Help with Console button setup, please

Eventually after my PS3 returned from repairs, I could start playing Sacred 2!

I'm more familiar playing on PC, but getting the hang of the console quickly and I kinda like it! But I just want to know how you guys assign CAs and weapons to buttons?

Let's take the Dedicated Blow and Charged grid CAs. Normally on PC I would have a weapon with +DB modifiers assigned to "1", and a weapon with +CG modifiers assigned to "2". The DB CA would be assigned to "6" and the CG CA would be assigned to "7". So if I cast DB, I hit 1-6. If I want to cast CG I hit 2-7. I hope you get the idea.

But how to go about things on the controller? I'd like to have my normal attack (pc left-click) assigned to X, but that always changes to the weapon assigned to X. So I'm thinking that I should assign my +DB weapon to X and DB CA to square, and assign my +CG weapon to O and my CG CA to triangle?

I would hate to assign weapons to slots in the R2/L2 combos, since I don't want to play certain areas holding those buttons down all the time!

What works for you?

normal weapon attack X, alternate weapon attack triangle, most used CA circle, next most square. buffs go on the R2 set, combos on the L2 set.

mentor potions go on the right side (divine gift is up, heal pots are down)

Thanks - yeah I have something similar going at the moment...

My first toon on the PS3 was the Temple Guardian and I think that was a bit of a tricky choice as a beginner.

Playing the seraphim now and things are going smooth!