Cannot Activate Original Game of Sacred 2 Gold

I bought the Original game for Sacred 2 Gold yesterday. I tried installing it today.

Put in the first cd and it install...when asked , I put in the second cd and it install ...the problem is it's suppose to ask for my activation serial code , but it never does.

I have gone on all the sites telling me how to manually do it, but nowhere they actually tell you where to click or go to get that box to manually do it.

And my game just wont work.

I am frustrated already.

I have disabled my firewall and tried re-installing the game already ...still the same thing.

Can anyone please help me.

Hey there Hotshot28. Welcome to DarkMatters. :)

I can imagine your frustration. Sacred 2 can be a real pain sometimes. We'll do the best we can to help you out. Granted you may have to try several suggestions before you finally get it working which can also be frustrating. When it's too much. Take a little break and try again after a rest. Troubleshooting can be tough work. ^^

When you said that Sacred 2 won't work; Can you tell us exactly how it isn't working? Does it refuse to start up and if so is there an error message? Does it start up but while loading it freezes? Does it take you into the game menu but not let you play Multiplayer? There are many ways in which Sacred 2 won't work. Believe me... Many! So it helps to know exactly what is happening.

I've never had a Gold version of Sacred. Did you install all the way up to Ice & Blood?

Hi

No problem with the installing....it runs perfectly, but it never asks for my serial key that's on the back of game booklet.

And then when I click on the sacred Icon ...it tells me that the game didnt install correctly and I should try re-installing it. (obviously, cause it never asked for my serial key) ...so it never goes into the game at all. I dont know if it load both Fallen Angel and Ice & Blood...I did put both cd's in as the installation wizard asks for it...and I have both serial keys, both games.

The only specs I know of my pc is : I have a 250 gig Sata Seagate hard drive , Windows XP , 1.5 gig Ram , AMD Athlon 64 Processor & a Dvd writer, oh and I have no sound card , I have on-board sound.

I would really like to play this game ...but this is the first time I actually had a problem with an original bought-from-the-shop game.

If I cant get it to work with you guys help, then I am going to return it to the BT Games shop and ask if I can Exchange it for a different game.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey there Hotshot28. Welcome to DarkMatters. :)

I can imagine your frustration. Sacred 2 can be a real pain sometimes. We'll do the best we can to help you out. Granted you may have to try several suggestions before you finally get it working which can also be frustrating. When it's too much. Take a little break and try again after a rest. Troubleshooting can be tough work. ^^

When you said that Sacred 2 won't work; Can you tell us exactly how it isn't working? Does it refuse to start up and if so is there an error message? Does it start up but while loading it freezes? Does it take you into the game menu but not let you play Multiplayer? There are many ways in which Sacred 2 won't work. Believe me... Many! So it helps to know exactly what is happening.

I've never had a Gold version of Sacred. Did you install all the way up to Ice & Blood?

• 2 weeks later...

hey there yeah im also having the same problem.

bought the original game on the 22nd

My PC specs are as follows:

Duel core 2.4ghz

2 gig ram

512 mb vcard (ati x1550)

xp service pack 3

dx9c

250gig hdd

Sound card

Once I install the game it doesnt ask for activation key or anything, just run game or veiw read me, when I click on the shortcut, both in program files and desktop aswell as on the setup the message occurs. The message says that the game failed to start due to a configuration problem. Reinstalling the game might solve this. Iv reinstalled the game 4 times and the same problem.

Gold version has both Ice and Blood and Fallen angel in one paackage, its to discs that install automatically without explain whats being installed(it just disc one and disc two)

Im out of solutions.

please help otherwise thats money down the drain and a good game too.

Heya moosen. It's difficult for me to give any advice on this one since I have never installed using the Gold version. Is it possible you missed a patch? The digital version of Gold seems as though it does not include patches so maybe you needed to install some patches. Since you have a physical copy I would assume that Disc 1 is Fallen Angel and Disc 2 is Ice and Blood. Are your discs marked the way I described?

1. Disc 1 = Fallen Angel
  2. Disc 2 = Ice and Blood

Try locolagarto's advice and see if that works for you. :)

Heya moosen. It's difficult for me to give any advice on this one since I have never installed using the Gold version. Is it possible you missed a patch? The digital version of Gold seems as though it does not include patches so maybe you needed to install some patches. Since you have a physical copy I would assume that Disc 1 is Fallen Angel and Disc 2 is Ice and Blood. Are your discs marked the way I described?

1. Disc 1 = Fallen Angel
  2. Disc 2 = Ice and Blood

Try locolagarto's advice and see if that works for you. :(

Well actually both discs are marked 'Gold edition' fallen angel

I'm getting the same problem and can't seem to fix it, the updaters tell me I allready have the newest version of the game, but there's just no way to get your game activated,which at the moment is killing me aswell

Do you have any anti-virus software installed?

Hm yes, tried to disable them but that still doesn't work, I saw a thread on the official sacred 2 forum regarding this problem, but can only open the first page in cache, is that forum down or?...

Thanks for the help tho, it's pretty frustrating since I was so happy a gold edition appeared , I'll try some more things

"c:\program files\Deep Silver\ Sacred 2 - Gold\system\sacred2.exe

The application has failed to start because its side by side configurtaion is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail."

and that's the full error

Ok so I can gladly say I was able to fix this problem. When I reinstalled gold for the 100th time , I noticed there was a new patch V2.65.2.0 and inside the discs u've got 2.65.1.0.

So let sacred install, with every other application off like virus scan and firewall, then go to this site http://update.sacred2.com/ and download the new patch (do not open sacred yet, just let the 'launch sacred window remain open' patch it and voila, that's how easy it was, don't use the updater on the discs because it would say you allready have the newest patch.

Hope this can help the people with the same problem :(

Edited by bolzebop

Hm yes, tried to disable them but that still doesn't work, I saw a thread on the official sacred 2 forum regarding this problem, but can only open the first page in cache, is that forum down or?...

Thanks for the help tho, it's pretty frustrating since I was so happy a gold edition appeared , I'll try some more things

The application has failed to start because its side by side configurtaion is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail."

Ok so I can gladly say I was able to fix this problem. When I reinstalled gold for the 100th time , I noticed there was a new patch V2.65.2.0 and inside the discs u've got 2.65.1.0.

So let sacred install, with every other application off like virus scan and firewall, then go to this site http://update.sacred2.com/ and download the new patch (do not open sacred yet, just let the 'launch sacred window remain open' patch it and voila, that's how easy it was, don't use the updater on the discs because it would say you allready have the newest patch.

Hope this can help the people with the same problem :unsure:

I am curious. What files are on those disks? I wonder if you can install only FA and patch it and activate.

Hope this can help the people with the same problem :D

I am curious. What files are on those disks? I wonder if you can install only FA and patch it and activate.

I don't think that's possible, as to me it seemed that most of the graphic files are on the second disk, nothing really showed me that FA is on the first disk and Ice and Blood on the second one

• 1 month later...
I bought the Original game for Sacred 2 Gold yesterday. I tried installing it today.

Put in the first cd and it install...when asked , I put in the second cd and it install ...the problem is it's suppose to ask for my activation serial code , but it never does.

I have gone on all the sites telling me how to manually do it, but nowhere they actually tell you where to click or go to get that box to manually do it.

And my game just wont work.

You already got the problem solved, so I am just describing my personal activation issues here. I had read this thread a couple of weeks ago, so I already knew that I have to install the official 2.65.2 patch before I even try to launch the game. But I still had some nasty problems with the activation. After I launched the game (the infamous Gold version), the first pop-up window asking for the activation key showed up, like it should. After I had entered the key for the main game, nothing happened. The "boot screen" seemed frozen. I waited and waited - and finally hit the Magic Buttons CTRL, ALT and DEL, and killed the Sacred 2 executable in Task Manager. After that the second pop-up window - the one asking for the activation key for Ice & Blood appeared. I typed in the key and restarted the game, and voila! everything was fine. :D

Sorry for the Engrish. It's hard to describe technical things like these, if you don't speak the Universal Language... ;)

EDIT: I have Vista, and had UAC enabled and anti-virus software running on the background, when I installed Sacred 2 and tried to launch it the first time. You can never be too careful - especially if the game requires an open internet connection during the installation. But I unplug my modem and turn off any anti-virus/malware software, when I start playing games...

Edited by neuromantik