Couch co-op free mode

My friend and I have been playing this game straight for the past few days and just last night encountered a problem when we tried offline free mode. We both joined, but only the person who got the killing blow received experience for the mob. This isn't a problem in campaign mode, just OFFLINE FREE MODE. Really frustrating please help!

Also, I have already tried inviting him to my party, but this section is greyed out in offline free mode.

Also, we are using one gold account and one silver account on xbox 360.

Edited by bquigs

What it is is that you guys have to be in the same party & if you're playing offline free world you can't do that...If you have access to a Gold XBL account try hosting an "Online" game & then bring up the Start menu when both of you guys are in & then switch his party via the server options menu...And by the way, I just remembered that this requires 2 Gold XBL accounts so pretty much your out of luck unless your buddy gets onto Live...My only recommendation is stick to Campaign until you get the Live issue worked out...

But you would think that in offline coop you would be automatically placed in the same party since you can't leave each others sides.

Hmm, this has happened to me on random occasions when playing couch co-op as well. For random moments only one of the players would be receiving the experience, while the second player received nothing. This bug only happens to me when the character level is different for the players. If you are both the same level, it seems to award the experience properly. I would like to see if anyone knows any hard facts about this bug.

It's not actually a bug but rather an ingenious game mechanic, the idea, prevent power leveling. It seems the offline mode is more of a contribution based experience system, that is if a player contributes to the kill they get experience appropriate for their level. Hence my level 1 redshirt can't get 8000 experience if I kill a high level champion in platinum/niob, he'll only get about 64. Killing blow has nothing to do with it, all you need to do is hit them once and you'll get full experience for contributing. So tell your buddy to focus on the same monsters you're hitting and you should do likewise.

My belief is that the developers realized there was a ridiculous potential for getting a level 1 to level 200 in short order if there was another 200 around killing niobium class monsters, hence if the level 1 doesn't at least hit them, he gets no experience, and even if he does, he only gets a level based amount.

With that in mind there are some other things that can be done that are quite amusing, for example having a low level shadow warrior stay invisible with shadow veil and have his skeletons farm monsters for you or tackle bosses more easily. Afterall who doesn't want a bit more firepower in the mix? For the last few hours actually I've been using a level 1 inquisitor to simply stun lock bosses for me to make my trip through silver/gold that much easier. Whether he lives or dies is irrelevant his purpose is simply, stun them, so I can kill them without an issue. Cheap, very, amusing, even more so ^.^

It's not actually a bug but rather an ingenious game mechanic, the idea, prevent power leveling. It seems the offline mode is more of a contribution based experience system, that is if a player contributes to the kill they get experience appropriate for their level. Hence my level 1 redshirt can't get 8000 experience if I kill a high level champion in platinum/niob, he'll only get about 64. Killing blow has nothing to do with it, all you need to do is hit them once and you'll get full experience for contributing. So tell your buddy to focus on the same monsters you're hitting and you should do likewise.

My belief is that the developers realized there was a ridiculous potential for getting a level 1 to level 200 in short order if there was another 200 around killing niobium class monsters, hence if the level 1 doesn't at least hit them, he gets no experience, and even if he does, he only gets a level based amount.

With that in mind there are some other things that can be done that are quite amusing, for example having a low level shadow warrior stay invisible with shadow veil and have his skeletons farm monsters for you or tackle bosses more easily. Afterall who doesn't want a bit more firepower in the mix? For the last few hours actually I've been using a level 1 inquisitor to simply stun lock bosses for me to make my trip through silver/gold that much easier. Whether he lives or dies is irrelevant his purpose is simply, stun them, so I can kill them without an issue. Cheap, very, amusing, even more so ^.^

See the only thing here is your completely wrong. We are equal level and do similar damage and tried it out on a single boss mob 3 different times. We smashed on him throughout the entire fight then one of us finished him off and got the xp. Did it again the other person finished him off and got the xp. Im guessing its just them not wanting people to power level unless they buy a gold account which fixes everything gg.

See the only thing here is your completely wrong. We are equal level and do similar damage and tried it out on a single boss mob 3 different times. We smashed on him throughout the entire fight then one of us finished him off and got the xp. Did it again the other person finished him off and got the xp. Im guessing its just them not wanting people to power level unless they buy a gold account which fixes everything gg.

It must be a console difference then, as on ps3 it works exactly as I said it does, in fact I leveled my little redshirt inquisitor to 10 only off the bosses he helped me fight(none of which he even remotely killed), for no reason whatsoever did he get any experience for any other monster unless he helped kill it. So I am right, just not on your console. :D

As far as power leveling I still sincerely doubt you'll be able to even do so gold account or no, but are welcome to try with two gold accounts or w/e you silly xbox users have to pay for, hehe, free on psn for life. =) gg