Forgot how good this game is

I have had a longggggg break from playing this game, so I started a new game and its all jst come back to me how amazing the gameplay is and how huge the world is :D

Id like to have a few more friends play along with me sometime so add my gamer tag: Sarah Dohertyy

There are periods of time where the game can get to me, this is when I run off to the forum and just post a bit, maybe watch a few movies... then a few hours later I'm addicted again :D

Funny thing is, I've never really been to into the quests, but the builds...

" I see Builds Everywhere"

Keep having fun, and I'm hoping you will meet up with some more consolers.

Cheers

:)

gogo

I took about a 1 month break to play and beat Final Fantasy XIII, the depth and replay value of that game is laughable compared to Sacred 2. In that one month I've done just about everything that I can possibly do on FFXIII, while after months of playing Sacred 2 I feel as though I've just barely scratched the surface. So many different types of builds that I haven't tried yet, so many items, quests, and new areas still out there to explore...

Such a shame that this game was given relatively poor reviews by gaming sites, it is such a rich game once you get the hang of it. It seemed a lot of them gave up on it after a short while of play (as I came close to doing myself when I first tried this game!). Funny, one reviewer said that he used his special skill and a huge demon appeared and then killed him...he then popped out the cd. Lol.

I took about a 1 month break to play and beat Final Fantasy XIII, the depth and replay value of that game is laughable compared to Sacred 2. In that one month I've done just about everything that I can possibly do on FFXIII, while after months of playing Sacred 2 I feel as though I've just barely scratched the surface. So many different types of builds that I haven't tried yet, so many items, quests, and new areas still out there to explore...

Such a shame that this game was given relatively poor reviews by gaming sites, it is such a rich game once you get the hang of it. It seemed a lot of them gave up on it after a short while of play (as I came close to doing myself when I first tried this game!). Funny, one reviewer said that he used his special skill and a huge demon appeared and then killed him...he then popped out the cd. Lol.

Loved the read, thank you. I don't think I'll get tired of people comparing this game to other games out there regarding this depth. It puts the Sacred franchise in a league of it's own regarding value. We all know that people play mmorpg's many thousands and thousands of hours. But a Stand alone, like Sacred 2... able to keep people up late into the next morning...with supplied, paid for servers and this huge depth of builds? Draw back... the bugs. It's the depth of this game, it's ability to keep getting me to ask questions, and the Sacred franchises's quest to imitate life through game choices that make you sweat, no respecs and and delicious game mechanics that has kept me enthralled for years now.

And who knows...maybe the bugs add that extra realism that imitates life's little surprises? :wow:

I don't think I'll ever be bored of this game. Already finished demo.

Downloading the actual game NOW!

Great news to hear Ethan!

Errr.... how many more weeks to school?

:woot:

gogo

yeah I cant understand why most gamesites have gave sacred two such bad reviews I think from the moment you press start the game is great. They didnt give the game enough time I suppose.

I watched alot of reviews on youtube for sacred two and it has done really well, it was the youtube reviews that made me want to buy this game in the first place.

My most replayable game has to be final fantasy IX, one of the best rpgs I have ever played!

Sacred 2 gets dismissed as a good game quite often. It's surprising, given that skill choices and CAs alone offer a wide array of playstyle customization options between each character. Who doesn't want to just blow through mobs on PS3 for a paltry sum of $20 USD? I think that alone makes this game a great buy and great entertainment (not to mention listening to the SW's dialogue). All this talk about Sacred 2 makes me want to play it... NOW.

Edited by Bleak_Advent

I got this game for 30$ US a while back, and I think this game might have better replay value than any RPG I have ever played. I have long since got my money's worth from this game many times over. The cooperative mode is what puts this game over the top though. How many RPGs of this size have you ever played that allowed for a full cooperative experience like this game? I don't know about the PC, but nothing like that exists on the Xbox.

I'm pretty sure they don't want games as deep as this for PC. I was conjecturing a while back that mot console games have built in life time. I think with their planning, it's more of a money maker to keep having customer's buy more games faster and faster. I had brought this up regarding Border Wars... supposed to be the game changer...and it just fizzled out.

Who will give love to Borderlands?

:D

gogo

I'm really enjoying the PS3 version of Sacred 2 but it's not without its faults. So far I've had a few occasions where the game would freeze after selling too many items - literally spamming the spell button does this I've discovered.

Just went and ordered the Gold Edition for PC instead and am looking forward to the Fire & Blood expansion.

Hmm the game has never froze on me from selling items quickly. The area that freezes the game for me 100% of the time though is in Grunwald, east of the cave where the dragon is and west of the forest on the left side of the Grunwald Temple of the Gods. If you play on PS3 do NOT try to explore this area... if you are feeling adventurous and want to test it, make sure to save your game first. Game froze on me 5 out of 5 times out there.

Hmm the game has never froze on me from selling items quickly. The area that freezes the game for me 100% of the time though is in Grunwald, east of the cave where the dragon is and west of the forest on the left side of the Grunwald Temple of the Gods. If you play on PS3 do NOT try to explore this area... if you are feeling adventurous and want to test it, make sure to save your game first. Game froze on me 5 out of 5 times out there.

Hmm.. odd. I've never had that issue, not that that's weird or anything... normal Sacredness ;)

Hmm.. odd. I've never had that issue, not that that's weird or anything... normal Sacredness ;)

Are you certain that you explored the area that I am referring to? It is a bit tricky because I noticed that when you go to Grunwald, and it displays the title "Grunwald" at the top of the screen when you move into that area, on the world map the entire Grunwald area, including the "freeze zone," shows that it has been explored even when it has not. I only explored there when I became a bit more aware of Map Reveal % and was trying to explore the areas under the "fog" on the minimap. I assume that there are a TON of enemies in this area, but I've never been able to tell since the game has ALWAYS froze up for me here. I tried entering from both the north and south, either way it freezes for me.

Just went and ordered the Gold Edition for PC instead and am looking forward to the Fire & Blood expansion.

The expansion was a great boon for a lot of us. The nerfing of a lot of uberness from the early versions with has released most excellent creativity from the fans in search for the god builds.

Have fun with the expansion noodles.

:)

gogo

Hmm.. odd. I've never had that issue, not that that's weird or anything... normal Sacredness :sigh:

Are you certain that you explored the area that I am referring to? It is a bit tricky because I noticed that when you go to Grunwald, and it displays the title "Grunwald" at the top of the screen when you move into that area, on the world map the entire Grunwald area, including the "freeze zone," shows that it has been explored even when it has not. I only explored there when I became a bit more aware of Map Reveal % and was trying to explore the areas under the "fog" on the minimap. I assume that there are a TON of enemies in this area, but I've never been able to tell since the game has ALWAYS froze up for me here. I tried entering from both the north and south, either way it freezes for me.

Ahhh.. clearer your query is now... I thought it was a specific spot, but it seems "all" of Grunwald is borken for ya.

You definitely have a unique issue. I went there last night (coincidentally); and I am certian that I have been "everywhere" for Fallen Angel/console version, except the places you have to "jump" to. I'll get there one day. Maybe.

Grunwald: Lotsa enemies, yes. Annoying area to explore, farm, etc... yes again. I am sorry to hear you cannot "go there" but I wouldn't worry about it too much. There are other dragons to kill about Ancaria, and he's not the best one to farm anyway, so there really is no reason to go there unless you're trying to get all quests complete.