When Purple Enemies Suddenly Spawn--

Four times now I have experienced nasty shocks.

Purple nasty shocks.

Purple nasty shocks in groups.

The first time was when pursuing the Undead Legion Quest Chain. Underground in Thylisium, you have to defeat 3 Lichs. I had defeated them all, and had seen there was one last room before the exit. This was my first time through the game, so I didn't know that I had come to the edge of an area. This cave is a link between Thylisium (low level area) and the Desert (mid-range level area). The enemies had been my level, then they jumped to 50% above my char level, and there was a mixed group. A Lich Mage, a Centurion, and some support undead.

Twice more I've run into the group in the same spot that jumped levels like that.

The other time, was in the Quest for the Octogolamus... in the cave where your orc mage drains the lake the Octo has been living in... I suspect that is also the edge of region.

So: If your enemies spawn in your region, you get enemy levels you expect, if they spawn in the adjacent region... You get... The Purple Express!

Any thoughts?

I've notice the Octo goblin cave issue very often as I run the main quest alot. Nothing to notice on silve when you SUrvival Bonus is low but up on platnium and niob it gets very purple. But good news is that I haven't witnessed these mobs as being of the purple mob difficulty. Oh and the same sort of thing happens in the cave tunnel at the great wall.

... Oh and the same sort of thing happens in the cave tunnel at the great wall.

Is the great wall the Thylisium cave at the Naval Port? If not, which regions does it straddle? (If it straddles regions.)

... Oh and the same sort of thing happens in the cave tunnel at the great wall.

Is the great wall the Thylisium cave at the Naval Port? If not, which regions does it straddle? (If it straddles regions.)

The wall between elf and human regions. on Light camp you go through the cave to the east of the portal.

It's probably just me, but I still don't get the purple thing... maybe that Furian just confused me!

I had always taken the "purples" to be elites... a champion's champion if you will... I call them super-champions... but on console I haven't seen any purple enemies per se, these bad boys appear the same as a "regular" champion.

I've notice the Octo goblin cave issue very often as I run the main quest alot. Nothing to notice on silve when you SUrvival Bonus is low but up on platnium and niob it gets very purple. But good news is that I haven't witnessed these mobs as being of the purple mob difficulty. Oh and the same sort of thing happens in the cave tunnel at the great wall.

So... a purple is a high-level enemy... or is it kinda like the "threat factor" white=chump, red=tough, purple=run?

EDIT: is the purple the colour of the enemy or the threat circle?

Edited by essjayehm

The different colors show how much levels it is between you and the enemy, purple would mean something like 30-40 above yours(atleast according to what I see with my SW's, and the spawned TG's at the great machine that spawns 38 levels higher than me).

Edited by Spunky
It's probably just me, but I still don't get the purple thing... maybe that Furian just confused me!

I had always taken the "purples" to be elites... a champion's champion if you will... I call them super-champions... but on console I haven't seen any purple enemies per se, these bad boys appear the same as a "regular" champion.

So... a purple is a high-level enemy... or is it kinda like the "threat factor" white=chump, red=tough, purple=run?

The purple threat circles also only appear on the PC I think, post Ice and Blood even.(not 100%sure though)

My purples were....hmmm... (IIRC)

goblins level 28, with char level 22 (in Octogolamus cave)

lich level 18, with char level 12 (in Thylisium Naval Dungeon that leads to Desert)

...and yes, they were purple threat circles below the opponents...

The purple threat circles also only appear on the PC I think, post Ice and Blood even.(not 100%sure though)

You are correct the purple ring came to us on PC With the Ice & Blood expansion. On Xbox and Ps3 you will only see them as red. Very important that you watch for the level on them when the mobs around you start going all red. I remember getting laid out first time Loco and I jioned up in niobium on the Xbox. I got one shoted as soon as we ported into the jungle. I didnt realize the level differance. Everything was red... big deal. Then I saw that their level was 30 above me. Then Death hit me.

On Console you will rarely run into over leveled monsters. the 10 level gap for online servers will keep things very close to your level. On PC is where you can join a server with level 100 and level 1 on the same server and the level 1 could run into level 52 HE's at the muggers quest by the observatory.

console went from white - green- yellow- red

With Ice and Blood, we will rarely see white or green and yellow is a gradient now that transforms in shades from yellow - orange - red - purple. And purple usually means danger!

With Ice and Blood, we will rarely see white or green and yellow is a gradient now that transforms in shades from yellow - orange - red - purple. And purple usually means danger!

My bronze experience (since I'm slow to move out of areas, and tend to do lots of quests) is yellows which taper into greens and whites... really indicating it's time to drop the current quests and head to more dangerous waters.

Which is why going from yellow enemies to purple (big jump) is so startling and dangerous for me on the Undead Quest Chain. The geographic area min limit of 18 for the desert hits very hard--particularly when it is a group that spawns there with 2 champions (at least).

Edited by FrostElfGuard