Difficulty and the end of the game

I enjoy playing sacred as much as the next guy and I think it's a great game, but I think it's time to finish it. I was planning to play the game and become all powerful like most of you, but I don't think I want to invest that kind of time into this game for nothing. Now I've seen some threads that talk about speeding through each difficulty and playing the game on the Niob difficulty like it was meant to be played. As much as I would like to do this, I don't have the same resources at my disposal as most of those lucky PC players. Those resources being that of a larger pool of players giving away stuff and black smithing.

With that being said, is there any difference in the ending of this game by what difficulty you play on? If not, then I'm just going to do all the quest and finish the light/shadow campaigns in silver and be done with it. If however the higher difficulty yields a different ending, then I might be inclined to grind and try to finish the game on Niob. Other than harder bosses, I don't see a need to make the every day enemies harder by getting to Niob. Sure they'll be tougher, but if I can have the ability to kill a boss pretty easy in Niob, then what is one kobold going to do to me?

I enjoy playing sacred as much as the next guy and I think it's a great game, but I think it's time to finish it. I was planning to play the game and become all powerful like most of you, but I don't think I want to invest that kind of time into this game for nothing. Now I've seen some threads that talk about speeding through each difficulty and playing the game on the Niob difficulty like it was meant to be played. As much as I would like to do this, I don't have the same resources at my disposal as most of those lucky PC players. Those resources being that of a larger pool of players giving away stuff and black smithing.

With that being said, is there any difference in the ending of this game by what difficulty you play on? If not, then I'm just going to do all the quest and finish the light/shadow campaigns in silver and be done with it. If however the higher difficulty yields a different ending, then I might be inclined to grind and try to finish the game on Niob. Other than harder bosses, I don't see a need to make the every day enemies harder by getting to Niob. Sure they'll be tougher, but if I can have the ability to kill a boss pretty easy in Niob, then what is one kobold going to do to me?

Awwww, Sig. I hear where you're coming from and understand what you're saying. You're right... it takes a lot of resources to be able to just jounce around in levels like a lot of us are doing. There are a good number of us in the servers that always have equipment and I think that's a big part of the driving force.

I'm feeling bad now that the console didn't pan out with as much breadth as the PC did, BUT...I'm still glad you made it to these boards. I have kept reading a lot of your posts with interest. You are into the great mechanics of this game and you write to get people into the game.

I'll then wish you most fun with the rest of your journey with this game... wish you had pc though... you could jump in and join us on the servers ^^

cheers

:)

gogo

Ill hook u up with some gear to get you into noib. GT crosis xbox 360 hit me up

Unless you've found some way to make this game work across platforms (I'm on the PS3) I don't thik that's possible. But thanks for the offer anyway. Like I said in my earlier post, unless your trying to become all powerful, all of this extra grinding and shopping isn't necessary to finish the game. When I started playing, I was trying to prepare for the harder difficulties. It seems like the most difficult thing about this game is the traveling.

I've notieced that most of the builds that are listed are built around god hood. I will admit that the starting roadmaps for skill pics and everything is all well and good. Then you get to the latter part of the guide/build and your told to get all of this stuff that you more than likely won't come across without being stationary. I'm pretty confident that the game gives you everything you need to finish it. The perfectionist however want to pound this game into submission. I do enjoy that, but I find that the constant grinding is making me somewhat bored of the game for little reward. I just wanted to sit down, kill stuff and save the day. Instead, I've put 20+ hours into to the different classes and haven't moved forward one bit. Now that I know the endings are the same regardless of the difficulty, there is no reason for me to get to Niob.

When I read post from the other players. It doesn't seem like the game is challenging to them anymore. There new goal is to see how fast they can kill stuff. I seriously doubt if anyone has done all the quest. That is my goal. I plan to finish all of the quest in the light campaign, all of the light and shadow class quest and just finish the game. I'm pretty sure that's possible without being godlike.

Unless you've found some way to make this game work across platforms (I'm on the PS3) I don't thik that's possible. But thanks for the offer anyway. Like I said in my earlier post, unless your trying to become all powerful, all of this extra grinding and shopping isn't necessary to finish the game. When I started playing, I was trying to prepare for the harder difficulties. It seems like the most difficult thing about this game is the traveling.

I've notieced that most of the builds that are listed are built around god hood. I will admit that the starting roadmaps for skill pics and everything is all well and good. Then you get to the latter part of the guide/build and your told to get all of this stuff that you more than likely won't come across without being stationary. I'm pretty confident that the game gives you everything you need to finish it. The perfectionist however want to pound this game into submission. I do enjoy that, but I find that the constant grinding is making me somewhat bored of the game for little reward. I just wanted to sit down, kill stuff and save the day. Instead, I've put 20+ hours into to the different classes and haven't moved forward one bit. Now that I know the endings are the same regardless of the difficulty, there is no reason for me to get to Niob.

When I read post from the other players. It doesn't seem like the game is challenging to them anymore. There new goal is to see how fast they can kill stuff. I seriously doubt if anyone has done all the quest. That is my goal. I plan to finish all of the quest in the light campaign, all of the light and shadow class quest and just finish the game. I'm pretty sure that's possible without being godlike.

By the time you're done all of the quests, you should be well on your way to level 50+, which would be enough to have a very good feel for what the whole game is like. I don't imagine you'd be missing a whole lot if that's what your after. As for myself, I love all the different stats and numbers and customizatons that this game throws at me, so I'll probably keep re-rolling characters until I spec the perfect build... and yes, I'll definitely be getting to Niob one of these days. It's kinda like getting to Hell difficulty on Diablo 2, you know? All about the items and epic boss battles. :-)

I also play on the PS3 so I understand a bit what you mean about not having a leg up like the PC users seem to........but........I have played quite a few different characters now in the game and I find what I am really enjoying now is making and experimenting w new charcters. Let me explain. Yes the game's actual story and ending are fairly blase and dont change w the new difficulty levels and a large portion of the quests are fetch me this and kill that guy quests. But what I am really enjoying is building new characters in new ways. For example, I currently have 5 Temple Guardians ranging from a level 133 who walks through Niob difficulty with ease, to a lowly lvl41 Temple Guardian who is struggling in silver lol. I have found that the more I play, the deeper that I find the character building to be.....that is where I am really starting to enjoy the game. I wont lie, im an old school grinder from Diablo 2 who has no problems farming bosses FOREVER for items and levels, and there is some of that required in the game but if you gave up before you had a least one or two different characters from different classes up to level 75-100 you are truly missing out on a large part of the game IMO. Once you are able to develop a character from level one and see how the skills YOU pick totally change the characteristics of your toons from level 1 to level 100+ its a lot o fun. For me anyway lol. Plus if you need some freebies on PS3 there are a few of us out there w deep pockets full of free stuff! :)

Psn ID Madmartigan3155