Help with Vbulletin please!

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

Hey guys!

Seems we need more space and capacity, though big thanks to innvision for a great site with great speed.

+++

We're thinking of buying a new domain name, provider and ...

Dom Dom Dom Dom...

The rolls royce of forum software...VBulletin!

Our biggest concern now is.

Can we export the threads from here to there?

Do they have software that allows for the importation of threads from other sites?

If you guys know about this or know peopls that can answer these questions we'd be indebted.

Thanks!

:)

gogo

Guest gogoblender

wow, thanks fer the great idea Zex!

lol, I think though I'd quickly use up so much room that I'd get the boot real fast!

Also...I'm likin the new digs!

Yee Haw!

:)

gogo

p.s. so if anyone has info on the vbulletin stuff...please help...Wer'e gonna download the free vbulletin software this weekend and I'm lookin fer a good hoster fer us now.

And...if you guys have any ideas on a good hoster yer happy with...I'm all ears.

ohh VB rocks!

in answer to your questions:

maybe, depending on the database you use? probably mysql in which case you MIGHT be able to import the threads.

You wont be able to import threads from other sites unless you own that database too.

VB is a very good piece of software. Very versatile and incredibly powerful for admins/mods and there are lots and lots of addons available to improve the look and feel of the forums.

try: www.vbulletin.org for lots of ideas.

Also catch me on MSN later and I'll sort out a show round of the VB stuff at clan-da so you can see a live version. The demo is ok but its pretty basic.

I would say the fee is well worth paying for such a decent bit of kit!

*Packs his things in preparation! :w00t: *

Are we there yet?! Hehe.

VB looks very exciting indeed. :drool:

I would love to have a peek inside. I'm already seeing the limitations of invisionfree with regard to design. :(

well I think we can arrange a sneak look around for you too Schot :P

get GoGo to shout me when he wakes up and I'll sort out access for you. If you've got Teamspeak as well we can talk through the options etc. bit easier than typing it all out!

some of my favorite options:

ability to automatically prune inactive members

totally customisable user groups allowing several teirs of access

my all time favorite mod "miserable users" ;)