I read an extra rune - should I start over?

Okay so I'm new to the game and I searched the forums and read the manual but I can't really find the answer to my question.

I accidentally read a combat art that I didn't want and I was wondering if I should start over? I'm only level 7 and I hate not doing things correctly so I figured I might as well start over. BUT if it's okay to have all the combat arts as long as I don't try to master them, then I wont worry about it. Can someone fill me in? I'd hate to get big and realize I messed up at level 7.

Thanks.

I dislike doing incorrect things too :)

There's no problem if you've read a rune that you aren't gonna use. Runes aren't difficult to find. Actually, you'll get quite A LOT, so don't worry.

The only real issue you have is that if you don't want the Combat Art that you ate a rune for, you will have one slot less for Arts that you do want.

If you are using only a few Combat Art's, it's no big deal.

The only real issue you have is that if you don't want the Combat Art that you ate a rune for, you will have one slot less for Arts that you do want.

If you are using only a few Combat Art's, it's no big deal.

Can you explain that a little more?

I figured the limit was just on how many points you were able to use to modify your combat arts, not a limit on the amount of combat arts you can learn? Is there a max somewhere I'm not seeing? Also, what happens when I read an art 2x? 3x? So confused.

you may learn every combat art with no penalty. You are limited to 4 or 5 (ice and blood) slots to put combat arts into to use. But you may learn every art with no penalty.

I once accidentally ate 5-10 runes on my main attack at level 70 and it still didn't ruin me.

I'm not sure I understand what dreeft meant by that, but by reading a rune for a Combat Art you don't want to use doesn't mean that you have less slots to put them in.

Perhaps he meant that if you had modded a Combat Art you don't need you have wasted away a mod point.

By memorizing more runes you increase the power of the Combat Art, but also the regeneration, so find a good balance between runes eaten and power received.

Perhaps a read through the Wiki can get you on right track regarding Combat Art's and Runes: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Combat_Arts

I'm not sure I understand what dreeft meant by that, but by reading a rune for a Combat Art you don't want to use doesn't mean that you have less slots to put them in.

Perhaps he meant that if you had modded a Combat Art you don't need you have wasted away a mod point.

By memorizing more runes you increase the power of the Combat Art, but also the regeneration, so find a good balance between runes eaten and power received.

Perhaps a read through the Wiki can get you on right track regarding Combat Art's and Runes: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Combat_Arts

Well done Spunky! :pitcher: you explained that very well.

Only way eating a rune can ruin anything is if you were playing Ice and Blood with the release version unpatched and accidentally ate 1 more rune when you were on on 199 or above. This caused a roll back to level 0 Combat Art and meant you had to start again on that Combat Art. I did this but not on my main attack.

You get so many runes that eating 1 into an attack you don't use really doesn't hurt at all. Eating an extra rune into a main attack will raise regen but you can soon catch up again.

200 is the cap with the 2.65.1 patch and doesn't roll over if you eat too many, in un-patched Ice and Blood it rolled over if you ate a rune when you had already eaten 199.

No idea, but probably not as stats can't rollover to 1(0) if you have to many.

But you can never know, but I highly doubt it.

No idea, but probably not as stats can't rollover to 1(0) if you have to many.

But you can never know, but I highly doubt it.

I can't imagin how many +Combat Art it would take to get to Combat Art level 200. my level 152 with Focus mastered and +100 All Skills and all my +Combat Art gear is only at best level 125 on Battle Stance with 200 Runes. I think it would take a lot to get to Combat Art level 200.

How many Runes did it take to get Combat Art level 200 before the add on?

That would be a question for the people who read over 1000 runes into the HE buff Grand Invigoration, since it had such a small regen penalty tied to the huge amount of runes. There must still be old characters out there with that total, I can't believe its cap would be 200 with so many read.

Edited by colif

I have a HE with 1000 runes in GI, but unfortunately I don't have Delphic Focus Mastery so I can't see how much that will boost the Combat Art level, but if I'm not completely wrong the Combat Art level is around 130.

So with mastery it could perhaps be raised to level 140-150, so I can't see how it is possible to get over level 200 at all with the huge diminishing returns when going over max allowed Combat Art level.

BTW, GI is the only Combat Art in the game that doesn't have a single negative effect on the regens.

Edited by Spunky