The Sacred 2 Light Saber Secrets thread

Alright I started using lightsabers since I couldn't find any evidence to back up the glitch rumors. I made a duel wielding saraphim and the only problem I've run into so far is that the game is prone to freezing at times. So my suggestion to anyone wanting to use lightsabers is to save often, especially before opening up the map cause that's when it's been freezing alot for me.

I have a green 55 if that interests you.

I'll be looking for more soon...Really only things I need are Seraphim pieces.

And really even then I'm only looking for ( at least for now ) a set of Wings Of Revenge around my level 50 to 60 would be preferable.

Or just a really nice set of rare wings for a seraphim around my level =) And of course I'm always iso better blades than +34 all skills and higher damage than 179-187 on swords around my level.

• 4 weeks later...
Alright I started using lightsabers since I couldn't find any evidence to back up the glitch rumors. I made a duel wielding saraphim and the only problem I've run into so far is that the game is prone to freezing at times. So my suggestion to anyone wanting to use lightsabers is to save often, especially before opening up the map cause that's when it's been freezing alot for me.

I've lost my game data to lightsabers, but it took sometime. I can't be sure that it was the lightaber, sorry. I don't use lightsabers anymore and have not had my data corrupt again. That was enough evidence for me.

I also suspect that copying items and Dryad running can have the same effect and freeze the game.

Clear your systems cache once a week is my solution to game problems.

Right now I have a level 2 HE with level 10 bargaining. Any chance of finding a lightsaber? Or do I have to change a bunch of things? Never done bargaining before and just started today so I have no idea how it works, just looking for a lightsaber.

Hi World, merged your topic with this older one. You can get lightsaber's in store with good /high bargaining.

:)

gogo

So would that mean I could find them at my current level or do I need to do other things?

Yeah, I would definitely think so. To see how good your bargaining is, try and see if you can get it so that you get many yellows as possible. If you're seeing greys at all, your bargaining is poorer.;

gogo

Hi World, merged your topic with this older one. You can get lightsaber's in store with good /high bargaining.

gogo

So would that mean I could find them at my current level or do I need to do other things?

Yeah, I would definitely think so. To see how good your bargaining is, try and see if you can get it so that you get many yellows as possible. If you're seeing greys at all, your bargaining is poorer.;

gogo

What do you mean by grey's and yellow's?

In the PC version the item's rarity is determined by different colors. In the consoles it's shown by the number of stars.

In the PC version the item's rarity is determined by different colors. In the consoles it's shown by the number of stars.

Oh well I'm seeing 2 stars. My bargaining is level 12 now so I'm getting there.

Wait, so do they have regular weapon stats as well as names, or do they have their own unique bonuses, slots, etc.?

Sounds like regular names and bonuses. Only significant difference is the picture. I guess just be low level with massive bargaining and look out for it. I have heard of people level 30 with not super high bargaining find it but I'm guessing that's rare.

The other main aspect of the lightsabers is that they generally have a high elemental damage type natural to the weapon. The fastest way to scan for lighstabers (because the picture takes about 1/2-1 second to load) is to watch the elemental damages on the weapons as you look through.

They really aren't that rare, just that you are looking for something very particular, and that in itself is very rare to find in Sacred.

The other main aspect of the lightsabers is that they generally have a high elemental damage type natural to the weapon. The fastest way to scan for lighstabers (because the picture takes about 1/2-1 second to load) is to watch the elemental damages on the weapons as you look through.

They really aren't that rare, just that you are looking for something very particular, and that in itself is very rare to find in Sacred.

I know what you mean. When you look for it you never find it but when you're just chillin it'll pop up from time to time

Found one! Character level 10 w/ Bargaining at 27 or 28. Weird thing for me, not even the hilt showed up in the item window, just a black background (I play the ps3 version so maybe it's a console thing). Like the sound it maks when you buy them lol.

Found one! Character level 10 w/ Bargaining at 27 or 28. Weird thing for me, not even the hilt showed up in the item window, just a black background (I play the ps3 version so maybe it's a console thing). Like the sound it maks when you buy them lol.

Yeah, you're right... absolutely nothing in the picture window for a lightsaber on PS3.

You should try using the instruments from the Blind Guardian quest. They make neat sounds too! Although the spears' sound effect is my most favouritest. Sounds pretty much like the real thing :P

Holy- found 2 more with the same character! Go go, sith lord Ryosath lol. About freezing: Hasn't happened to me yet (although it's only been about 10 mins) but there does seem to be more lag with lightsabers equipped (longer pauses before merchant menus open, more running in place for a second every now and then).

Yeah, you're right... absolutely nothing in the picture window for a lightsaber on PS3.

You should try using the instruments from the Blind Guardian quest. They make neat sounds too! Although the spears' sound effect is my most favouritest. Sounds pretty much like the real thing :P

I have lol, used blind guardian on my first SW for a while, fun to hear discordant guitar sounds while using scything sweep.

I have lol, used blind guardian on my first SW for a while, fun to hear discordant guitar sounds while using scything sweep.

lol!

I didn't know it made that sound...outstanding!

:D

gogo

Well since I've been farming lightsabers for sometime now I figured I might as well add in some observations on the ps3 version at least.

Lightsabers have no picture OR you may see just the tip of the handle, in the consoles it seems that the pictures of alot of weapons have their axis of rotation waaaaaay off, some times you may not see a weapon for but a split second.

also as mentioned they make a buzzing noise when bought, if you turn off music and turn up your sound you may hear it pretty easily, and yes, it's cool every time ;)=)

Of the 30 some I've come across they were all 2 stars, sword type, and have random sockets/modifiers, some even come with +all skills or +bargaining!

Damage on most lightsabers appears rather mediocre, however, in truth the damage is usually much greater than the listed value, even without tactics lore or a high strength value, further testing by others may be needed to squelch or verify this myth though.

In order of how common they are, orange, red, green, blue/purple. Not sure about the blue/purple being more common, they seem very rare even for a lightsaber spawn.

While possible to farm from monsters the odds are better either in one of two places, west of sloeford in the mountains is a shop with two caves nearby, the load time is practically nil and it's a very very short run between, so there's one, the other place which is more common is east Thylysium.

Well thats pretty much all I've got to say about sabers on the ps3, if anyone would like to know where the specific location is of the two caves one shop, I'll be happy to show you on a fresh level 1 character or perhaps take a picture of the map locale. ;)

Tidy little writeup on the sabers andrew.

thank you

As well, I did not know that some colors are more rare than others. This would be the first time that I've heard about a cosmetic being a part of rarity. Are you for sure on this?

If so, it's pretty cool.

;)

gogo

No thanks needed gogo I've been meaning to spread at least some of my lightsaber findings, and this post just happened to be it. :)

As for being a true part of rarity I can not say for certain whether color really is, or if it is mostly just my own findings(dumb luck). That said I have noticed orange seems to spawn mostly at the lower levels, if anyone has a low level blue or green by all means please speak up. x) my own shoppers have yet to hit niob so by all means anything is possible, I could be totally wrong and not even know it.

No thanks needed gogo I've been meaning to spread at least some of my lightsaber findings, and this post just happened to be it. :)

As for being a true part of rarity I can not say for certain whether color really is, or if it is mostly just my own findings(dumb luck). That said I have noticed orange seems to spawn mostly at the lower levels, if anyone has a low level blue or green by all means please speak up. x) my own shoppers have yet to hit niob so by all means anything is possible, I could be totally wrong and not even know it.

Only recently leveled my shopper to 15, and I think you're right about orange/red being more common at lower levels, think I've found about 5, and all have been red or orange (though one of the red ones looked slightly more pink/purple toward the core, not sure though). Could it also be affected by class (my shopper's an Inquisitor, not sure if other classes might have a better chance at different colors)?

I have a lightsaber that my friend gave me.

Currently using it with my Dual Wield Seraphim.

I like it as its pretty nice. Its yellow.

Only wish it would light on fire when I add the fire mod to it.

A bit off topic but in reply to an earlier post about the Blind Guardian instruments. There is a way to get a really good rift going and the sound is awesome. Most CA are single hits or like sweep only hit once the mobs in front of you. To get a great sound out of this you need a high 100% or better Chance to Hit and using a normal melée attack or a CA like the SW's frenzy that lasts for 5 seconds of animation time. With solid sure hits the series of notes that string together is awesome and the only discord is when you miss like playing guitar hero. A high chance of critical hits also helps the making of the music.

Edited by Furian67