Some questions I have regarding Sacred 2

Hi everyone :(

I'm new here and I got some questions, so I compiled them in one thread ^^

1 - Do bosses (quest bosses and mini-bosses) respawn ? (I killed Bloodclaw once on a quest that is given by a woman, then I saved and exited the game, and I teleported and moved to see if he would respawn, but he didn't, he wasn't there anymore, so that's why I'm asking this, I couldn't find the Harpy Queen in the cave either) ;

2 - Why the characters don't say anything when I get quests anymore ? (I remember that the characters used to say some phrases when you get quests, like Seraphim saying "Don't worry, I'll help you" for example) ;

3 - I found a bunny on Thylysium, I talked to him but I didn't read and clicked on "Ok" when the window opened, because I thought it was one of the Office Employees, but I read in a glance that he said something about a treasure hidden somewhere, then he ran away and I didn't found him again, he was with an exclamation point when I saw him, and I didn't get a quest either. What's the purpose of that ? ;

4 - (This question is kind of useless since I had to create another Seraphim anyway because I messed up the skills and such, but I want to know anyway ^^) I edited my Seraphim Save Game to re-spec the skills and organize them, but after I did that, I noticed that I couldn't heal anymore with her with the Spacebar, sometimes it did heal, and sometimes didn't, and gave the sound when you don't have any potions, but I had like 40 potions. I used the "s2sdec" save editor. The Save Game is glitched ? ;

5 - The skill "Toughness" improves physical resistance or only resistance to elemental damage ? ;

6 - Can I change something on the files to make Seraphim using the Monitor Lizard mount ? ;

7 - "Attack Value" means the chance I have to hit the enemy ? ;

8 - Magic Staff's and "Magic Staff's" skill improve the damage of Magics ? ;

9- Set, rare and unique items can have different options (meaning more diversity) or they are all the same ? ;

10 - Where is the best place to farm Potion of the Mentor ?

Whew, I guess these are the questions I have, if I remember more, I post again :P

Thanks in advance !

Welcome to FDM!

Let me tackle a couple here.

1. In Campaign "there can be only one". haha. bosses don't respawn in camp mode. try freeplay and the will respawn after every new server.

2. hmm. check your sound settings in options menu. not sure what that is all about

3. He is the beginning of the easter quest. find the easter egg in the temple just north of him. that starts the easter chain quest. (its one of my favs)

4. Sorry I cant help you on editing save files.

5. Toughness raises armor on all elements including phys, fire, magic, ice, poison.

6. check our Mods forum on this one

7. Attack value is part of your chance to hit. enemy defense is another, enemy chance to evade, chance emeny can't evade. etc

8. weapon lores improve attack speed of weapon attacks, chance for critical hits, and increases execution speed of weapon based Combat Arts

9. the "quality" of items goes from junk, magic, rare, unique, legendary. Quality can be number of mods, value of bonuses, armor rating ect.... Sets are in the same class as uniques.

10. they drop everywhere, however turtles are good for dropping them as wel as champs.

Enjoy the game. most of these topics are in here somewhere. try the search and you will find tons of info. also try the SacredWiki.

Cheers!

Loco

I'm not sure when the regulars get here on this site, but I'll do my best to answer your questions.

1 - Do bosses (quest bosses and mini-bosses) respawn ? (I killed Bloodclaw once on a quest that is given by a woman, then I saved and exited the game, and I teleported and moved to see if he would respawn, but he didn't, he wasn't there anymore, so that's why I'm asking this, I couldn't find the Harpy Queen in the cave either) ;

I do believe that for open games, the bosses will respawn but if you're doing the campaign then my answer is no.

2 - Why the characters don't say anything when I get quests anymore ? (I remember that the characters used to say some phrases when you get quests, like Seraphim saying "Don't worry, I'll help you" for example) ;

I'd check to make sure the game is fully patched and that the character commentary option is set to infrequent. The latter is likely set to no commentary, and it can be fixed from the Options menu in the game.

3 - I found a bunny on Thylysium, I talked to him but I didn't read and clicked on "Ok" when the window opened, because I thought it was one of the Office Employees, but I read in a glance that he said something about a treasure hidden somewhere, then he ran away and I didn't found him again, he was with an exclamation point when I saw him, and I didn't get a quest either. What's the purpose of that ? ;

The bunny is part of an Easter quest. The first egg is in the temple in Thylysium. You just have to search the whole temple. Did I mention there are other goofy quests in the game besides the Easter one? If not, there is a chance for fun with Aliens at a certain place in the game.

4 - (This question is kind of useless since I had to create another Seraphim anyway because I messed up the skills and such, but I want to know anyway ^^) I edited my Seraphim Save Game to re-spec the skills and organize them, but after I did that, I noticed that I couldn't heal anymore with her with the Spacebar, sometimes it did heal, and sometimes didn't, and gave the sound when you don't have any potions, but I had like 40 potions. I used the "s2sdec" save editor. The Save Game is glitched ? ;

The simplest way to respec is to make a new character or play Diablo 2 where it's allowed without using an editor.

5 - The skill "Toughness" improves physical resistance or only resistance to elemental damage ? ;

6 - Can I change something on the files to make Seraphim using the Monitor Lizard mount ? ;

7 - "Attack Value" means the chance I have to hit the enemy ? ;

8 - Magic Staff's and "Magic Staff's" skill improve the damage of Magics ? ;

9- Set, rare and unique items can have different options (meaning more diversity) or they are all the same ? ;

I'm not sure what question you're asking, but if Sacred 2 follows the same item leveling as Sacred did a set item of level 40 should have better bonuses at level 40 than at level 20. There are quite a number of set, rare and unique items around.

10 - Where is the best place to farm Potion of the Mentor ? If you ask really nicely and happen to find me in-game, I can provide multiple Mentor potions. I think most of the regulars will back me up when I say that I'm fairly reliable as a 'milkman'.

EDIT - Looks like loco beat me to some of the answers.

Edited by DaveO

8. Magic staffs skill does not improve non-weapon combat arts* (for example radiant pillar or nova). Magic staff skill would affect Weapon combat arts (for example archangel wrath or pelting strike) by the ways people described in the previous post (attack value, equip higher level staff, double hit at mastery?, unlock ranged staff shooting, attack speed - cap at 150)

* with the exception that magic staff skill allows equipping of a higher level staff. That said staff may have mods which do affect non-weapon combat arts. For example a high level Tinwora's curse with + combat arts on it.

Edited by claudius

Thanks for all the answers !

And regarding the sound issue:

Yes, my audio is working fine and the commentary is already set to "Infrequently", and I can hear all the sounds and commentaries in the game,

killing enemies, been hit by enemies, etc, everything, only the sound when you accept a quest that they don't say, when I complete a quest they say phrases, only when

I accept a task they don't talk.

As for the unique/rare items:

By options I mean the stats they have (I expressed myself wrongly, sorry :(), like the Huntress of light for example, all the Huntress of Light you get come with

the exact same stats (Chance for deadly wounds and Experince Bonus) or they can change ? Like coming with 3 stats, only one, different ones, etc.

And for the save editing:

I don't edit my save files, it's because I had that Seraphim way before the Ice & Blood, but as I stated, even if I re-speced my Seraphim the way I wanted, I still had to create

another one anyway, I just wanted to know if that bug was because I edited the save file or I messed up on the controls.

And oh yeah, what does "Chance to halve regeneration time", "Damage of enraged players" and "Damage over time: - Physical - Ice - Fire, etc" means ?

And the Dryad runes that give "Damage over time - Physical - Fire,etc" is permanent when you use, or it's just a boost after you use the rune ?

Edited by Broken*Days
As for the unique/rare items:

By options I mean the stats they have (I expressed myself wrongly, sorry :(), like the Huntress of light for example, all the Huntress of Light you get come with

the exact same stats (Chance for deadly wounds and Experince Bonus) or they can change ? Like coming with 3 stats, only one, different ones, etc.

Sets will always have the same mods. however as they level the mods get higher in value, and with difficulty level the values are greater.

And for the save editing:

I don't edit my save files, it's because I had that Seraphim way before the Ice & Blood, but as I stated, even if I re-speced my Seraphim the way I wanted, I still had to create

another one anyway, I just wanted to know if that bug was because I edited the save file or I messed up on the controls.

That is confusing to me. " I don't edit my save files" and the "because I edited the save file" hmm can't help you with this one.

And oh yeah, what does "Chance to halve regeneration time", "Damage of enraged players" and "Damage over time: - Physical - Ice - Fire, etc" means ?

And the Dryad runes that give "Damage over time - Physical - Fire,etc" is permanent when you use, or it's just a boost after you use the rune ?

DOT is a secondary effect from an attack. Physical = bleeding(HP over time), Fire = hp loss over time, Poison = HP loss over time, Ice = slow movement and attack speed, Magic = reduces Attributes

Chance to halve Regen time is a "Chance that the hit will result in a one time reduction in the combat arts regen time. Damage of Enraged Players = at you take damage you deal more damage. the lower your HP gets the higher the damage boost is.

The bonuses you see on any Rune only take effect when they are socketed into a weapon or armor. Socketing a rune results in a higher boost to the Combat Art (scales with difficulty, Niob Runes give +6 to the Combat Art)and you only suffer about half of the regen penalty. the added bonus is exactly that an added bonus for socketing the rune. you only get 1 Combat Art level for reading(eating) the rune and no bonus.

Thanks for all the answers !

And regarding the sound issue:

Yes, my audio is working fine and the commentary is already set to "Infrequently", and I can hear all the sounds and commentaries in the game,

killing enemies, been hit by enemies, etc, everything, only the sound when you accept a quest that they don't say, when I complete a quest they say phrases, only when

I accept a task they don't talk.

I think I read somewhere that this is after Ice and Blood that it changed. maybe that explains it.

By "I don't edit saved files" I mean that I never edited save files, I just wanted to re-spec the skills, but I had to create another Seraphim even if I re-speced,

so it's not a problem, I just wanted to know if that happened because I edited the save, and the save editor don't let you edit what you can't have, for example, you can't edit your level,

put more points in skills you don't have, put more points in the skills greater than your level (you are level 46 and the skill is level 50 without any item bonus for example), he just edit

what you can have, you can't abuse of it, he won't let you.

Thanks again for all the answers !

And that sound thing is true ?

Aww, I miss Dark Path High Elf lines when accepting a task =/

And I created a Free Game play, but the teleporters I already opened are closed there, that's normal ? I have to move to the boss area on foot/mount everytime ?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was on Gold camp, I just finished the Silver camp, so all teleporters on Gold camp are closed, the opened ones are on Silver camp, duh :(

Sorry for that.

Another question:

Bargaining affects horse vendors and the unique mounts vendor ?

Edited by Broken*Days
By "I don't edit saved files" I mean that I never edited save files, I just wanted to re-spec the skills, but I had to create another Seraphim even if I re-speced,

so it's not a problem, I just wanted to know if that happened because I edited the save, and the save editor don't let you edit what you can't have, for example, you can't edit your level,

put more points in skills you don't have, put more points in the skills greater than your level (you are level 46 and the skill is level 50 without any item bonus for example), he just edit

what you can have, you can't abuse of it, he won't let you.

Thanks again for all the answers !

And that sound thing is true ?

Aww, I miss Dark Path High Elf lines when accepting a task =/

And I created a Free Game play, but the teleporters I already opened are closed there, that's normal ? I have to move to the boss area on foot/mount everytime ?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was on Gold camp, I just finished the Silver camp, so all teleporters on Gold camp are closed, the opened ones are on Silver camp, duh :(

Sorry for that.

Another question:

Bargaining affects horse vendors and the unique mounts vendor ?

No problem on the edit save thing my friend. We are very Pro-Mod here at FDM. We have a have whole forum section for modders her.

Bargaining I don't think will help with the mounts vendors, unless it helps with more variety of horses at the horse vendor.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I saw some of the mods there ^^

And I tested Bargaining with the Horse Vendor and the Unique Mounts vendor, they reduced the price

of the mounts, but I don't know if it helps getting better horses/unique mounts.

The price of the first horse lowered from 1,761,xxx (without Bargaining Relics) to 1,062,xxx (with Bargaining Relics) on a horse vendor.

Another question, one of the loading screen tips says "the chance for you to get a set item instead of normal item reward improves with every completed quest"

or something among these lines, and my question is: This applyes with quests completed on other cities and on lower levels (Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc) ? Like, if I did all quests

on Thylysium on Silver, I have more chances to have better items on another city too (still on Silver difficulty) ? And if I completed a lot of quests on Silver, and go to Gold, I still have the same

chance to get a set item on a quest that I had on Silver difficulty ?

And the skill "Ancient Magic" increases the damage on all the High Elf's Combat Arts ? I get confused with the "Non-Weapon Based" thing.

And that horse on the SacredWiki exists ? I mean this horse. I visited many horse vendors

and I never saw one of those, but the highest level I got is level 67 on a Character and Platinum difficulty, so I want to know if that exists on Niobium difficulty and/or higher levels :D

And oh yeah, where is the "Children and Demons III" and "The Hunt III" quests ? There's no quest page for these quests on SacredWiki and I searched here too, nothing, just someone

saying some place on the Orcish Territory, but I was there and I couldn't find the quest anywhere.

Sorry for the wall of text and the delayed answer =/

Edited by Broken*Days
Yeah, I saw some of the mods there ^^

And I tested Bargaining with the Horse Vendor and the Unique Mounts vendor, they reduced the price

of the mounts, but I don't know if it helps getting better horses/unique mounts.

The price of the first horse lowered from 1,761,xxx (without Bargaining Relics) to 1,062,xxx (with Bargaining Relics) on a horse vendor.

Another question, one of the loading screen tips says "the chance for you to get a set item instead of normal item reward improves with every completed quest"

or something among these lines, and my question is: This applyes with quests completed on other cities and on lower levels (Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc) ? Like, if I did all quests

on Thylysium on Silver, I have more chances to have better items on another city too (still on Silver difficulty) ? And if I completed a lot of quests on Silver, and go to Gold, I still have the same

chance to get a set item on a quest that I had on Silver difficulty ?

And the skill "Ancient Magic" increases the damage on all the High Elf's Combat Arts ? I get confused with the "Non-Weapon Based" thing.

And that horse on the SacredWiki exists ? I mean this horse. I visited many horse vendors

and I never saw one of those, but the highest level I got is level 67 on a Character and Platinum difficulty, so I want to know if that exists on Niobium difficulty and/or higher levels :)

And oh yeah, where is the "Children and Demons III" and "The Hunt III" quests ? There's no quest page for these quests on SacredWiki and I searched here too, nothing, just someone

saying some place on the Orcish Territory, but I was there and I couldn't find the quest anywhere.

Sorry for the wall of text and the delayed answer =/

Cannot help with the horse question... I had one, once (upon a time).... then found the uniques ;)

Hrm... I don't think we get that message on the console loading screens, so I am unsure if completing quests helps with set pieces dropping. I have heard rumours that merchants offer better items (even WITHOUT bargaining) if all the quests are completed in the "area"...

Ancient Magic.png Ancient Magic: yes, it increases the damage of Elves' Combat Art's (EXCEPT Magic Coup, IIRC). When you get AM mastery, it will also lower the resistance of the enemies to your Combat Art's, so even more damage!

Confused about weapon/non-weapon Combat Art's? The easiest way to tell them apart is by equipping / unequipping a weapon and looking at the damage of the Combat Art on the Combat Art screen. BE CAREFUL THAT THE WEAPON YOU ARE USING FOR THE TEST ISN'T AFFECTING DAMAGE IN ANY WAY (ie via damage +% mods, etc). If the Combat Art's damage doesn't change with the weapon change, then it is a non-weapon Combat Art. If it does, then it is a weapon-based Combat Art.

The quests you are referring to are the Seraphim's class quests. Look there in the wiki, or just activate the quests from your quest page in-game and "follow your nose" (ie go to the blue circle).

Edited by essjayehm

Thanks for the answers ! ^^

But there's no "Children and Demons III" nor "The Hunt III" in the SacredWiki,

and it doesn't appear the blue circle on the map, and I don't have these quests on my Logbook,

I only have the Children and Demons and The Hunt II on the Logbook already finished, and the other ones do not appear,

and the circle don't appear anywhere on the map.

And that loading screen tip appears, if I get that again, I post an screenshot here.

And the horse I meant if that kind of horse exists, because I only saw ordinary ones, not that armored one ^^

Thanks again for the answers !

Edited by Broken*Days
Thanks for the answers ! ^^

But there's no "Children and Demons III" nor "The Hunt III" in the SacredWiki,

and it doesn't appear the blue circle on the map, and I don't have these quests on my Logbook,

I only have the Children and Demons and The Hunt II on the Logbook already finished, and the other ones do not appear,

and the circle don't appear anywhere on the map.

And that loading screen tip appears, if I get that again, I post an screenshot here.

And the horse I meant if that kind of horse exists, because I only saw ordinary ones, not that armored one ^^

Thanks again for the answers !

Alrighty, a quick tour of the Wiki indeed does not tell you what to do next 8(

From memory, so please take with grains of salt... ohwait, is says right in the wiki under The Hunt II - the next part of the quest starts in Skooks Corner (but I can't remember the name of it AAAArgHHHHH... sorry)

On console, if you "select" a quest from the logbook, it makes it your current quest, and with the class quests, most of the time the blue circle does not appear on the map (display bug, IMO) unless the class quest is "active". Can you "activate" The Hunt II in your logbook like this? Otherwise, make your way to Skooks Corner (island town in the human realm) and the next questgiver should be standing next/near to the runemaster.

Wow... can't believe I did that from memory... or did I?

LoL, I found it on Skooks Corner near the Rune Master like you said :)

The quest giver is Dagoban, and the Seraphim's last class quest, The Hunt III, is in Entruag, in the Orcish Territory.

Thanks one more time for this !

LoL, I found it on Skooks Corner near the Rune Master like you said :)

The quest giver is Dagoban, and the Seraphim's last class quest, The Hunt III, is in Entruag, in the Orcish Territory.

Thanks one more time for this !

Well, I know the seraphim's class quest continues on with a couple of missions in the Carnach caves and swamp region, before finally ending back in elven territory, in the same cave as The Hunt II!

Enjoy the reward!

Thanks, I love that sword and the experience bonus from it :(

Two more questions, and I promise these are the last ones ^^

I was going to craft some items on a sword of mine, and the sword was level 50, and the

rings and amulets I had to craft in it, was level 61, 64, etc, and I was level 65~68 (can't remember correctly) and I could

craft the rings and pendants on the sword even though they had more level than the sword, and the sword raised her level, from 50 to 63 (I guess),

and my question is: I can do that all the time if my character have more level than the rings, amulets, etc I want to craft on a item below the level of these rings/amulets ?

And the other question is: Now everytime I hit the enemy, my Combat Arts cooldown reduces 1~2 seconds each hit, and I don't know why. It's good to have that,

I'm not complaining, but I just want to know the cause of it. I am a Seraphim level 70 with a full Niokaste's Blade Dance set, don't know if this is the cause though ^^

And I asked the Ancient Magic question because I'm trying to make a High Elf and I don't want to mess up the Skills and/or put an useless Skill for her in the build I'm trying to make.

Thank you again for the answers, and thank you for being patient with me xD

Edited by Broken*Days
Thanks, I love that sword and the experience bonus from it :)

Two more questions, and I promise these are the last ones ^^

I was going to craft some items on a sword of mine, and the sword was level 50, and the

rings and amulets I had to craft in it, was level 61, 64, etc, and I was level 65~68 (can't remember correctly) and I could

craft the rings and pendants on the sword even though they had more level than the sword, and the sword raised her level, from 50 to 63 (I guess),

and my question is: I can do that all the time if my character have more level than the rings, amulets, etc I want to craft on a item below the level of these rings/amulets ?

And the other question is: Now everytime I hit the enemy, my Combat Arts cooldown reduces 1~2 seconds each hit, and I don't know why. It's good to have that,

I'm not complaining, but I just want to know the cause of it. I am a Seraphim level 70 with a full Niokaste's Blade Dance set, don't know if this is the cause though ^^

And I asked the Ancient Magic question because I'm trying to make a High Elf and I don't want to mess up the Skills and/or put an useless Skill for her in the build I'm trying to make.

Thank you again for the answers, and thank you for being patient with me xD

Ok, this is where we're going to be very different, because on consoles, forging jewellery that is higher level than the equipment does not change the level of the item! (this was planned by Ascaron, and is not a bug). So I am unsure of what changes on the weapon when higher-level jewellery is forged into it. AFAIK, and logically speaking, the damage, modifier values, will not change, just the level of the weapon. So you will need new weapons every once in a while to keep your damage, etc. good enough for your level.

As for your second question, you have discovered the most powerful modifier there is in the game (IMO). Regeneration per hit (RpH). Each time you hit an enemy with a weapon, your Combat Art REGENERATION time will decrease by X seconds, where X is the amount of RpH you have (you can see from your overview). Please be aware of the differences between cooldown and regeneration, since RpH does not affect cooldown.

It is not innate on any of Niko's set pieces, so you must have some on a weapon, or on your jewellery. I cannot remember if RpH is a set bonus or not, though, so it might be from that.

I feel Ancient Magic.png Ancient Magic is required for High Elves, so I don't think it is a wasted skill! Maybe AM is not needed for melee elves, but I don't have a great deal of experience with them.

Edited by essjayehm

I see.

So it's the "Regeneration Per Hit" that does that ?

Damn, I have found like 50 rings and amulets on the Merchants and I thought it was

Health Regeneration, not combat arts... Well, now I know, I'll buy everytime I see them ^^

I have that on my sleeves, it is a pendant that I crafted into it, a unique one that gives 0.3% Regeneration Per Hit and one other stat I forgot ^^

And the Regeneration Per Hit works with magic's too ? Like, having an amulet with this stat, and then hitting the enemy with a Fireball for example,

will reduce the regen time too, or only with melee attacks ?

And yeah, I'm doing a Magician High Elf, but I was confused about the Non-Weapon Based thing, now I know

what that mean xD

Thanks again !

And the Regeneration Per Hit works with magic's too ? Like, having an amulet with this stat, and then hitting the enemy with a Fireball for example,

will reduce the regen time too, or only with melee attacks ?

RpH only triggers with weapon based attacks (normal attacks and weapon based Combat Arts). But it will reduce the regeneration time of all Combat Arts. Edited by dreeft