BFG Sera vs Duel Wield - who wins?

kaldo

I'm actually playing on the XBOX 360 and looking to quickly cruise through bronze difficulty without exploring 20% of the map for a particular achievement... Looking for the best build to do that, but perhaps be used a little later for shopping/boss runs...

The Queen shopper build looks fairly solid, but kinda relies on decent weapons being found and what not... whereas the BFG seraphim is basically just based on how many runes I can pump into it. Anyone willing to give me a solid unbiased opinion on this one? :bye: Hehe would be grealy appreciated!

Cheers

I'm actually playing on the XBOX 360 and looking to quickly cruise through bronze difficulty without exploring 20% of the map for a particular achievement... Looking for the best build to do that, but perhaps be used a little later for shopping/boss runs...

The Queen shopper build looks fairly solid, but kinda relies on decent weapons being found and what not... whereas the BFG seraphim is basically just based on how many runes I can pump into it. Anyone willing to give me a solid unbiased opinion on this one? :bye: Hehe would be grealy appreciated!

Cheers

I did that very thing on XBOX with dobri's complete guide to the BFG seraphim. I did it with 2% to spare and scored like 4 or 5 achievments in the process.

Hey Loco :bye: Hehe yeah I was thinking of Dobri's but considering I really want this seraphim to have enhanced perception/bargaining on it for long term, his didn't quite fit.. I could try a hybrid but I'm just not sure on skill selection.

Did your character come close to dying at any point throughout? And did you have to take a little timeout to grind a couple of levels at orc caves or something?

Hey Loco :) Hehe yeah I was thinking of Dobri's but considering I really want this seraphim to have enhanced perception/bargaining on it for long term, his didn't quite fit.. I could try a hybrid but I'm just not sure on skill selection.

Did your character come close to dying at any point throughout? And did you have to take a little timeout to grind a couple of levels at orc caves or something?

I was a little. Or a lot prepared as I already had a level 100 queen of blades. And so I was able to start socketing + allskills at an early level. As I recall I finished bronze in 1 night. At level 18 I think. I started on a Thursday night and by Monday I was level 85 and had just finished platinum. I was able to kill so fast with the bfg that I rarely took damage. My queen of blades was at level 100 after a month or more of dying over and over.(not because of the build. It was my first char). And I saw I was going to out level my bargained so I started another bfg and took EP and bar at level 2 and 5. And took my time leveling that one. But still got it to 100 pretty quick. From dobri's build keep warding lore and drop toughness and revered lore. Take EP and bargaining any where your comfortable.

The only way to stay under 20% map is to go direct routes from quest mark to quest mark. And back trace your steps when you can. There really wasn't any grinding. Just shoot everything in your path.

Remember the game is 0.5 out with it's percentages for some bizzare reason. To get the achievement you actually have to have 19.5 or lower. It's the same with the 50% map revealed achievement too. You get it once 49.5% of the map is revealed.

The Queen shopper build looks fairly solid, but kinda relies on decent weapons being found and what not... whereas the BeeEffGee seraphim is basically just based on how many runes I can pump into it. Anyone willing to give me a solid unbiased opinion on this one? :D Hehe would be grealy appreciated!

Cheers

BeeEffGee is the way to go. I just did this about a week ago straight out of the box. Very 1st character no runes, no gear no nothing. I followed KA's since his was played on console, but Dobri's is good also. Play on Bronze follow the path to each quest line. Sell everything you pick up and dont forget swaping runes does not count for buying any items either. Remember you can run the orc cave to gain levels also.

If you want a BeeEffGee build with Enhanced Perception/Bargaining, here's one for you:

Ranged Lore (1 pt, don't add anything more)

Armor Lore (maxed by level 75 and stop)

Tactics Lore (1+7 pts to fully mod Battle Stance - the 1 extra point needed will come from exalted focus, then add points here when you're not working on any other mastery)

Concentration (maxed by level 75 for 3 buffs and stop)

Revered Focus (1+8 hard pts to fully mod BeeEffGee)

Exalted Focus (1 pt for quite a while)

Constitution (maxed by level 75 and stop)

Toughness (75 and stop)

Enhanced Perception (75 and stop)

Bargaining (maxed, after you're done with the masteries, add points to keep it on char level)

That should make for a good all-round performance. A bit lacking in BeeEffGee firepower, but it's ok. Actually, this is my current shopper build that I'm playing with a shuriken with Life Leech% (BeeEffGee acts as a +ranged weapons buff), a Glacial defender and a Celestial set for a total of 66%+ damage mitigation and about 4% life leech per hit. Suffice it to say, this build farms Nameless guardians for fun and they can barely squeeze in 2-3k of damage.

Hey guys :( Thanks for all the responses, this really is a great community you've got going on here.

I passed it last night with 17.2% of map uncovered (17% when I first entered the nameless bosses area), so mission successful!

Ended up doing what Dobri suggested, though I took enhanced perception at level 12. Since I've yet to have a char reach higher then level 32 and none of those have bargaining, I'm kinda lacking in the 'niob shopper +all skills' department that a few others have the luxury of :) So finding stuff has been pretty useful. Overall this character's been heaps of fun so far, so I think I'll take her as far as she can go.

She really does look like a futuristic manga char with Endijian's set tho :) hehe.

If any of you are on xbox live and feel like doing so, my gt is Kaldo

Take it easy guys and thanks for the input!

If you want a BeeEffGee build with Enhanced Perception/Bargaining, here's one for you:

Ranged Lore (1 pt, don't add anything more)

Armor Lore (maxed by level 75 and stop)

Tactics Lore (1+7 pts to fully mod Battle Stance - the 1 extra point needed will come from exalted focus, then add points here when you're not working on any other mastery)

Concentration (maxed by level 75 for 3 buffs and stop)

Revered Focus (1+8 hard pts to fully mod BeeEffGee)

Exalted Focus (1 pt for quite a while)

Constitution (maxed by level 75 and stop)

Toughness (75 and stop)

Enhanced Perception (75 and stop)

Bargaining (maxed, after you're done with the masteries, add points to keep it on char level)

That should make for a good all-round performance. A bit lacking in BeeEffGee firepower, but it's ok. Actually, this is my current shopper build that I'm playing with a shuriken with Life Leech% (BeeEffGee acts as a +ranged weapons buff), a Glacial defender and a Celestial set for a total of 66%+ damage mitigation and about 4% life leech per hit. Suffice it to say, this build farms Nameless guardians for fun and they can barely squeeze in 2-3k of damage.

Hey guys, long time no see. =D

So I decided to start this game again, and have been looking at the recent posts the past few weeks and saw this build that Dobri made for a shopper BeeEffGee and I set on making it. I had to restart once after picking the wrong revered tech and levelling 10 more levels ¬_¬ Now at level 16 and kicking ass. Few questions though.

Should I take revered to 31 asap to fully mod Archangels?

When I made armor in the past I just added in the highest +all skills I could and not worried about anything else at all (like deathblow and all that) Will that be okay for this build?

When guides say to take BeeEffGee to 1.5-2x char level, does that mean the Combat Art level or the weapon level? (I.e my Combat Art level is 14 and weapon level is 27)

Think thats all. One last thing.

Dobri, I absolutely love this build so far! And at the rate my damage is going up I wont ever have troubles with killing and should cruise through the rest of the game.

:):superman::BlobRed: :BlobRed: :BlobRed: :BlobRed:

Hey guys, long time no see. =D

So I decided to start this game again, and have been looking at the recent posts the past few weeks and saw this build that Dobri made for a shopper BeeEffGee and I set on making it. I had to restart once after picking the wrong revered tech and levelling 10 more levels ¬_¬ Now at level 16 and kicking ass. Few questions though.

Should I take revered to 31 asap to fully mod Archangels?

When I made armor in the past I just added in the highest +all skills I could and not worried about anything else at all (like deathblow and all that) Will that be okay for this build?

When guides say to take BeeEffGee to 1.5-2x char level, does that mean the Combat Art level or the weapon level? (I.e my Combat Art level is 14 and weapon level is 27)

Think thats all. One last thing.

Dobri, I absolutely love this build so far! And at the rate my damage is going up I wont ever have troubles with killing and should cruise through the rest of the game.

:):superman::BlobRed: :BlobRed: :BlobRed: :BlobRed:

You can mod Archangel's Wrath if you want. it won't be long you'll be wanting to do something other than shoot everthing with the gun. and by 2x character level we mean the weapon level not the Combat Art level. until you get to about level 100 then the weapon kinda caps out at 200. at least it did in Ice and Blood.

As for gear in the BeeEffGee build. I did a little all skills, some anti-DoT, some Death Blow and some XP per kill. Keeping Pelting and ArcAngels at 1 rune and pumping BeeEffGee and Battle stance really did a great job for me. you get lots of damage and with the defense mods on Battle Stance you end up becoming a tank that takes little damage. Just use the regen on Pelting and Archangel's Wrath to gauge how many runes to put in your buffs.

Well, I now have this build at level 35 and it looks like this

ranged weapons 1

concentration 35

armor lore 35

tactics lore 9

revered tech focus 9

exalted warrior focus 1

constitution 17

toughness 1

The only skills I have modded are BeeEffGee and Battle Stance, I am not sure whether or not to put any points into any aspect skills now to mod skills, or wait till later when I either need them or have spare points to throw about. I am doing pretty well right now, 1-2 shotting everything except champs which usually only take 2 anyways.

Another thing is, whats the main differences between Soul Hammer and Pelting for this build? On the BeeEffGee guide by Dobri, it says Soul Hammer is the boss-killer due to the mods for it by reducing stats and stuff, but wouldn't Pelting be better with the amount of hits per cast or w/e?

You could do a combo of Soul Hammer n Pelting Strikes for bosses/champions. Then use Pelting Strikes for regular mobs.

Yea but you see the thing is, I'd kinda like to keep exalted at 9 or 31 to keep points for other skills (I'll save up lots of points before 65 for bargaining.) If you had to mod only one of either Soul Hammer or Pelting what would it be?

You could do a combo of Soul Hammer n Pelting Strikes for bosses/champions. Then use Pelting Strikes for regular mobs.

Yea but you see the thing is, I'd kinda like to keep exalted at 9 or 31 to keep points for other skills (I'll save up lots of points before 65 for bargaining.) If you had to mod only one of either Soul Hammer or Pelting what would it be?

I'd go for Pelting Strikes. Tactics Lore will add mod points for exalted warrior tree.