How do you play Sacred 2 Multiplayer ?

OK I play single player on games and rarely play multiplayer (very nervous in bright light) :ike: I would like to try multi player on sacred 2 fallen angel but I am already confused.

1. what are the different modes? like what is open net and closed net? and coop?

2. do I need a new character for multi or will my single player one do?

3. what happens to the single player character game if I level up in the multi world does it affect the single game and if so how badly?

4. what do I need to do to play online?

dumb questions I guess but if I dont ask them I dont think I would dare try multi player

any help offered would be great thnx in advance.

dumb questions I guess but if I dont ask them I dont think I would dare try multi player

There are no dumb questions...only dumb answers.

I hope I wont fall into that later category. :ike:

1. Open net is an online mode that uses your (or your friends) computer to host a game. Closed net uses servers supplied buy the Sacred 2 distributors.

(closed net is considered cheat free as your game is saved on the distributors servers)

2. You can use a single player toon to play on open net but you have to make a dedicated toon to play on closed net.

3. I have not played open net so my response only relates to closed net;

Since the latest version of Sacred 2 you are able to export your closed server toon to single player but you will not be able to advance the campaign on single player using this toon.

Basically you cannot do the campaign using this toon.

It will have no effect at all on your online closed net toon as you are unable to export a single player toon back into closed net.

4. You simply need to have an internet connection to play online in closed net. However open net will require you to open certain ports in your modem/router to play.

Don't ask me how to do that because I still haven't worked it out.

Besides Closed net is much more fun....especially with a hardcore toon.

Hope that helps more than it confuses. :crazy:

To clarify Stubbie's answer to #3. if you're playing in Open, then you woudl be using the same character as your SP one (so if you get half way through the campaign in SP & then take your character into Open MP, any levels & items will be saved & you can use them when you return to SP). If you're playing SP & want to go into Closed MP, you'll have to use a different character.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to revive this, but you have explained open and closed, but what about "Coop"

I have just got Sacred 2 working. Fair enough I can play SP, but there seem to be limited multi-player options available. LAN here seems completely dead; Open seems unavailable; Closed claims to be HC which is scary for a beginner; so what is "Coop" ?

Closed isn't by definition HC, it's just that the dark clan (and the DA clan too) play hardcore, so that's where you would find us.

Never tried coop myself, but I think it's some kind of singleplayer version where someone else can join in your campaign or something. But that is just a guess...

Thanks Arperum. I got it.

If I ever get to find you lot on closed just remember that I am definitely VSC (very soft core) like the best chocolates - but don't eat me!