Question on PC controls - How can I move sideways?

I have been playing on the xbox 360 version for awhile and just got the PC version due to numerous annoyances with parts of the xbox version (mostly the auto targeting). I havent been able to figure out a way to move sideways, it appears the only movement controls are forward and reverse, no sideways. On the xbox version the control stick moved you in whatever direction you pressed it and from other games I am used to being able to move in all directions, are you really limited to just forward and backwards movement in this game or am I missing something?

Click with the mouse where you want to go -- and you will move there. The directional keys turn your viewpoint but do not move you (although 'S' does jump you back a bit.)

With a free clicking environment, you can just click your destination and even aim your Combat Arts to an extent. I got annoyed with some nuisances of the 360 as well (auto-targeting for one. Try using AW with a BFG without homing fireballs...).

I have been playing on the xbox 360 version for awhile and just got the PC version due to numerous annoyances with parts of the xbox version (mostly the auto targeting). I havent been able to figure out a way to move sideways, it appears the only movement controls are forward and reverse, no sideways. On the xbox version the control stick moved you in whatever direction you pressed it and from other games I am used to being able to move in all directions, are you really limited to just forward and backwards movement in this game or am I missing something?

Yes I noticed this immediately and have compensated. it is a mouse and keyboard game. us that conditioned ourselves for dual thumb sticks have the hardest time. you will get used to the controls. I use WASD with mouse for fine movements.

Thanks for the input

After playing for several hours I am getting used to it, but I wish a and d moved the character instead of turning the camera.

Next I need to work on not clicking on corpses when I am trying to attack. Anyone have any info to help? When fighting groups on enemies with my friends we had corpses everywhere I would try to right click to cast blazing tempest and end up walking over to a corpse instead :) same thing with incendiary shower, many castings lost to walk over to a corpse instead.

Just picked up this topic, I see you've already met up with some of the community. Hope you're enjoying the game (I'm always so curious about peeps porting from console to PC, hope the experience is as good for you as the gang here), welcome to Darkmatters!

:)

gogo

• 1 month later...
Just picked up this topic, I see you've already met up with some of the community. Hope you're enjoying the game (I'm always so curious about peeps porting from console to PC, hope the experience is as good for you as the gang here), welcome to Darkmatters!

:D

gogo

another trying Sacred 2 on the PC the only problem I am suffering from is mouse lagg, graphics and special effects are massive tho.

pottsiee wishes all well