Changing the way we look at focus skills

To piggy back what Loco just said I stop a skill at mastery to get another one going because like what Gogo said the higher in level we get the slower it comes. So with that in mind I will get my survivability skills to mastery first then I'll start working the nice flash and bang skills after because by that time it's taking awhile to get that level.

HOT TOPIC :drinks: How a squirrel runs to an acorn.

This is by far the most interesting and helpful thread I have read thus far as ingame dynamics are concerned. *Build guides aside* I may be out of line here...but...in my eyes this little piece of mind candy deserves a pinned nomination.

The moth that burns half as long burns twice as bright!

^^^Genius^^^

I remain, Etherian

HOT TOPIC :drinks: How a squirrel runs to an acorn.

This is by far the most interesting and helpful thread I have read thus far as ingame dynamics are concerned. *Build guides aside* I may be out of line here...but...in my eyes this little piece of mind candy deserves a pinned nomination.

The moth that burns half as long burns twice as bright!

^^^Genius^^^

I remain, Etherian

Ditto pin it as this thread has changed my thinking also.

I'll slide in answers in red

Perhaps I can become unconfused here.

When you master a skill... you get a skill bonus. Yes, a bonus is given when you reach Mastery. Explaintions of the bonuses are in the wiki.

When you add more levels (past mastery) in that skill, you get a 'renewed' value per skill level... such that there still is benefit from adding points to the skill. short answer - yes.

The reason someone might not want to add more skill points beyond mastery is

a) +X all skills from armour gives you the boost #1 reason, yes!

b) completing more masteries is more important for the the big bump each one provides yes

Once masteries are all made, then you're out of skill points. NO!! Loco's comment about 10th mastery at level 166, means that your skill point allocation (hard points) will have each skill @75, and a couple of points leftover. You still get 5 skill points per level from 167-200, spend them wisely

Is that how things are? Did I get unconfused? :P

Less :(?

So the exaple I gave earlier, I had 2 hard points in GI focus, and 25 in AS focus, which I then bumped to 75 when I reached level 75. I had +68 from allskills and ca skills, and the differences were: MCALWP is Maximum Combat Art Level Without Penalty

2 hard points (level 70): -62.7% regeneration time, MCALWP 41

25 hard points (93): -69.5% regen, MCALWP 49

75 hard points (143): -76.0% regen, MCALWP 60.

So I saw that there was a 20-level difference, and I thought... that's a lot! So I fiddled around with rune munching, looking at the increases in damage, regen time... etc. I eventually concluded that it's probably best to put points elsewhere; since my CA damage was fine anyway, and my defenses and Chance to Hit needed some work.

"Blink" Lights on :(. We got another one thinking outside the box. Welcome to the new world. :pitcher:

Edited by Furian67
  • 7 months later...

I totally agree gogo. My smith leveled to 140 which was very fun. Then I used the developer quest with shadow veil running through spiders and ground that for like 6 hours a day 3 days a week over a month. I did get a 180 toon but it was ultra boring. The only thing that kept me going was Etherian always getting ahead of me hehe.

I am also my new thing is to play untwinked which is why I am playing single player. Nobody to play with who is also untwinked. The nice thing about untwinked is it gives the game a freshness. It seems awesome when you unlock gold and get new items rather than having niob jewels and smith arts from the start. When a good item drops it is very exciting. Twinked people only get excited if a legendary drops, and usually only a 'good' legendary. Anyhow thats what I am doing now when I am not playing TQ underlord mod which is very cool.