Zealous Doppelganger-Bug/Glitch or Feature ?

Rotluchs

Ok,

I stumbled upon the Inqui+his Zealous Doppelganger recently,

trying to find more char-builds for farming bosses when multiboxing 5accounts...

since I haven't managed to send keyboard+mouse inputs to all (or specific) instances the same time simultaneously,

I'm still stuck with circuitous alt-tabbing which unfortunately limits the functional possibilties and playstyles drastically, when multi-instancing..

(you can read about it >> here )

with 5 sacred2-processes fired up at the same time, system response time and fps are still in 'playable/acceptable' regions, but especially on closed hc it can become a bit dangerous on occasion..

especially when I was about to farm bosses, I can only control 1 char constantly 100% of the time.. I can't send controls to the other alts while controlling the main,

so I have to alt-tab to each single other char in party for any single action I would want to take there..

meaning, I can't activate buffs or combos simultaneously, and also have to move them all seperately..

so, in this constant search of builds I could still bring into 'semi' active combat doing something else then logging on and giving others experience passively sitting on isle with the alts,

last time I tried out the Inqu and his Doppelganger, he would be a nice addition since his Buff can use the stats of the equipped weapon, enabling %LL support on fighting the bosses

(the idea was 4x Inqu all with %LL ZD which I wouldnt have to monitor or control while fighting with the main.. I can only alt-tab and cycle through alts before a fight atm, due to the input-issues described above+in the other thread)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

while testing this out, I found out one of the testchar's ZD wouldn't do any useful dmg at all, and also would NOT 'inherit' the %LL on the weap equipped prior to casting him..

I remembered from a previous session, that the other char's ZD definitely DID leech, so I was surprised that he didn't, this time..

first I thought it was because this time I had chosen perma-buff > 3b

instead of longer duration keeping him as castable spell > 3a

but, turned out this wasn't the reason..

I compared his stats to the other char, here's 2 screenshots (sry for that cropping and the bad quality):

both chars were built on same template, single LAN session niob..

the char whose ZD does NOT leech, has higher over-all skills, dmg, Combat Art lvls..

both chars use a 2H sword that has %LL on it, however the 1st whose ZD does not leech has 4,1% and the dmg-type slot focussed on magic.. 2nd one has only 3,4%LL and fire dmg in the focus-slot,

analogue to 1st mod of PC buff 1a , other has 1b

LEFT=1st Char+ZD that would not leech

RIGHT=2nd Char+ZD that would leech like I was expecting it

zdstats7UNBK.jpg

LEFT=1st Char > no leech

RIGHT=2nd Char > leech

zdtestIZ4BI.jpg

EDIT:

I boosted the 1st ZD with +Combat Art/skills so he would finally have the final level higher than 'runes read in' again, like better noticeable on the 2nd char were the difference is higher, as the runes read in dont exceed the current cap already..

1st char has ZD level 120,8(read in 118), now he suddently leechs from all his weapon attacks again..

also:

If gear with +Combat Art/+all Combat Arts is worn, these arts will become avaible to use for ZD (socketed runes won't work)

says only so, for combat arts,

so didnt suspected this for the 'normal' left-click styled attacks

or the complete weapon stats as such, but this might have to do with it as well it seems..

Edited by Rotluchs

no, always the same ZD created by the buff with the according stats from first screenshot,

I always entered an empty niob session in LAN with a single char, no other exe's or players around for the comparison.

made some further attempts,

and after I increased the first char's ZD level above the 'runes read in' level with +skills/Combat Art's , he would use the weapon stats again, I edited this in the starting post.

what you can also see,

is the very very low initial weapon dmg, if it wasnt for the %LL, both ZD were useless - regardless their weapon stats or lvls..

in addition, what you don't see:

the 'extra damage' shown by the 2nd ZD is about 100k each hit.. with the same weapon, if I had attacked the same machine guardian myself with the char,

I would only get ~70-80k of 'extra damage' shown.. (tho, more 'basic' dmg shown on hit then)

Edited by Rotluchs
no, always the same ZD created by the buff with the according stats from first screenshot,

I always entered an empty niob session in LAN with a single char, no other exe's or players around for the comparison.

made some further attempts,

and after I increased the first char's ZD level above the 'runes read in' level with +skills/Combat Art's , he would use the weapon stats again, I edited this in the starting post.

what you can also see,

is the very very low initial weapon dmg, if it wasnt for the %LL, both ZD were useless - regardless their weapon stats or lvls..

in addition, what you don't see:

the 'extra damage' shown by the 2nd ZD is about 100k each hit.. with the same weapon, if I had attacked the same machine guardian myself with the char,

I would only get ~70-80k of 'extra damage' shown.. (tho, more 'basic' dmg shown on hit then)

There's a hidden malus for reading too many runes into a summon too soon. Shows up better with the DM's familiar. Best idea is to keep summon levels out of penalty range and the malus most likely won't kick in.

Also, Dopp has a hidden multiplier to life leach damage, and now that I'm playing again (got Ice and Blood and a Euro key) I'm trying to track it down.

Oh, and the Dopp doesn't use your Combat Art levels or gain advantage from (almost) anything socketed so you won't see very big hits off of him with a normal gear socketing plan.

Hope that helps,

Tene

• 1 month later...
Oh, and the Dopp doesn't use your Combat Art levels or gain advantage from (almost) anything socketed so you won't see very big hits off of him with a normal gear socketing plan.

Hope that helps,

Tene

From what does he gain then, I know about LL & runspeed % but does he gain from crits% or anything else?

I tested socketing damage rings on my gear and it adds to the doppel damage.

Edited by yoomazir