What weapon (and lore) to choose for Vampiress?

First, I'd like to say hi since this is my first post. Now let's get to business.

I play a perma-vamp character , and got one more skill to pick , between axe lore and sword lore.

I'm really more like a sword guy but since I always fight in vamp form I guess I can bare with an axe.

My question is , why everybody says Fadalmar's axe (complete with the 3 rings socketed) is better than the recundis sword?.

Maybe I'm missing something , but they're both 1 handed and recundis sword got more than 1000 extra damage on both min and max dmg.

Could someone guide me on the right path to become an unstoppable killing machine? Also , about the set I guess Thorwyn's is best for a perma-vamp , right?

You don't have to confine yourself to either one or the other, why not pick duel wield than use them both at the same time?

As for which armour, I always liked Defiance of the Recundis. Ok, Thorwins give you Vampirism+ and Lifeleech+, but Recundis gives you + to Parrying, Armour, Criticals, Attack and Defence. Also something rarely mentioned about these sets, It is not just the bonuses for the completed sets, each individual item in the set has its own bonuses as well. Before you make up your mind, compare these bonuses too.

Possibly if you are going to play perma-vamp, you may want to consider the E'sal Hy-Lef's Vicissitude set :- Bloodlust+, Vampire Combat Arts+, Shock+, Turn into Vampire +%. And since the set does not include a weapon or a shield, it is tailor made for duel wielding!

Edited by podgie_bear

Well , this may look a bit odd , but dual weild isn't among my choices. I mean , It simply isn't there. Maybe it's because I play sacred plus?

Forget that , also I forgot to mention that I don't use bloodlust , at all.I'm only using Attack Combat Art for now , and don't plan to invest in spells so E'sal's set is ruled out

My skills are : Weapon Lore, Vampirism , Parry , Armor , Constitution , Trade , Agility and got one last skill to choose. Haven't made my mind between sword or axe.

My questions remain the same , thanks for the feedback though!

Or take an unusual twist -- Ranged Combat and use a fully socketed Ettol bow. The opponents reduction in physical resistance is absolutely unbelievable, and it only gets better at higher difficulties. Csaszar created this beauty --" Csaszars' Unorthodox Vampire, Melee Vampire Guide" on the Sacred Wiki.

I don't know about looking at high end equipment..... BUT

The vampire has NO buff which increases chance to hit AND is totally dependent on melee.

Therefore I took sword because daggers have the most +attack out there!