Do you have to have the weapon or shield equipped to receive the benefits

do you have to have the weapon or shield equipped to receive the benefits as on the console all my slots are taken with gi cs and 2 combos.Once I have cast the cs and gi can I just leave them running and change to a shield and weapon to receive the benefits?

edit: just discovered thr r2 and l2 equip extra tho I have just died at only level 24 and I am actually mortified

Welcome to DarkMatters Simon

As rnarchlord posted, benefits from weapons you will get if you are actually in the slot... you can check this by looking at your sigma. and moving your wep slots back and forth... as well, you can also look at your damage by pressing "e" to see how your choice of weapon slots is affecting your damage and efficiencies of spells.

Exception to this is buffs, and it's a very important one. You can use plus all skills weapon slots to boost the level of your buff as you cast it. Because a buff never "finishes" technically, you get to keep the benefits of the higher level buff that you cast.

See also:

HolosBrothers Guide to Buff Suits, How to achieve max buff benefits without the regen penalty

:D

gogo

do you have to have the weapon or shield equipped to receive the benefits as on the console all my slots are taken with gi cs and 2 combos.Once I have cast the cs and gi can I just leave them running and change to a shield and weapon to receive the benefits?

edit: just discovered thr r2 and l2 equip extra tho I have just died at only level 24 and I am actually mortified

sounds like your actually on Console, mate. you get 12 slots(4 on left trigger, 4 on right trigger, and 4 default) to use anyway you wish. As a basic set-up on my XBOX I put my buffs on the left trigger and my weapons/shields on the right trigger. then my most common used CAs on the middle/default. That always worked well for me.

So I would buff up, then select/equip my weapon. and then go at em.

weclome to FDM

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you have with the game.

thanks for the replies and greets guys logical thing to do with my console set up loco shame I never thought of it with my random placings just to clear my head GI and crystal skin are my buffs and once ive cast they stay running but if I add a relic or ear a rune I need to recast to recieve the benefit of the increase