Sacred 2 for PC?!

I'm not fixed on buying this yet for 2 or 3 reasons & maybe more!

1) I'm not sure if it requires a seperate online subscription to play online with on the PC! Can someone please tell me yes or no whether it does or does not require a seperate subscription!?!? (I assume this cus everything costs $$$ nowadays!)

2) Excuse me if "hell" is a bad word but...Where in the hell can I get the Gold Edition of Sacred 2 without having to pay British money to download it or without going to the store and them saying, "Sorry this game is discontinued, please visit our store 150 miles from here to see if they have it!"? The last comment was a little bit of an exaggeration but this is driving me insane cus as far as I know I can't get my hands on this game...somebody please help!

3) Is it a whole lot better than the console cus right now my dad's really picky about me putting games on the PC!?!? It would have to be alot less glitchy than the console version for my dad to let me even consider putting it on what he calls my "College Computer" which is actually set up to be a gaming computer!

So...with all these questions...I sorta have 2 more...

4) Is there online voice chat? Like headsets that let you communicate with one another?! Cus sending messages back & forth via the in game server would be really annoying to me cus I'm not the best "typer"!

Last but not least...if you guys can answer all these questions positively...(Repeat of Question 3) Is it really really worth getting? If so...do some of you guys think you could help me out a little bit if I do decide to pick it up? On a side note...As I said before I'm NOT 100% Dead Certain I'm gonna pick it up...This is info that will help me make a decision...or not...

Skylar Cb

1) I'm not sure if it requires a seperate online subscription to play online with on the PC! Can someone please tell me yes or no whether it does or does not require a separate subscription!?!? (I assume this cus everything costs $$$ nowadays!)

There is no subscription fee to play online. ;)

2) Excuse me if "hell" is a bad word but...Where in the hell can I get the Gold Edition of Sacred 2 without having to pay British money to download it or without going to the store and them saying, "Sorry this game is discontinued, please visit our store 150 miles from here to see if they have it!"? The last comment was a little bit of an exaggeration but this is driving me insane cus as far as I know I can't get my hands on this game...somebody please help!

Paying in british pounds is easier than it may seem. a credit card or paypal is the easiest. I have seen the UK version of FA and Ice and Blood on Ebay.

3) Is it a whole lot better than the console cus right now my dad's really picky about me putting games on the PC!?!? It would have to be alot less glitchy than the console version for my dad to let me even consider putting it on what he calls my "College Computer" which is actually set up to be a gaming computer!

There have been many patches to fix known error is the game since the console version was ported. however consoles are known and fixed hardware sets, everybody's PC is got different hardware/software so glitches and bugs are a case by case basis. there are few known bugs that hit us all from time to time. many we have fixes for right here on FDM

4) Is there online voice chat? Like headsets that let you communicate with one another?! Cus sending messages back & forth via the in game server would be really annoying to me cus I'm not the best "typer"!

Sacred 2 has only a chat box for text. However the game is supported by Xfire. And I have heard of some players using the voice chat from xfire.

Last but not least...if you guys can answer all these questions positively...(Repeat of Question 3) Is it really really worth getting? If so...do some of you guys think you could help me out a little bit if I do decide to pick it up? On a side note...As I said before I'm NOT 100% Dead Certain I'm gonna pick it up...This is info that will help me make a decision...or not...

IMO is is a very different experience than Console. there are pros and cons:

Pros

1. the graphics with a good gaming computer are superior to Console

2. The Ice and Blood add on brought many much need balancing updates that make the game less "beatable" far more challenging and imo the re-play value is higher

3. The online community here at FDM is the best bunch of people I have ever played with online in any game.

4. its free to play online

Cons

1. you have learn to play keyboard and mouse. your thumbs will take a break for a while. :whistle:

2. there is more I just can't think of them atm.

2. a good gaming computer is a far bit more expensive than a Console

To add a couple of thoughts...

The Gold Edition is only available in Europe. (Rather, it never saw a Stateside release, so you'd be buying the UK version if you went with Gold.) If you only want Fallen Angel, you can get it via Amazon or the like. This is why the cost of the Gold Edition is in pounds.

I assume both Skype and Ventrilo would work while playing (though anyone you play with would need to be using the same program). There are probably other programs that would allow voice chat while playing.

1) I'm not sure if it requires a seperate online subscription to play online with on the PC! Can someone please tell me yes or no whether it does or does not require a seperate subscription!?!? (I assume this cus everything costs $$$ nowadays!)

1) Sacred 2 is not a MMORPG, but a RPG with multiplayer support. You only pay for the game and that's it. No monthly fee or something like that, just a one time payment just like any other game in the store

2) Amazon has the gold edition. http://www.amazon.com/Sacred-2-Fallen-Ange...2299&sr=1-6

and I think other stores may also have it.

3) Well, there are more possibilities. At least you can run mods and can modify the game yourself. Also you can patch the game. With the console you're more or less sticked to what you have bought.

4) As far as I know not in the game itself. You can run third party programs like Teamspeak or Xfire to use voicechat.

In case of your last question: it depends of what you expect. I would say it is worth to get it. You get an open world with alot of possibilities, six unique characters, tons of quests, enemies and items and hours of gameplay. Keep in mind it is a hack & slash game, so don't be surprised if you run into lots of enemies. It is not something like The Elder Scrolls or The Witcher or Drakensang, but more in the direction of Diablo.

Here is a gameplay video, probably posted by one of the admins of this site.

And here on Darkmatters there are people who can help you. There are already some good guides written down here and next to that you have the wiki.