Famous or Infamous

Have you ever wondered if you would get your 15 minutes of fame? Of course we know that most people will never have heard of us, but how do you feel if you suddenly find yourself immortalised?

I was quite happily playing Sacred 2 and decided to do the chicken quest (graveyard north of Thylisium) and was collecting dropped loot, when I accidentally clicked on a grave and was shocked to find that it was my own! :bow:

It was my actual vampiress character from Sacred Underworld and was actually labelled 'Podgiebear vampiress'.

Now I know that this is hardly grounds for claiming to be famous, but imagine my shock on finding myself standing on my own grave, hardcoded into a game that is sold worldwide! I am not surprised to find people like Caroline Hacker included, but had no reason to suspect that my name would be included in the game. Now I feel quite honoured to know I can go there and see it anytime that I want, :) but the shock of finding it that first time darn near gave me a heart attack.

Edited by podgie_bear

What an honor!

I guess you should laugh a little. The shock of finding a street sign with your name on it would not have been nearly as dramatic, but then not as humorous (in a sacred kind of way).

You have been immortalized! Congrats!

nice find :bow: famous, dead or alive... gz!

edit:

but,

isn't it "OMG - I'm mortalized" instead of "WEE - immortalized ..since its a grave :)

Edited by Rotluchs

That whole graveyard is full of the graves of people that I was playing online with, which is nice. I just hope that they all find their 'little bit of history' as well.

And it is nice to realise that my 'mortal remains' have become my 'immortal legacy' :unsure:

Very dry lol

The thing is, some people have more than 1 grave, so reincarnation exists in Sacred or (probably more likely) the general populace has a complete lack of imagination when it comes to names, and use the same names over and over, so it wasn't really the same person each time. Sometimes they don't manage to bury the entire body either:

foundgogocr.jpg

Wow thats so cool can u give me the exact spot so I can go and see if for myself.

gogo's pants are right below the primary kobold camp. Refer to the Kobold Chieftain quest within Sloeford. Another clue to finding this particular grave. There is a cave near by...once in the cave, if you venture far enough into it...you will basically be under where you would battle the Cheiftain.

P.S.- within Ancaria you will find many graves with the same names associated to a specific person. Personally I have discovered 3x gogo gravesites. And a whopping 4x Schot 6 footers.

The question I have to ask myself is: "The stories attached to the name. ie: gogo's pants, schots whiskey." These must be Legendary! But, alas, no mention of the story. Although I know some here know these stories.

O' please do share...perhaps over a cup of joe? :)

I remain, Etherian

Congratulations on finding your own grave! lol

It really is cool to be just wandering about... and find people who's nick's you know put into the game! Even more exciting when it turns out to be you yourself!

Gratz!

Wow thats so cool can u give me the exact spot so I can go and see if for myself.

gogo's pants are right below the primary kobold camp. Refer to the Kobold Chieftain quest within Sloeford. Another clue to finding this particular grave. There is a cave near by...once in the cave, if you venture far enough into it...you will basically be under where you would battle the Cheiftain.

P.S.- within Ancaria you will find many graves with the same names associated to a specific person. Personally I have discovered 3x gogo gravesites. And a whopping 4x Schot 6 footers.

The question I have to ask myself is: "The stories attached to the name. ie: gogo's pants, schots whiskey." These must be Legendary! But, alas, no mention of the story. Although I know some here know these stories.

O' please do share...perhaps over a cup of joe? :)

I remain, Etherian

Indeed, I've just made coffee and, having seen that grave for gogo, am very curious about the stories attached to those graves.