Bargaining for dummies

I have seen a lot of posts about bargaining but most look Greek to me. Can someone explain it to me like you are explaining it to a five year old? I went and created a new character for the purpose of bargaining, it is a Inquisitor, I started playing with him and he just went to level 2 so I selected bargaining as his improved skill, but I'm not sure what it's good for and why everyone is so berserk about bargainers on these forums. I appreciate your response.

as someone who just started useing it I love it, I keep it at character level and let relics boost it, almost half of the items merchants sell are two star now, and have many slots, 2 star 2 slot weapons and armor are very common now, and I dont know how I ever got along without it :ike:

I have seen a lot of posts about bargaining but most look Greek to me. Can someone explain it to me like you are explaining it to a five year old? I went and created a new character for the purpose of bargaining, it is a Inquisitor, I started playing with him and he just went to level 2 so I selected bargaining as his improved skill, but I'm not sure what it's good for and why everyone is so berserk about bargainers on these forums. I appreciate your response.

It does 2 things. in increases the rarity of items you can purchase at a merchant. ( higher rarity= hight quality) the star system shows you the quality if items. 0= junk, 1 is magical, 2 is rare. as your character level increases it requires and higher and higher level of bargaining to continue seeing the good stuff. with some character that are solely for bargaining it is possible that you can get a vendor to show you only 2 star items. as your char level increases the mods and bonuses on items will improve with item level as well. So many recomend a bargainer and a main char to level at the same time. the bargainers purpose is simply to provide the bying power for your main char. I know this seems a little crazy, but when you see the kinda stuff like +10 all skills rings you can buy for your level 100 main character, you'll love it.

Check the guides section for some bargaining builds. there are a few that are actually fun to play. the Queen of blades is one. it was my first console character. I took her to level 126 before moving to PC.

abc easy as 123... ok you can buy ** items(Rares) with barg skill these items have good mods on them some better than uniques&setpieces as well as sometimes you can find some with 2 forge slots and good mods(the ones you want ) like a Pole with 3% lifeleech Chance to disregard armor 16% and Opponent level for death blow 60% a helmet with 2 Gold slots already having Exp22% ARMOR Bonus 40% etc the higher the game difficulty and character level the better the mod%'s like for example at level 15 in silver I can buy all skills+1 but in niob I can buy AS+3 at level 80 in Silver I can buy AS+3 IN Niob AS+7 now look at your merchant w/o bar skill youll see no ** and you will never see a gold slot on those items or more than 1 forge slot (exc dmg slots

in 5 year old language more bargaining means less looting trying to just get decent armor/weapons think of having 8 pieces of armor 1 slots then having 8 pieces of level 2 armor with 2 forge slots

meaning stronger toons just with BS arts alone

Well, I got my level 11 Inquisitor (named Black Lotus by the way) at a level 25 Bargaining. I am seeing a huge difference at the merchants so now I must catch him up to my other character who is at level 25.

I was able to find a pair of boots that gave me +1 Bargaining called "Sandals of Parrying" is there any other armor or weapons that do the same? I do have a amulet that gives me +1 Bargaining also.

Just a small aside here if you want to see something really cool. Make a level 2 High Elf and then max the bargainig with points. You will INSTANTLY see a huge jump quality..in fact it'll probably drop your jaw. The proportion of bargaining to the level 2 High Elf is huge at that point, and if you're even able to pick up some level two goodies with bargaining on it you can even enhance the effect further.

You can use that level 2 bargainer to buy and outfit your toon with stuff so powerful you'll sing and dance your way straight through to level 20 at least.

Course when yer buying look for stuff with sockets. Lots and lots of sockets.

:)

gogo

I remember reading (possibly here) that in Niob the merchants sell officer's sabers assuming you have been putting lots of points in bargaining, can anyone else confirm this? I assume if there are officer's sabers sold, that there are other uniques as well?

Just a small aside here if you want to see something really cool. Make a level 2 High Elf and then max the bargainig with points. You will INSTANTLY see a huge jump quality..in fact it'll probably drop your jaw. The proportion of bargaining to the level 2 High Elf is huge at that point, and if you're even able to pick up some level two goodies with bargaining on it you can even enhance the effect further.

Especially if you nuke her to Niob real quick. :yay:

Jet

I remember reading (possibly here) that in Niob the merchants sell officer's sabers assuming you have been putting lots of points in bargaining, can anyone else confirm this? I assume if there are officer's sabers sold, that there are other uniques as well?

Officer saber is a unique item, it will only drop in battle. the highest you will see in merchant is Rare items. yellow in pc and 2 star in console.

Jet

Indeed the greatest thing yet I feel niob Shows best at 15+ With wearable all skills though level 2 Gear in niob is still awesome Never realized It until I was trying to power level

Jet

Indeed the greatest thing yet I feel niob Shows best at 15+ With wearable all skills though level 2 Gear in niob is still awesome Never realized It until I was trying to power level

Agreed,, thats why I have a non leveler at 30 with 5 x bargain to support fellas

Jet