I'm Thankful Because...

I'm thankful I met my Great Aunt...I visited her several times in the past few years.

I learned she read about Sea Biscuit in the newspapers... at the time he was racing!

I learned she emigrated to the US with very little money... and made a good life for herself.

I was very fortunate to get the cassette tapes she made talking about her parents. The tapes featured my Great Aunt, her Sister (my Grandmother) and my Mom.

All three of them have passed on, and it was so wonderful to hear them talking about my Great-Grandfather and the early years of settlement in Canada. About 80 years ago.

Wow.

My friend converted the cassette tapes to mp3 files... which I can burn to CD or DvD and share with the family. Priceless family treasure. Preserved through the generations.

I'm thankful ............... My friend converted the cassette tapes to mp3 files... which I can burn to CD or DvD and share with the family. Priceless family treasure. Preserved through the generations.

I can feel how important this material is for yourself ... wish I had similar from my relatives of past generations gone. Technology and for-sight to make the initial recordings has created a Gem for yourself.