Re-examining BFG mods

claudius

It seems to me everyone takes the damage mods on BFG... This seems rationale for a build that uses passive skills/buffs and left clicks and no combat arts hardly (or at less powerful levels)

2 types of questions...

1 What do the numbers in the wiki mean?

at 200 CA level (we could never attain that CA level even capped out at 200 runes ate) the wiki says both damage mods together give 16 + 4 *200 = 960 damage....

Thats a lot considering it is multiplied by gear and dexterity bonus...

Question: is that accurate?

at 200 CA level (''''''') the wiki says we get 100% + 200 x5% = 1100% recharge... Ok that can't be right what do we really get? How much buff penalty with 200 runes ate with battery (recharge mods) versus damage mod.....

2 Second type of question.... Aside from what the wiki says about what is actually happening... Is there any virtue in taking 1 or 2 recharge mods for a build that wants to use ACTIVE combat arts such as radiant pillar (debuff) hallowed restoration (protection) divine protection (protection) nova (weaken in a combo) Archangel (spammage though much slower animation)

I would assume you'd either need play experience or knowledge of question 1 to answer question 2.... Please indicate so if you are just guessing.

Battery mods are good for the pure revered caster seraphim in order to lower the regen time from buffs. Since BFG is pretty much the highest damaging weapon in the game, archangel's wrath will greatly benefit from it with the battery mod.

it's hard to say how much the recharge time is. 1100% seems accurate, but:

- it's reduced by armor lore

- it's reduced by stamina

- it's reduced by concentration (if you pick it, but if you go for BFG, you will)

- it's reduced by revered focus

so it's hard to make a good analysis on the regen time. I've given up a year ago trying to figure out the regen times and so on. This is why I use the simply rule: improve when you can afford it :crazy:

OH, since you wanted to indicate if this is playing experience - in my case, yes. But be aware of you go for BFG for a caster build, you'll have to squeeze in concentration in the build and get it to 75 hard points by level 75 if you go for 3 buffs, otherwise 1 point is enough. That's not easy, mind you. Since in a caster build you'll want:

- Revered Lore + focus (2)

- Celestial Lore + focus (4)

- Armor lore (5)

- Constitution (just in case) - (6)

- Ancient Magic (for damage, since only AW works with deathblow) - (7)

- Combat discipline - (8)

- Warding Lore (9) - WE buff is nothing without this

I guess you'll have to loose Toughness for Concentration. Since I play HC mostly, I wouldn't do that but... It's down to personal preference :)

Edited by Dobri

Thanks! I think it will work I was just wondering if I am nuts not to take damage mods on BFG...

I think I'm just going to use Celestial Focus and use pillar as a debuff. Hallowed still gives a nice anti DOT effect and decent regeneration without lore. Celestial brilliance would still be worth modding for use against bosses who laugh at warding energy.. hmmm well 2/3 isn't bad in any case..

I'm going to try damage lore to pump out some serious damage and focus with archangel to really thrash champs bosses... non-champions (rank and file) I'll probably use left clicks + tactics (also to mod battle stance)...