Question about Dual Wield and a weapon lore

I asked this on SIF but I will ask here too. I suspect I know the answer already.

We all should know that in most cases taking these two is a bad thing to do, but I have a question. Say you have a low level dual wield and high level sword lore, does the sword lore over ride the dual wield in the case of max level weapon you can use or do you miss out the minute you equip 2 weapons? Or is it split so that sword can be high level in 1 hand but not in other?

This is just a hypothetical, I have the opposite. level 75 DW & level 20 Sword lore, just curious if its useful to raise sword lore to boost max sword value. I only have both lores as I made one of these but as usual (for me) her shopping is low still. I prefer to kill rather than shop.

If you have high dual wielding you can equip these high level swords already( they may look unequippable, but they are if you equip them right into some s-dual wield situation. (I think it was like that anyway, been a while since I used dual wield).

Colif I haven't tested this. But I think if you have 2 weapons equipped dual wield determines the level of weapon you may use. Not sure if that can make a weapon pop out of slots.

again I have NOT tested.

Curious now how much the weapon lore affects the level of weapons you can equip, the wiki mentions both do increase it but they don't spell out exactly how many skill points you need to boost the level. I suspect its every 5 skill points = 1 level raised above your level. My seraphim can use level 105 Dual wielding anything & same in sword lore (but as Dw is at Mastery & sword lore is level 20 with bonuses, I can't really test it). It would be interesting to see what happens.

Weapon Lore doesnt determine what you can equip, it determines your chance to hit and attack speed :D

It does determine the level of the weapon you equip though. If your dw score is lower than your sword lore, the minute you equip 2 weapons your max level weapon you can equip drops and you would need to use lower level weapons to use 2. I know this as I see it in reverse on my seraphim, if she swaps here two Khandar's Slicers out, her max level in swords drops about 20 lvls below what her dw max level is. True, the swords I have are socketed so the bonus is more than 14 lvls

Really good reason to choose DW first and another weapon lore second, if you ever intend to use 2 weapons and have the weapon bonuses active (as that is all you get from 2 weapon lores).

• 2 weeks later...

Dual wield and weapon lore mastery both give a % chance for double hits, is this not another incentive to have both at mastery level? The chance to double hit stacks doesnt it?

No because double hit mastery bonus does not work on combat arts :) Sad but true... Not sure if it stacks even if you want to make a left clicker build.

Think it'd be better to only take 1 point in a weapon lore and put of your other points in DW, think it says that DW bonuses override similar weapon lore bonuses while you're dual wielding (although you need the weapon lore to get the modifiers working). So while dual wielding your attack speed item level, etc. are determined by your DW skill.