Dual wield vs 1 hand with shield.

So heres what I stand now, normally on my characters if dual wield is unlocked without extra points in, I tend to place a point in, But with the new Seraphim ive created (level 30, caster) I would need to put 5 into another aspect to unlock it... (swords probably)

So my question is on a caster seraphim would the use of two skill slots be better used in other places?

Ill list my skills and levels to give you an idea where I stand now.

She also has +80 to all skills in her gear, so if some look low, thats why.

Celestial Magic Lore - 10

Reverend Technology Lore - 30

Celestial Magic Focus - 10

Reverend Technology Focus - 30

Armor Lore - 5

Warding Energy Lore - 1

Constitution - 1

And as of yet, she still has 3 more choices.

I Have bargainer/Enhanced Perception Characters, Although if I am left with an Extra Skill Slot after all is said and done, I will more than likely throw in Enhanced Perception as the last one.

She does decent damage, and takes little to no damage in return.

I haven't quite decided on Concentration yet either, although I don't see myself needing a second (or third) buff anytime soon, the - to regen times would be a great aspect to add.

Thanks in advance for all insight and help.

So my question is on a caster seraphim would the use of two skill slots be better used in other places?

Ill list my skills and levels to give you an idea where I stand now.

She also has +80 to all skills in her gear, so if some look low, thats why.

Celestial Magic Lore - 10

Reverend Technology Lore - 30

Reverend Technology Focus - 30

Armor Lore - 5

Warding Energy Lore - 1

Constitution - 1

And as of yet, she still has 3 more choices.

I Have bargainer/Enhanced Perception Characters, Although if I am left with an Extra Skill Slot after all is said and done, I will more than likely throw in Enhanced Perception as the last one.

She does decent damage, and takes little to no damage in return.

I haven't quite decided on Concentration yet either, although I don't see myself needing a second (or third) buff anytime soon, the - to regen times would be a great aspect to add.

Thanks in advance for all insight and help.

So, a short list from me (never played caster, or even a hybrid seraphim):

Combat Discipline - moar damage, rawr ;)

Concentration - you don't HAVE to use 2 buffs, and it gives the option if you need to!

Toughness - More damage mitigation

Riding - helps with regen times when you're not in caves.

Ancient Magic - not sure if seraphim can have this? Would increase damage and decrease resistances/immunities (with mastery)

I guess it would depend somewhat on how you plan to manage your regeneration times. If you are confident that the Foci and massive +allskills can handle it, then go for damage.

Hey Violent! Are you trying to build a BeeEffGee Seraphim combined with dual wield? Based upon the high amount of points your putting into Revered Tech that's what it looks like...Anyway if your tryin to build a BeeEffGee/Caster Seraphim I'd go with Sword Weapons & Shield Lore. If your tryin to be an "In Your Face"/Caster Seraphim take Tactics Lore (cus it boosts damage done with any weapon +mod points in Exalted Warrior) then Dual Wield! By the way, I do recommend you take Exalted Warrior Focus cus the Combat Arts in that Aspect like Pelting Strikes & Soul Hammer are very useful to a Dual Wield Seraphim! Anyway...hope you find the info useful & good luck!

Edited by Skylar Cb

Thanks, ok so what she is. She isnt a BeeEffGee seraphim, because I would lose the bonuses from sword/shield, im using Radiant pillar and flaring nova mainly, with Archangels wrath for some tougher enemies (Though I know somewhere down the line I will have to compromise in order to defeat most bosses). I was considering going with the exalted warrior focus as a way to compensate for the lack of "heavy hitter skills" im missing now, So if I do that, id need to use one of the three for that, and then maybe sword weapons + dual wield... so heres how I see it now.

Celestial Magic Lore - 12

Reverend Technology Lore - 31

Reverend Technology Focus - 31

Armor Lore - 5

Warding Energy Lore - 1

Constitution - 1

Sword Weapons

Dual Wield

Exalted Warrior Focus or Tactics Lore (Also with tactics lore shouldn't it help give me mod points into all aspects + exalted warrior? or am I reading into it wrong?)

If I Went this route, I want to get to Dual Wield asap. So I would take EWF or TL last.

In my original Grand Scheme of things I only wanted dual wield for Double Bonuses from weapons, I.e. - 2 officers sabers socketed with +all skills and experience per kill.

But if Im reading correctly, the next logical step is to make the two swords functional. (Which only makes sense)

Something else, If I Take Exalted Warrior I Would need the buff Correct? (Battle Stance I think) Making me need the Concentration skill also. (Which at this point seems impossible, maybe if I hadn't taken Warding Energy Lore we would be in a different situation)

Also this build is on the PS3. Dont know if that helps any or not.

P.s. - Ancient magic is not available (I Checked before I even posted XD)

Edited by ViolentR

Yeah I see where your coming from man...Anyway...here's how I see it...you don't need Sword Weapons & Dual Wield cus they are both doing the same thing...I made that mistake with my 1st Inquisitor and man was it a screw up! Oh and Tactics Lore only gives you Mod Points to "Weapon Based" Combat Art Aspects for example on a Shadow Warrior, Malevolent Champion & Death Warrior or in your case a Seraphim, Exalted Warrior or in my case...an Inquisitor, Gruesome Inquisition...get it now? Anyway man...you also don't exactly need the buff under Exalted Warrior...Battle Stance to be precise so there for you wouldn't need Concentration...Really...you should stick to my advice on the Tactics Lore then Dual Wield cus Sword Weapons is REALLY NOT needed and with that said I'll leave the 3rd skill choice up to you...Exalted Warrior Focus really ain't a bad idea either you know...I'll end this on one last note...For your idea of Sword Weapons & Dual Wield...everyone I know over Xbox Live that plays this game that's in my friend's list (roughly 30 people) that has tried Sword Weapons combined with Dual Wield has been Severely Disappointed in the results...including me cus I've accidently done this with about 2 or 3 characters before I realized it was a poor choice but you can do what you want...I'm just giving advice since that's what you asked for...Anyway good luck with the build again...hope it works out for the best!

Yeah I see where your coming from man...Anyway...here's how I see it...you don't need Sword Weapons & Dual Wield cus they are both doing the same thing...I made that mistake with my 1st Inquisitor and man was it a screw up! Oh and Tactics Lore only gives you Mod Points to "Weapon Based" Combat Art Aspects for example on a Shadow Warrior, Malevolent Champion & Death Warrior or in your case a Seraphim, Exalted Warrior or in my case...an Inquisitor, Gruesome Inquisition...get it now? Anyway man...you also don't exactly need the buff under Exalted Warrior...Battle Stance to be precise so there for you wouldn't need Concentration...Really...you should stick to my advice on the Tactics Lore then Dual Wield cus Sword Weapons is REALLY NOT needed and with that said I'll leave the 3rd skill choice up to you...Exalted Warrior Focus really ain't a bad idea either you know...I'll end this on one last note...For your idea of Sword Weapons & Dual Wield...everyone I know over Xbox Live that plays this game that's in my friend's list (roughly 30 people) that has tried Sword Weapons combined with Dual Wield has been Severely Disappointed in the results...including me cus I've accidently done this with about 2 or 3 characters before I realized it was a poor choice but you can do what you want...I'm just giving advice since that's what you asked for...Anyway good luck with the build again...hope it works out for the best!

Ok I must have misread what was said, I couldn't see my skill choices, so I can get tactics lore without sword weapons (Thus the confusion)? Then thats how I will go about it, I dont guess ill need concentration for the fact that, I can't spare the slot, and whats a bit of extra damage in comparison to living longer? But I could also cancel one or the other buffs if needed, Thanks for the advice, ill get back to it right away then.

Im Looking and thinking dual wield isnt necessary, Personally your playing caster seraphim so I'd go more defensive route and exalt warrior focus is not good IMO for a caster tactics lore gives you mod points only for EW aspect and gives greater weapon dmg output thus increasing your archangel's wrath since its based on weap dmg. and who needs shield lore when divine protection should always be on and absorbing massive dmg, toughness is great too for all channel dmg mitigation. as for weapon usage you can use 1h weapon&Shield on mobs and use your best 2h weapon on bosses good 1h weapons are tinworas curse and Nlovae's Mystery grab a safeguard or glacial defender for shields. damage lore is also great for casters as it increases your chance to burn, freeze, weaken, poison, thus greatly increasing chances for DoT on your spells and casters love DoT

Im Looking and thinking dual wield isnt necessary, Personally your playing caster seraphim so I'd go more defensive route and exalt warrior focus is not good IMO for a caster tactics lore gives you mod points only for EW aspect and gives greater weapon dmg output thus increasing your archangel's wrath since its based on weap dmg. and who needs shield lore when divine protection should always be on and absorbing massive dmg, toughness is great too for all channel dmg mitigation. as for weapon usage you can use 1h weapon&Shield on mobs and use your best 2h weapon on bosses good 1h weapons are tinworas curse and Nlovae's Mystery grab a safeguard or glacial defender for shields. damage lore is also great for casters as it increases your chance to burn, freeze, weaken, poison, thus greatly increasing chances for DoT on your spells and casters love DoT

So what your suggesting is stick to the caster (cause after all that is what I made her for) and instead of dual wield, take tactics lore (Just hit 35 and had already put it on before I even looked).

So past 35 im looking like this.

Tactics lore

Toughness

Damage lore

?

Or am I missing something?

shield lore

combat discipline

toughness

Archangel's wrath would only use the left hand weapon anyway. So you can use a single weapon and a shield. Socket the shield with damage x-x and you are close to a two-handed weapon.

Archangel's wrath wouldn't use doublehits from a weapon mastery.

Archangel's wrath will use x% life leech (8 piece celestial set) and can trigger regeneration per hit.

Archangel's wrath wouldn't use the attack speed from a weapon lore.

Archangel's wrath has a buildin hit chance which is not shown in the tooltipp, similiar to magic coup. (see gogo's chance to hit calculator in the general guide section).

Archangel's wrath gets no damage boost from tactics.

To fight with Nova's you have to stay in the horde of enemies, so going a bit more towards defense might be good.Combat discipline boosts all your damage, freeing some sockets to boost energy shield points.

But I don't play Console and I don't know how much of my Seraphim can be moved to a console (I had ancient magic instead toughness, but socketed 2 artamarks). Also I don't know how good archangel's wrath fits with the autotargetting on consoles. I modified it for double-shots and explosions and used it at point blank range. The first hit normally triggered deathblow for the second of the double-shots.

Idea is to recharge a combination with pillars and/or nova's with archangel's wrath triggering regeneration per hit.

Edited by chattius