Booster slots?

After looking threw the queen of blades build I seen a link to making the best booster slot items. (although the link "does not exist")

Mentioned before was socketing +battle stance rings and runes into weapons and armor, other than the obvious, how does this work? Wouldnt it still raise the - combat arts times, I havent done much research into this at all, but I just placed a +10 to all combat arts in a weapon, and instead of keeping my cast times steady or increased by a small margain, it almost doubled them, wouldnt putting runes in do the same thing?

Thanks.

After looking threw the queen of blades build I seen a link to making the best booster slot items. (although the link "does not exist")

Mentioned before was socketing +battle stance rings and runes into weapons and armor, other than the obvious, how does this work? Wouldnt it still raise the - combat arts times, I havent done much research into this at all, but I just placed a +10 to all combat arts in a weapon, and instead of keeping my cast times steady or increased by a small margain, it almost doubled them, wouldnt putting runes in do the same thing?

Thanks.

Raising the Combat Art level by socketing, has 1/2 the regen penalty of reading runes. so at lower levels when regens are an issue you can raise Combat Arts slightly without killing your regens, and if you do raise the regens too far, you can always remove the runes from the sockets. you can't unread a rune.

+all Combat Art rings and ammys are good for this too. you can always take them off.

Thanks.

Raising the Combat Art level by socketing, has 1/2 the regen penalty of reading runes. so at lower levels when regens are an issue you can raise Combat Arts slightly without killing your regens, and if you do raise the regens too far, you can always remove the runes from the sockets. you can't unread a rune.

+all Combat Art rings and ammys are good for this too. you can always take them off.

Ok so say now I've got 2 swords with +12 battle stance each, so 24 total, id take the penalty of. 12 full runes?

Precasting was also mentioned(?), my initial thought was you could cast the buff with one set and swap to the other set for whatever reasons without losing the benefits of a higher buff, but I assume I'm wrong

Yes what you are doing is precasting. But the utility or use of precasting depends on how long the spell you want to cast is and what it's used for.

Think there different times for spells

Long

Medium

Short

Short is like Darting Assault for Dryad... fractions of femto seconds each blast. No real benefit for precasting.

Medium...well it depends on how good your gear is and how fast you're skilled at dancing with the keys. I myself do use the same slot for med level casting as I do for my initial casting of buffs.

You want to cast all your buffs at the highest level you can...most efficient actually. Juse because a buff is a higher level does not mean it's most efficient. Keep your point on your buff regens to see which of your wep slots gives you the best efficiency.

That's your casting slot.

Cast high for your buffs... the level of the buffs will remain with you as you switch to your other weapon slots for normal fighting.

:)

gogo

Yes what you are doing is precasting. But the utility or use of precasting depends on how long the spell you want to cast is and what it's used for.

Think there different times for spells

Long

Medium

Short

Short is like Darting Assault for Dryad... fractions of femto seconds each blast. No real benefit for precasting.

Medium...well it depends on how good your gear is and how fast you're skilled at dancing with the keys. I myself do use the same slot for med level casting as I do for my initial casting of buffs.

You want to cast all your buffs at the highest level you can...most efficient actually. Juse because a buff is a higher level does not mean it's most efficient. Keep your point on your buff regens to see which of your wep slots gives you the best efficiency.

That's your casting slot.

Cast high for your buffs... the level of the buffs will remain with you as you switch to your other weapon slots for normal fighting.

:tease:

gogo

okay thanks. Now at least I know keeping all those low level items with high sockets wouldnt go to waste XD.

That booster slot strategy does not work for console. I tried having +24 to Levin Array on one weapon set, and when it was cast at that high level, it had regen time about 20 seconds. Switching to low-level Levin Array setup (regen time ~5 seconds) did not change the regeneration time of the highly-cast Array... sad times.

For buffs, it works beautifully; I haven't needed to read a rune into a buff in a loooooooooooooong time. I usually keep 2-4 pieces of armour as well as a weapon set for pre-casting my buff(s). This I refer to as a buff suit, and needs some balancing between boosting the buff levels, and some +Combat Art skills/allskills to help raise the levels of the Focus as well.

That booster slot strategy does not work for console. I tried having +24 to Levin Array on one weapon set, and when it was cast at that high level, it had regen time about 20 seconds. Switching to low-level Levin Array setup (regen time ~5 seconds) did not change the regeneration time of the highly-cast Array... sad times.

For buffs, it works beautifully; I haven't needed to read a rune into a buff in a loooooooooooooong time. I usually keep 2-4 pieces of armour as well as a weapon set for pre-casting my buff(s). This I refer to as a buff suit, and needs some balancing between boosting the buff levels, and some +Combat Art skills/allskills to help raise the levels of the Focus as well.

Ok, sounds good, I just redid my buff weapons and made them +25 (Each) all combat skills, so I should be okay for awhile to come yet.

Thanks.