bounce my ideas around here in case I am forgetting any big item. Keep in mind that we use a Range Dryad Hunter and BFG Seph when playing.

Dryad

1) Deathblow of 40%+ (I pretty much always wear this anyways but feel compelled to list it since its a MUST for bosses IMO)

2) %LL (debate is still out on this for console but I hope to put this to rest today at lunch)

3) -defense% of enemy (I could be wrong but I think this one is HUGE for HITTING those high level bosses when doing boss runs. all the damage in the world doesn't matter if you can't hit. plus I think it UPS the damage amount as well)

4) +attack% (for similar reasons as above the bosses have HUGE defense numbers so we can either scale them down or our attack up or both)

Seph

1) Deathblow (same as above, I pretty much always have this on as I have found a number of nice rings that have both deathblow and PHYS damage on them)

2) -defense%

3) +attack%

So basically they are the same with the only difference coming in #2 since I don't believe a BFG Seph can use a LL% item and her gun at the same time.

-%Opponents chance to evade is the one you want to have when fighting bosses, or "+%Chance that opponents cannot evade attacks" as that makes them so much easier to hit.

Chance to disregard armor could come in handy also.

-%Opponents chance to evade is the one you want to have when fighting bosses, or "+%Chance that opponents cannot evade attacks" as that makes them so much easier to hit.

Chance to disregard armor could come in handy also.

Hmmmm, ok, thanks. Can you explain this further? It was my understanding that the TO HIT calculation started with attack vs defense and then if it passes that there is a chance to evade right? So first we have to get over the hurdle % chance to hit and then worry about the evading part or do I have this all wrong.

regardless I think your evade % is probably really needed for bosses as they are likely to have some high % chance to evade. I will look for that on nice DEATHBLOW and %-def or %+attack rings. Thanks

Well, I have no idea how to explain it as I have always used it against normal foes and bosses and my hit chance has always been way over 100% against normal ones and close to 100 against bosses.

What do you guys think is the best shield to use vs bosses in combo with my ninja star? I think its ETERNAL BLOCK myself but am interested in your thoughts. I socketed the ninja star and the shield with all DEATHBLOW items that have a second mod. Figure might as well push that number up as high as possible vs bosses.