BFG and Archangel's Wrath + Battle Stance

Etherian

I've been thinking about BFG & AW + BS.

Does the BFG buff couple with AW or BS at all?

I know BFG buff works with all ranged weapon attacks. ie: throwing knives, stars and the like. I also understand that AW is a spell, but in the coding is AW & BS considered a ranged attack or simply a spell with ranged capabilites?

Thanks for any tid bits of information!

I remain, Etherian

~p.s.~ also if my thought is correct. Wouldn't RP be in the same collected pool as AW & BS?

I've been thinking about BFG & AW + BS.

Does the BFG buff couple with AW or BS at all?

I know BFG buff works with all ranged weapon attacks. ie: throwing knives, stars and the like. I also understand that AW is a spell, but in the coding is AW & BS considered a ranged attack or simply a spell with ranged capabilites?

Thanks for any tid bits of information!

I remain, Etherian

~p.s.~ also if my thought is correct. Wouldn't RP be in the same collected pool as AW & BS?

Radiant Pillar is a pure spell. However, Archangels Wrath is a weapon based spell of sorts and with the damage mods on BFG and the buff Battle Stance. AW becomes a huge weapon against bosses. On my Gran Canon AW out performs the BFG with pelting strike in damage. and AW works with LL% and RpH. it is a dandy little tool.

the big downside is that it is a poor weapon for distance shooting and RpH unless used in close quarters, then it awesome.

So give it a whirl and enjoy.

Radiant Pillar is a pure spell. However, Archangels Wrath is a weapon based spell of sorts and with the damage mods on BFG and the buff Battle Stance. AW becomes a huge weapon against bosses. On my Gran Canon AW out performs the BFG with pelting strike in damage. and AW works with LL% and RpH. it is a dandy little tool.

the big downside is that it is a poor weapon for distance shooting and RpH unless used in close quarters, then it awesome.

So give it a whirl and enjoy.

Loco, thanks for the response!

I chose Lock as a Silver mod. Would this help with the downside of ranged distance?

Also, this build I am tooning up. No Battle Stance. Does this still hold true, "damage mods on BFG and the buff Battle Stance." Will use BFG buff with AW if this still holds water!

What about BS? Baneful Smite...a pure spell like RP or spell/ranged capabilites of sorts?

I remain, Etherian

Lock will help with the ranged issue. As you saw today when we were doing the Grunwald dragon, you were able to hit him alot more than me when we first appoached (farther away) and when he started flying. Baneful smite is a spell, and it is not based on a weapon your using so its not classified as a ranged weapon attack. Very curious about the BFG now. If modded for Enhancement, Enhancement, Accuracy, and placed in a weapon slot, would it still effect the damage and accuracy of another weapon if I kept the buff on? Kind of like Dobri's bosskiller seraphim with the shruiken?

Lock will help with the ranged issue. As you saw today when we were doing the Grunwald dragon, you were able to hit him alot more than me when we first appoached (farther away) and when he started flying. Baneful smite is a spell, and it is not based on a weapon your using so its not classified as a ranged weapon attack. Very curious about the BFG now. If modded for Enhancement, Enhancement, Accuracy, and placed in a weapon slot, would it still effect the damage and accuracy of another weapon if I kept the buff on? Kind of like Dobri's bosskiller seraphim with the shruiken?

Yes and no.

It will maintain the ranged lore boost, but not the monster damage boost.

And revered lore enhances the damage boost.

My comment about the AW was two parts. As a seeker, the first is settled. The second is in regard to RpH. The bolt takes so long to travel at range that the benefits of RpH are deminished.

Baneful smite will not benefits from bfg.

For more info. See chattius guide on the seraphim in cm patch. He is using bfg for its bonuses.

Unfortuantely the only mods on BFG that aren't applied directly to the BFG weapon itself are the two regen reduction mods. The Damage bonus, pierce & opponent's evade reduction all appear as mods on the BFG weapon when you select them.

All of the Celestial CAs are proper spells (in terms of what mods affect them & whether they'll benefit from Ancient Magic), as is Flaring Nova. Archangel's Wrath is a weapon-based CA & so will be affected by any/all mods that affect weapon-based CAs (eg, Deathblow, RpH, etc) but not mods/skills that affect spells (ie, not Ancient Magic).

Its too slow missile fire for ranged (compared to the regular BFG left clicks). But its great to walk up to a champ or boss and slam them in the face.

I would actually recommend the explode mod because shift guys who run away from you should be handled with left clicks which are super fast. By taking the explode mod now if you get surrounded BOOM BOOM and everyone is dead. You can use Nova or Pillar for that purpose too, but they do not do as much Damage (presuming you have BFG/archange/BS)..

I experimented with some builds like this in low levels. I had my eye on damage lore as a boss killer since AW is fire damage. You could deal HUGE damage. And with some fire or poison gloves you can also deal huge damage on left clicks of BFG.